X-O: Teleportation?

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord
Re: X-O: Teleportation?

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

I don't really care how he flies or teleports or whatever i just want to see some *SQUEE* kicking
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I think it was teleportation (of some sort) when he left the vine ship and appeared above Italy. When he is just moving fast, the blue rings appear signifying the speed of his movement. When he leaves the vine ship, he just disappears. What form this teleportation takes, I'm guessing we'll find out during Planet Death but I don't think that any time passes during his teleports. Otherwise the vine at the ship and the ones on earth wouldn't both be talking in present tense about the events during their telepathic conferences and planning on the damaged ship coming to earth very soon for the invasion. The Vine must have some teleporting technology if they plan on getting to Earth soon, but maybe they just can't use it often due to some mechanical or fuel consideration.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

jakgrimm
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jakgrimm »

It would be cool if we find out later that there is a character that teleported the XO to earth. Like Solar working in the backstages but we don't find out until much later. Or we can find out in PD. (what a crap name btw)

Also I agree that it had to be instantaneous teleportation that transported Aric and the XO to earth but then why did he come STREAKING down out of the sky? Teleportation should preserve velocity (like it does for nightcrawler). It looked like he was moving really really fast, and while things are relative in space I don't think he was moving that fast up there.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

jakgrimm wrote:Also I agree that it had to be instantaneous teleportation that transported Aric and the XO to earth but then why did he come STREAKING down out of the sky? Teleportation should preserve velocity (like it does for nightcrawler). It looked like he was moving really really fast, and while things are relative in space I don't think he was moving that fast up there.
There is no reason to assume that Aric/X-O was moving that fast as soon as he appeared from the teleport. He could have popped into earthspace at zero velocity and then started flying fast towards Rome. We didn't see him until after we knew he was moving fast based on the air traffic controller watching the radar.
Viva la Valiant!

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

Good point. He could have materialized in orbit and then gravity would have taken over
Time to take a dump. -Torque

vaevictis
Favorite character: Phil Seleski

Post by vaevictis »

I agree that it would sort of cheapen the character if he can simply teleport. I get the feeling that someone 'ported him out of there. If it turns out that its a feature of the armor (and I seriously hope it is not) then at least let it be limited to places he has already been. Kind of like in the books/movie JUMPER.
Vae Victis - Woe to the Conquered!

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

vaevictis wrote:I agree that it would sort of cheapen the character if he can simply teleport. I get the feeling that someone 'ported him out of there. If it turns out that its a feature of the armor (and I seriously hope it is not) then at least let it be limited to places he has already been. Kind of like in the books/movie JUMPER.
I agree that a limit of some sort would be smart. Interesting thing though about your suggestion: The armor can only teleport to someplace the wearer has been, the armor has been, or both have been?
Viva la Valiant!

orbitalshift
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by orbitalshift »

Venditti addressed this somewhat in the panel Saturday. He wouldn't confirm or deny teleportation but he did say that the vine didn't necessarily travel in a straight line. So in other words they may be combing the universe in spirals. So when they leave earth they could be spiraling around and could have been back close to earth when X-O escaped. This would also explain why they are able to return so quickly, to retrieve the Manowar armor.