The covers we'll probably never get to see....

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
The covers we'll probably never get to see....

Post by tchalla8 »

It seems apparent to me that VEI had new art for 2nd printing covers pre-prepared after sellouts of X-O #1 and A&A #1. Which leads me to believe that somewhere there is new cover art prepared for 2nd printings of Harbinger #1 and Bloodshot #1. Wonder if we'll ever get to see it.
Spooooon!!!!

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
Re: The covers we'll probably never get to see....

Post by etos45 »

If I had to guess, they'll probably use them as a variant some time in the future or as the cover to the trade.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

That's a great question and I'm sure they were prepared for it. But remember with trades of all new material coming out also I'm sure those will be seen in those. :thumb:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

tchalla8 wrote:It seems apparent to me that VEI had new art for 2nd printing covers pre-prepared after sellouts of X-O #1 and A&A #1. Which leads me to believe that somewhere there is new cover art prepared for 2nd printings of Harbinger #1 and Bloodshot #1. Wonder if we'll ever get to see it.
If they have covers in the can, trust me, we'll see additional printing that use them. Even if it's just a few thousand copies.

Rai-fan
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Rai-fan »

Why did X-O # 1 get 2nd-4th printings while we presume that Bloodshot and Harbinger 1 won't?

Particularly when X-O 1's print run was a good 10,000 or so higher than that of those books?

I think it's just a matter of time before we see additional printings of those books, particularly Bloodshot.

SJS4
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by SJS4 »

Rai-fan wrote:Why did X-O # 1 get 2nd-4th printings while we presume that Bloodshot and Harbinger 1 won't?

Particularly when X-O 1's print run was a good 10,000 or so higher than that of those books?

I think it's just a matter of time before we see additional printings of those books, particularly Bloodshot.

I don't think they will do a second printing if they still have first printings at the distributor. JMHO though.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

SJS4 wrote:I don't think they will do a second printing if they still have first printings at the distributor. JMHO though.
I agree. Until these books are available in trade, my guess is that Valiant will keep them available at the distributor.
When the first prints are sold out at the distributor, they'll go to second print, etc.

I don't know what their plan for the single issues will be once the trades are available, but I would guess they'll keep the trade in print and in stock as long as they are profitable.

Whenever new readers get on board, they'll always be able to get the issues they've missed, either as first prints, second prints, third, etc., or as trades.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

greg wrote:
SJS4 wrote:I don't think they will do a second printing if they still have first printings at the distributor. JMHO though.
I agree. Until these books are available in trade, my guess is that Valiant will keep them available at the distributor.
When the first prints are sold out at the distributor, they'll go to second print, etc.

I don't know what their plan for the single issues will be once the trades are available, but I would guess they'll keep the trade in print and in stock as long as they are profitable.

Whenever new readers get on board, they'll always be able to get the issues they've missed, either as first prints, second prints, third, etc., or as trades.
So what happens to the books they decide not to leave at Diamond? Do they store them away somewhere or destroy them?

betterthanezra
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

etos45 wrote:
greg wrote:

So what happens to the books they decide not to leave at Diamond? Do they store them away somewhere or destroy them?
Convention giveaways, store signing copies. Passing out to certain clients, video game companies, movie studios ect...

There's always places they can use copies of there books.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;