Quantum and Woody #1 sells out

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
Re: Quantum and Woody #1 sells out

Post by JonesyAZ »

bygranddesign wrote:
SJS4 wrote:Wow, great news for VEI. I think EW will have a tough time moving that many copies.
I would think that EW is a more popular character and bigger property than Q&W

but then again ... EW doesn't have a goat

hmmmm .. :hm:

Maybe EW needs a cute?/strange mascot for his immortal war ?

The least the Earth can do is give him an Immortal companion to keep him company through the many thousands of years serving her...

The immortal donkey?
The everlasting lemur?
The forever fox?
the perpetual prairie dog?
The undying dodo?
The endless orangutan?
The enduring cow?

An enduring cow QR Voice Variant would put this book over the top! It would be Mooo-mentous! :kidaround:
Hahahahahahahaha!
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

bygranddesign wrote:
SJS4 wrote:Wow, great news for VEI. I think EW will have a tough time moving that many copies.
I would think that EW is a more popular character and bigger property than Q&W

but then again ... EW doesn't have a goat

hmmmm .. :hm:

Maybe EW needs a cute?/strange mascot for his immortal war ?

The least the Earth can do is give him an Immortal companion to keep him company through the many thousands of years serving her...

The immortal donkey?
The everlasting lemur?
The forever fox?
the perpetual prairie dog?
The undying dodo?
The endless orangutan?
The enduring cow?

An enduring cow QR Voice Variant would put this book over the top! It would be Mooo-mentous! :kidaround:
The Eventual Sloth - he'll get there sooner or later, and then the *SQUEE* hits the fan!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

lorddunlow wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
drmirage wrote:X-O Manowar sold over 40k copies. :). There's a graph somwhere that has the # of copies sold.
Hilarious! :lol:
+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one, Bugsy! :clap:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

I agree actually. Q+W had a LOT of pre-release promotion, which I think has helped substantially with shifting these numbers as quickly as it has. And I think that being a lighter-hearted comedy title has helped it no end because it's likely a comic that someone can pick up and try out without worrying too much about whether or not they're going to like it in the long term. It's also likely that people can see that it's a story that's starting from its own place, and isn't currently bogged down in the rest of the Valiant Universe's continuity etc. There's no way that can possibly be the case with EW. I think that unless Valiant manage to give EW a lot of pre-release promotion, it won't shift as well as Q+W regardless of its quality. And with EW being considerably more serious in tone and more deeply ingrained in the Valiant universe, I think people won't be as inclined to 'give it a try' as they have Q+W.

I would also say that if Valiant can play their 'crossover' cards right in the future, they'll be able to boost their readership on other titles by having Q+W cross paths with other Valiant characters and gaining (newer, from having picked up Q+W as their first title) reader's interest in them as well.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Shadowman99 wrote:
I agree actually. Q+W had a LOT of pre-release promotion, which I think has helped substantially with shifting these numbers as quickly as it has. And I think that being a lighter-hearted comedy title has helped it no end because it's likely a comic that someone can pick up and try out without worrying too much about whether or not they're going to like it in the long term. It's also likely that people can see that it's a story that's starting from its own place, and isn't currently bogged down in the rest of the Valiant Universe's continuity etc. There's no way that can possibly be the case with EW. I think that unless Valiant manage to give EW a lot of pre-release promotion, it won't shift as well as Q+W regardless of its quality. And with EW being considerably more serious in tone and more deeply ingrained in the Valiant universe, I think people won't be as inclined to 'give it a try' as they have Q+W.

I would also say that if Valiant can play their 'crossover' cards right in the future, they'll be able to boost their readership on other titles by having Q+W cross paths with other Valiant characters and gaining (newer, from having picked up Q+W as their first title) reader's interest in them as well.
Well, I've seen a lot more people around the interwebs saying they are looking forward to EW than I did for Q&W, which had much more trepidation (and of course the idiots who refused to read the book until VEI signs over Dino's left nut to Priest and his right one to Doc Bright).

And then there's the simple fact that EW is being released as 6 other VALIANT books already exist, so the launch numbers are likely going to be lower than previous launches.

Then again, Greg Pak is a pretty well known name (Hulk, Batman/Superman, etc) that can pull in readers.

So basically what I am saying is I have no idea how well the book will do :?

Big Red
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: Divinity, X-O, & Bloodshot
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Big Red »

Glad to hear that it sold well.

I loved the first issue.
Favorite books: Black Hammer, Bloodshot, Divinity, Justice League Dark, Marvel Two-In-One, Thor.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

BugsySig wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Well, I've seen a lot more people around the interwebs saying they are looking forward to EW than I did for Q&W, which had much more trepidation (and of course the idiots who refused to read the book until VEI signs over Dino's left nut to Priest and his right one to Doc Bright).

And then there's the simple fact that EW is being released as 6 other VALIANT books already exist, so the launch numbers are likely going to be lower than previous launches.

Then again, Greg Pak is a pretty well known name (Hulk, Batman/Superman, etc) that can pull in readers.

That was a very decisive and insightful post. :P

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

lorddunlow wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Your welcome :thumb:

Sir Sandrick
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: X-O/Aric
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Sir Sandrick »

That cover is so fun. I cannot wait for what comes next for these two :D

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

lorddunlow wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Making decisive and insightful posts can get you banned here . .

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

siren3-4 wrote:

Making decisive and insightful posts can get you banned here . .
Then I am in no fear of being banned. :thumb:

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

I always suspected that Quantum & Woody were sellouts.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Burrito Boy wrote:I always suspected that Quantum & Woody were sellouts.

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

:clap:

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Just confirmed my order of the second printing at my LCS :thumb:

First time I've got multiple copies of the same issue.

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

FYI - Second print is set to ship for next week - according to the old LCS.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.