Sellers: Read First - *SOLD!*

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted. Transactions are unmonitored, so handle at your own risk.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

User avatar
cornflakeboy
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 8:26:46 am
Location: Madrid
Contact:

Post by cornflakeboy »

well, that's only a guess...

I don't really like the "when new books come" thing because anything can happen. Have the Gold Key Solars skyrocketed after 10 yrs+ of Valiant? Guess not. If you're planning on paying your granson's university fees with Harbinger Pinks, maybe you'd better get into the stock market... or online poker. This is supposed to be about fun a little geekism and all that...

Just my two cents (of an euro)

User avatar
GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Posts: 3998
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:23:19 pm
Location: Otown

Post by GGSAE »

cornflakeboy wrote:well, that's only a guess...

I don't really like the "when new books come" thing because anything can happen. Have the Gold Key Solars skyrocketed after 10 yrs+ of Valiant? Guess not. If you're planning on paying your granson's university fees with Harbinger Pinks, maybe you'd better get into the stock market... or online poker. This is supposed to be about fun a little geekism and all that...

Just my two cents (of an euro)


poker and stocks...ugh both have a 90% loss ratio...better stick to what you know

User avatar
400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Posts: 11474
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:55:22 am
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham
Location: #Tampa Win Cup

Post by 400yrs »

GGSAE wrote:
billandedsdeals wrote:I personnaly wouldn't pay 50 (anymore...I paid a lot more in the early 90's.. :!: ), but I put them up for sale at 50 each and got an offer to buy both. I would say that the price is a little high, but I am just posting what they sold for...after they sold, I got another email asking me if I had any more...so that's 3 that would have sold at 50...I haven't checked lately to see what they are going for because I only have 1 more (and that's mine!!!) :D


really...i've been consistently seeing these sell for around 30-40$, i'm surprised ppl would jump on them at $50.


A few months ago, they were selling for $60 easy raw. They came down recently. With this book, a raw NM will sell better than a slabbed 9.4 pretty much always and sometimes more than a slabbed 9.6.
ASM AmericanCarnage #GunningForHits IceCreamMan Redneck Saga TWD

User avatar
tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Posts: 3135
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:01:26 pm
Location: with you mama

Post by tcolli »

cornflakeboy wrote:well, that's only a guess...

I don't really like the "when new books come" thing because anything can happen. Have the Gold Key Solars skyrocketed after 10 yrs+ of Valiant? Guess not. If you're planning on paying your granson's university fees with Harbinger Pinks, maybe you'd better get into the stock market... or online poker. This is supposed to be about fun a little geekism and all that...

Just my two cents (of an euro)


I disagree, I think they will skyrocket at first and then drop just because anyone who knows Valiant will buy a couple issues because it was gone so long. Gold Key jumped huge when Valiant first released Magnus, Turok, and Solar....at least in the LCS in my area. HOWEVER, I will not sell my books no matter, they are my pride and joy. (OK, so I need a life)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Posts: 22402
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:55:24 pm

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Guys. Not really the appropriate thread for this discussion. Can we please take it elsewhere, at least on an 'official' thread?

Greg, can you line item delete please?

Thanks all.

User avatar
Mr.V
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:43:46 am

Post by Mr.V »

SOLD!!!

Destroyer #0 Newstand Variant, NM-/NM.........$55.99
:thumb:
Mr.V
"Its only a movie"

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Posts: 22402
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:55:24 pm

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Can we put a copy of this in Buy/Sell/Trade-Non-Valiant too?

User avatar
Technique
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
Posts: 5238
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:16:31 am
Location: The S is for Sucks

Post by Technique »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:Can we put a copy of this in Buy/Sell/Trade-Non-VALIANT too?


Yeah, it looks like that would be a big "NO".

User avatar
cobra_commander
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Dude...one word - Pterodactyls!
Posts: 7105
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:38:45 am
Location: In front of my xbox 360

Post by cobra_commander »

dino wrote:Its a great idea. I just bought a bloodshot plat and I think everybody would like to know that it went for -SOLD- :P


:lol:

User avatar
sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Posts: 5162
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:11:13 am
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Location: Nebraska!
Contact:

Post by sonicdan »

BUMP..oh wait. :? :wink:

User avatar
Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40:44 am
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!
Re: Sellers: Read First - *SOLD!*

Post by Phantom.. »

Just want my name to show as the last on this thread instead of sonicdans.

So you a problem with that?

User avatar
Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40:44 am
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!
Re:

Post by Phantom.. »

slym2none wrote:According to ZWH, you're a noob until your 3000th post - I'll probably be one forever! :wink:



-slym


posted june 4th 2005
now slym has one of the largests post counts! :wink:

User avatar
slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
Posts: 37069
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:08:46 pm
Location: Troll- free zone.
Re:

Post by slym2none »

tcolli wrote:and when any new books come out they will skyrocket!


:(



-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

User avatar
myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Posts: 16211
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:37:59 am
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Location: watertown, wi
Re: Re:

Post by myron »

slym2none wrote:
tcolli wrote:and when any new books come out they will skyrocket!


:(



-slym

indeed

chickenman... :cry:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

User avatar
kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Posts: 3868
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34:06 pm
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:
Re: Sellers: Read First - *SOLD!*

Post by kevinbastos »

Relax, kids.

I still have a feeling that demand will increase. Not in the near future, but when the company starts getting increased sales. I wouldn't unload them yet.

My guess is that many of 'old' hoarders that aren't too interested in continuing Valiant are trying to unload 'extra' hoards. Many of the RARE-est of books are still commanding the bucks. And increasing. I remember missing out on an Armorines 4 for $30... And then WISHING I could have gotten back to it and bid higher.

Right now, dumping exceeds demand. I am betting that it will catch up. 2014-ish?
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

User avatar
depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Posts: 19209
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Re:

Post by depluto »

:bump:
billandedsdeals wrote:This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but here is a list of the comics that I have recently sold on ebay and the boards and what the final total was. This is over the last 2 months...

Harbinger 0 Pink (2) $50.00 each
Quantum and Woody trades 1,2,3 $41.00 for the lot of 3
Psi-Lords 1 vvss $122.51
Rai 9 Gold $11.51
Turok 46 $4.99
Shadowman 5 VH2 retailer review $9.99
Solar 10 (2) $7.20, $9.51
Armorines 0 gold signed by calafiore (2) $12.87, $9.99
Magnus 12 (2) $7.00, $7.26
Rai 4 (2) $10.49, $9.51
Rai 3 (3) $28.00, $20.50, $17.51
Bloodshot 0 gold $14.99
Unity 0 Red $65.00
Archer and Armstrong 0 gold $15.59
X-0 68 $4.99
Solar 60 $5.24
Magnus 64 $4.99
Magnus 0 no card $16.25

Hope this helps!!!

P.S. This is my 50th post :thumb: :thumb: ...does that mean I'm not a noobie anymore???? :D :D

User avatar
ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06:13 am
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Re: Sellers: Read First - *SOLD!*

Post by ShadowTuga »

If anyone is taking notes :P I sold my copy of the Harbinger 7 Flamingo variant for 60 USD, comic raw but high-grade candidate. Buyer was certainly satisfied :D (and if somehow he's reading this- Thank You! :thumb: )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113356546264 ... 1559.l2649
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo


Post Reply