Man of God Kickstarter

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Fanboy375
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Re: Man of God Kickstarter

Post by Fanboy375 »

That is correct.

shadow5555
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by shadow5555 »

Fanboy375 wrote:That is correct.
Thanks, I'll probably get my pledge in the next few days then. :wink:
I AM The Night!!!

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

shadow5555 wrote:
Fanboy375 wrote:
400yrs wrote:I'll be in. Just need to figure out which pledge(s) to go with. I still need to hunt down a copy of #3.
:breakingnews:

To All vf.com members

If you are only missing one or two issues, or have a certain cover you want, you can purchase those direct from us. We will ship them separate to you (additional shipping required) or combine them with your Kickstarter rewards (free for USA/adjusted for international). Just email me at fanboy375@gmail.com

Issue 1A - Yvel Cover - $3
Issue 1B - Brereton Cover - $3
Issue 1C - MAC Cover (C2E2 Exclusive) - $3

Issue 2A - Yvel Cover - $3
Issue 2B - Brereton Cover - $3
Issue 2C - The Gurch Cover (Derby City Comic Con Exclusive) - $3

Issue 3A - Yvel Cover - $3
Issue 3B - Brereton Cover - $3
Issue 3C - Tim Vigil Cover (Cincinnati Comic Expo Exclusive) - $3

Thanks,

Jonathan
I might have to take you up on that since a complete run isn't something I'd do, or it could be an additional tier **wink, wink** :wink: I'd like to go with the $22 level, but #1-3 isn't offered with them.

In that case if I do combine it with the KS pledge it would be what? $31 for that level plus the $9 for issues 1-3? Am I understanding that correctly?
There are sets if all six issues at $25 for the Yvel covers or the Brereton covers. $30 for the con covers since there are two extra books in that set.

shadow5555

Post by shadow5555 »

I just did as Jonathan (fanboy375) suggested and did $31 for the first three and the $22 tier (wanted the Bob Hall cover), I'll PM/email whichever of you needs my info from the kickstarter and we'll go from there. :wink:
I AM The Night!!!

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I am in for one of the sketch covers by Hobo ... if anybody can think of something good for him to draw let me know. I told him I wanted a sketch of me doing something stupid.

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

depluto wrote:I am in for one of the sketch covers by Hobo ... if anybody can think of something good for him to draw let me know. I told him I wanted a sketch of me doing something stupid.
Thanks looking forward to your pledge!!!

J

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Fanboy375 wrote:
depluto wrote:I am in for one of the sketch covers by Hobo ... if anybody can think of something good for him to draw let me know. I told him I wanted a sketch of me doing something stupid.
Thanks looking forward to your pledge!!!

J

Already in, I got someone to make it for me.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Perhaps trading your man card in for a 6-pack of Miller Lite?

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

Dr. Solar wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

So I am really lazy and haven't replaced my bank card to my comic book account (Yeah, thats right, i have a comic book account. Wanna fight about it?) since I cut it in half by mistake (long story).

As soon as I do that, I decided to do two separate $30 pledges because I really want the Playing God TPB and all the Man of God issues (With Perlin and Hall covers? Too good to resist).

Anyway, going to the bank tomorrow and will put in my contribution as soon as the new card arrives. It'll be my first Kick Start and I think it's a worthy one. :thumb:

They are less than $300 from their goal, so if the timing works out, maybe I can be the one to put them over the mark!
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

$251 away from unlocking the $3000 stretch goal and it is fantastic!

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Dr. Solar wrote:
:funnypost:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

Man of God $3,000 stretch goal
Update #11 · May 4, 2013 · 0 comments

We can't hold it in any longer. If we reach $3000; everyone who ordered a set of issues one through six will receive a free Bob Hall sketch cover variant for issue number five.

And for those of you who did not order issues one through six, you will be able to purchase this variant as an add-on for an additional $5 to your original pledge.

dellamorte

Post by dellamorte »

Just to clarify, it's not really a sketch edition. It's a black and white inked virgin cover. it'll look like this:

We will only print enough copies of this book to cover the kickstarter rewards, so it's going to be pretty damn rare.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

This book looks great, guys - I'm in for the full set of Variants for 1-6, minus the sketch covers. I was hoping to be the guy to push it over the $1500 funded level for you, but I think you are significantly close to it now, one more backer oughta do it [its at 1482 as of my pledge]!

Maybe BugsySig can still be the hero, if he hasn't pledged already :)
BugsySig wrote:It'll be my first Kick Start and I think it's a worthy one. :thumb:

They are less than $300 from their goal, so if the timing works out, maybe I can be the one to put them over the mark!
Sincerely, I am happy to support a cool independent comic like this - especially since the creative team is chock full of Valiant Fans & former Valiant employees... so awesome! I still dream of publishing my own books, I'll just have to live a little vicariously through yours for now. :lol:

Good luck with meeting your additional stretch goals.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

grendeljd wrote:This book looks great, guys - I'm in for the full set of Variants for 1-6, minus the sketch covers. I was hoping to be the guy to push it over the $1500 funded level for you, but I think you are significantly close to it now, one more backer oughta do it [its at 1482 as of my pledge]!

BugsySig wrote:It'll be my first Kick Start and I think it's a worthy one. :thumb:

Sincerely, I am happy to support a cool independent comic like this - especially since the creative team is chock full of Valiant Fans & former Valiant employees... so awesome! I still dream of publishing my own books, I'll just have to live a little vicariously through yours for now. :lol:

Thanks! You put us within $18 of our first goal. I am hoping that there are alot of fans waiting in the wings (to see if this gets funded before donating) and then the proverbial flood gates will open.

If you are on Facebook, please goto https://www.facebook.com/manofgodcomic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and share the Kickstarter link with your buds!

Thanks again,

Jonathan

grendeljd
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Fanboy375 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:This book looks great, guys - I'm in for the full set of Variants for 1-6, minus the sketch covers. I was hoping to be the guy to push it over the $1500 funded level for you, but I think you are significantly close to it now, one more backer oughta do it [its at 1482 as of my pledge]!

Thanks! You put us within $18 of our first goal. I am hoping that there are alot of fans waiting in the wings (to see if this gets funded before donating) and then the proverbial flood gates will open.

If you are on Facebook, please goto https://www.facebook.com/manofgodcomic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and share the Kickstarter link with your buds!

Thanks again,

Jonathan
Will do - I already tweeted it too.

And congrats, it looks like someone else came along & put you guys over the $1500 goal! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Does this then mean you'll get better support on Kickstarter, higher visibility for the project? Hope so, and once again, good luck!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

WE MADE IT!!!

First and foremost, thank you all for donating. We reached our initial goal in a little over 2 weeks which is great!

I would like to take this update to share with you the stretch goals. These will be available for free to everyone who bought a set of issues 1-6 or, unless noted, for an additional $5 if you did not order 1-6.

$3,000 - Bob Hall black and white virgin cover for issue #5. This will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a micro-print run!

$4,500 - Andrew Mangum black and white virgin cover for issue #4. This will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a micro-print run!

$6,000 - Mark Kidwell black and white virgin cover for issue #6. This will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a micro-print run!

$7,500 - Issue #0 Kickstarter exclusive cover. (This item cannot be added for $5 and is only available to people that pledged for full sets of issues 1-6 {Yvel's Covers, Dan's Covers, or Convention covers all qualify for this}). This issue was to be given away at conventions only and would only have had less than 150 copies made. Through this Kickstarter exclusive, this will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a SUPER micro-print run!

$10,000 - 15 minute live action DVD of three (3) of our favorite scenes from the book.

Please share with all your friends and let's hit these goals as well.

Below is the possible cover for the #0 issue if we hit $7,500

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

Why it's important we don't stop and, why we need to make our $7,500 stretch goal!

Update #17

As it stands right now, for $25, you can get a set of 1-6 which is the complete story arc. That price includes shipping! If with hit our $3K, $4.5K, $6K & $7.5K strech goals, you get four (4) additional kickstarter exclusive comics. That works out to $2.50 an issue shipped!

Please share with all your friends so that we can move back up into the "popular" category and gain exposure. Even if you can only donate a $1, every backer helps to move us forward!

See below for detailed explanation on stretch goals:

$3,000 - Bob Hall black and white virgin cover for issue #5. This will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a micro-print run!

$4,500 - Andrew Mangum black and white virgin cover for issue #4. This will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a micro-print run!

$6,000 - Mark Kidwell black and white virgin cover for issue #6. This will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a micro-print run!

$7,500 - Issue #0 Kickstarter exclusive cover. (This item cannot be added for $5 and is only available to people that pledged for full sets of issues 1-6 {Yvel's Covers, Dan's Covers, or Convention covers all qualify for this}). This issue was to be given away at conventions only and would only have had less than 150 copies made. Through this Kickstarter exclusive, this will be limited to the number given away on Kickstarter only. In other words, a SUPER micro-print run!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201 ... -and-craig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fanboy375

Post by Fanboy375 »

If you haven't donated, please consider. A set of 1-6 will run you $25 and if we reach $6,000 you will get three (3) free exclusive Kickstarter variant covers and a free ultra limited 0 issue!!!

With this latest update we have a shorter video, simplified rewards, and lower prices on original art!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201 ... -and-craig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

I, X-O Hobojoe (along with any and all other names, nom de plumes and derogatory identifiers) do hereby pledge to make no posts of a political bent on this here message board for a period of 1 day per every dollar pledged to the MOG kick-starter by each member of this here said message board. This is to include pledges made before I crazily opened my big mouth here today.

I will also refrain from sending any Aquaman comics of lower-grade/damaged condition to random people for an equivalent amount of time (except to Jacksonville, FL).
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Oy. Guess I need to dress up like Borat for these posts.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:Oy. Guess I need to dress up like Borat for these posts.
Very nice.

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Chiclo wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:Oy. Guess I need to dress up like Borat for these posts.
Very nice.
I like to moveit-moveit.

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:I, X-O Hobojoe (along with any and all other names, nom de plumes and derogatory identifiers) do hereby pledge to make no posts of a political bent on this here message board for a period of 1 day per every dollar pledged to the MOG kick-starter by each member of this here said message board. This is to include pledges made before I crazily opened my big mouth here today.
I must increase my pledge!