Board Top
| Main Website
Price Guide | Inventories
New Comics This Month

ValiantFans.com Message Board - Tenth Anniversary 2004 - 2014

An online community for fans of the Valiant Universe
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
ian_house wrote:
Confirmed as end of april


From what I've read, that's only for people in European and Pacific servers that want to transfer to the new Asia servers. Hopefully, I'm just not finding the right link though. I think I'm pretty happy with my new server, so I'd like to bring my Jedi over to play.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:23 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49 am
Posts: 2265
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
I've been playing mostly solo on a slowish server. Got a lvl20 Jedi Sentinel and a lvl 19 Bounty Hunter Power Armor character. Loving it so far!

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 am 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Phoenix8008 wrote:
I've been playing mostly solo on a slowish server. Got a lvl20 Jedi Sentinel and a lvl 19 Bounty Hunter Power Armor character. Loving it so far!


It really is a great game. I just hate that I had to reroll just to get on a server that steps out of light from time to time. On my old server, I could literally be the only one in the world at any given time. They had a list of servers, tracking population sizes, and mine was second to last. I realize TOR can be solo'd for the most part, but to me it defeats the point of paying $15 a month to play. I gave a friend of mine one of those 7-day trials last week and we had an absolute blast playing. It's the only way to go, in my opinion.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49 am
Posts: 2265
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
etos45 wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
I've been playing mostly solo on a slowish server. Got a lvl20 Jedi Sentinel and a lvl 19 Bounty Hunter Power Armor character. Loving it so far!


It really is a great game. I just hate that I had to reroll just to get on a server that steps out of light from time to time. On my old server, I could literally be the only one in the world at any given time. They had a list of servers, tracking population sizes, and mine was second to last. I realize TOR can be solo'd for the most part, but to me it defeats the point of paying $15 a month to play. I gave a friend of mine one of those 7-day trials last week and we had an absolute blast playing. It's the only way to go, in my opinion.

I can see that. So far I'm still going on my initial 3 months of play time, so I haven't had to re-up yet and feel like 'I'm paying $15 a month for this'. Since I'm mostly soloing right now, I'm enjoying it enough just as a KOTOR 3 thing. I've got a few friends on the same server, and we will hopefully manage to hook up sometimes to tackle tougher stuff. Or I'll start a class I haven't played yet on a busier server someday. Or maybe they'll someday get the option to switch characters to a new server.

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:28 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
etos45 wrote:
So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.


I need to read what the logic is behind that and what exactly will be free and what they will inevitably be charging for. Interesting timing too. New world of warcraft expansion is set for september 25.

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:
So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.


I need to read what the logic is behind that and what exactly will be free and what they will inevitably be charging for. Interesting timing too. New world of warcraft expansion is set for september 25.

I think the logic is that the server populations are so low that it's causing people to drop out. The entire story mode 1-50 will be available as well as the majority of the game. It looks like they may limit the amount of characters you're allowed to have plus they limit the amount you can do certain things like operations and war zone. New content will also cost unless you subscribe. What makes me excited is that I can finally get some of my more casual player friends to play without it costing them anything. I don't think they care about the majority of the limitations. I'll probably pay the sub, though.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
etos45 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:
So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.


I need to read what the logic is behind that and what exactly will be free and what they will inevitably be charging for. Interesting timing too. New world of warcraft expansion is set for september 25.

I think the logic is that the server populations are so low that it's causing people to drop out. The entire story mode 1-50 will be available as well as the majority of the game. It looks like they may limit the amount of characters you're allowed to have plus they limit the amount you can do certain things like operations and war zone. New content will also cost unless you subscribe. What makes me excited is that I can finally get some of my more casual player friends to play without it costing them anything. I don't think they care about the majority of the limitations. I'll probably pay the sub, though.


I'm sure I will play for free but I can't imagine I will do to much on it. I bet they don't let the free users use the galactic trade market.

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 am 
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:24 am
Posts: 5777
Location: Torquehala!
Im still subscribing but haven't logged in for more than 2 months. If it goes f2p il probably not be back. I hate balancing what I have to pay for and being able to only do content with friends that they also own. If I buy or subscribe to a game that's all I want. If I have to consider real money in game then I can't be stars. Games should be escapism.

_________________
Nanites at work!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
I'm sure I will play for free but I can't imagine I will do to much on it. I bet they don't let the free users use the galactic trade market.

Is that the auction house? If so, free users get access, but it's limited to the number of transactions, I think. So far, F2P looks like a good deal to me. It's *SQUEE* off a lot of the long time subscribers (who claim they're all leaving), but all I'm thinking of is how many more players this will bring in. That game just isn't fun for me because there's never anybody on and if I move to a more populated server, it'll be dead too within two months.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:11 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
etos45 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
I'm sure I will play for free but I can't imagine I will do to much on it. I bet they don't let the free users use the galactic trade market.

Is that the auction house? If so, free users get access, but it's limited to the number of transactions, I think. So far, F2P looks like a good deal to me. It's *SQUEE* off a lot of the long time subscribers (who claim they're all leaving), but all I'm thinking of is how many more players this will bring in. That game just isn't fun for me because there's never anybody on and if I move to a more populated server, it'll be dead too within two months.


Yeah auction house. Interesting.

Well when it goes F2P send me a PM and I will join you on whatever server. I will tell you I'm likely to create a new Bounty Hunter though.

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:05 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
I created one of the trial accounts that go up to 15. Got to 15, can't queue for flashpoints! To high for BT and to low for anything else. :!:

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 am 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
Put a little time on my account. Got reacquainted with my bounty hunter and still face melt stuff on him. I started up a sorcerer and am stuck on Dromund Kaas because a class quest is bugged. Annoying.

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:20 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Put a little time on my account. Got reacquainted with my bounty hunter and still face melt stuff on him. I started up a sorcerer and am stuck on Dromund Kaas because a class quest is bugged. Annoying.

I need to get back on there. I found the Collector's Edition on K-Mart's web site for $30 about a month ago, so I've got a card with a month's worth of gameplay on it, but I just can't seem to get back to the game.

I hate when there are glitches in a game that can stop your progress. I saw they just released a game patch 1.4, so maybe that was fixed?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
etos45 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Put a little time on my account. Got reacquainted with my bounty hunter and still face melt stuff on him. I started up a sorcerer and am stuck on Dromund Kaas because a class quest is bugged. Annoying.

I need to get back on there. I found the Collector's Edition on K-Mart's web site for $30 about a month ago, so I've got a card with a month's worth of gameplay on it, but I just can't seem to get back to the game.

I hate when there are glitches in a game that can stop your progress. I saw they just released a game patch 1.4, so maybe that was fixed?


1.4 is on the PTR. They have a maintenance tomorrow so we will see if it's fixed or not. If you're looking to completely start over on another realm, let me know. I'm on an RP realm but I managed to find a non-rp guild. I'm only on an RP realm because the friend I started with chose it.

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
1.4 is on the PTR. They have a maintenance tomorrow so we will see if it's fixed or not. If you're looking to completely start over on another realm, let me know. I'm on an RP realm but I managed to find a non-rp guild. I'm only on an RP realm because the friend I started with chose it.

Alright, I'm back on! :thumb:

If you want to stay on the RP-PVE server, that's cool with me. Otherwise, I'm on Corellian Run and Jedi Covenant. I don't mind going Empire to change things up if that's where you like to roll, but I think I want to either do RP-PVE or Corellian Run (eventually I'm going to move my level 25 to Corellian Run when they offer paid transfers).

I will warn, though, apparently I've got a lot of relearning to do. I played a bit today and I am totally lost on what used to be my old setup. :!: That's why I hate taking breaks on games!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Posts: 5406
Location: Oz
Favorite character: Master Darque
Well etos and I made a couple imperials on Correllian Run. (spelled wrong I am sure) Just a thought if anyone else played and was interested in making a guild. We need 4 to do that. <Only the Valiant> has a nice ring to it.

_________________
Deathmate. Opinions vary. I liked it.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Well etos and I made a couple imperials on Correllian Run. (spelled wrong I am sure) Just a thought if anyone else played and was interested in making a guild. We need 4 to do that. <Only the Valiant> has a nice ring to it.

Yeah, come on people! What would be better than a Star Wars Valiant guild? :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group