D3

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
D3

Post by ian_house »

It's here!!! Anyone else there for midnight launch? After an hour of busy server (not bad for a launch night) I got in and started a Witch Doctor. Clocked an hour or so (got to lvl 7) and I'm pretty impressed. It's got a fair bit of a bashing during the beta stage but it still looks and feels like Diablo. Just can't wait to finish work and get home to go click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click!

Anyone else playing?

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys
Re: D3

Post by superman-prime »

no sleep for me for about 3 days

MrBigFeathas
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad/Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by MrBigFeathas »

I wish I could, I don't have a machine that can run it or enough money to buy one. I wish they'd bring it to consoles.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Up to level 14 now and think I'm in the finale of the 1st act. Still excellent fun, it has been very easy up to now but I'm sure thats just about to change. Glad I went with the Witch Doctor too, plenty of choices as to what skills I use and all seem perfectly viable for survival depending on how you play.

There are some heavy rumours about it coming to consoles, not sure how well it would translate personally and not really aimed at me.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I've got a 16 Demon hunter and I am loving it. Never having played Diablo it's pretty intense for me. Creepy! If anyone wants to chat in game you can realid me. Just whisper me here and I will get my email to you.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

PM sent.

I'll put my Battlenet ID in this thread after today's 12 hour shift (can't look it up in work). Not sure if I will be on at the right times to catch you guys though what with the great divide. Hopefully we can go smash demons the Valiant way.

My Witch Doctor is up to level 18 and well into the second act (nearly finished I think). Jumped into another persons game for the first time last night, awesome fun. Smashing huge crowds of monsters with someone else is even better. Also used the auction house for the first time, compared to an MMO it's insane, just thousands of pieces of armour/weapons etc. quite cool.

I've started to come across events and scenarios alot more in the second act and they really keep the game exciting.

How you finding the Demon Hunter R-Q-Bert? I was very tempted to choose that class, they look hella cool.
What toons you got SP?

Just wish I didn't have a full day of work today... NEED MORE DIABLO.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

ian_house wrote:PM sent.

I'll put my Battlenet ID in this thread after today's 12 hour shift (can't look it up in work). Not sure if I will be on at the right times to catch you guys though what with the great divide. Hopefully we can go smash demons the Valiant way.

My Witch Doctor is up to level 18 and well into the second act (nearly finished I think). Jumped into another persons game for the first time last night, awesome fun. Smashing huge crowds of monsters with someone else is even better. Also used the auction house for the first time, compared to an MMO it's insane, just thousands of pieces of armour/weapons etc. quite cool.

I've started to come across events and scenarios alot more in the second act and they really keep the game exciting.

How you finding the Demon Hunter R-Q-Bert? I was very tempted to choose that class, they look hella cool.
What toons you got SP?

So far I am enjoying the Demon Hunter. I come from WoW where my main was a hunter so it seemed like a logical jump. Although they really couldn't be more different from each other now that I've played a couple days. Still getting used to the whole game since I am new to the Diablo franchise. I gotta ask though how are you 18 and so far into act 2? I'm 20 and I just rescued what's her names mom? Died 4 times so far I think. I take time to explore the whole map of any given area. I've killed 10-11 rares now so that's been cool. I haven't been playing it nonstop because I don't want to burn out on it.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:PM sent.

What toons you got SP?

So far I am enjoying the Demon Hunter. I come from WoW where my main was a hunter so it seemed like a logical jump. Although they really couldn't be more different from each other now that I've played a couple days. Still getting used to the whole game since I am new to the Diablo franchise. I gotta ask though how are you 18 and so far into act 2? I'm 20 and I just rescued what's her names mom? Died 4 times so far I think. I take time to explore the whole map of any given area. I've killed 10-11 rares now so that's been cool. I haven't been playing it nonstop because I don't want to burn out on it.
I think I was a bit mistaken, still in act 2 and just hit 21 (didnt get much time last night). Iv not been 100% exploring each map though as I want some suprises when I play through again.

Doesnt look like we'll be able to play together though, as there are different servers for UK & US.

Just about getting myself to fully yellow gear now.
Nanites at work!

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Blood and Sand quest line in Act 2 for me. Just hit 23.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Fun game so far. Beat it on normal a couple days ago at 32-33. Can't remember. I'm playing it pretty slowly so still in act 1 at 36 on nightmare mode. Fun times. Never having played Diablo it seems pretty short. I get the difficulty levels will make it go slower but what is there really to do once you beat it on inferno. I'm not crazy enough to try hardcore, nor do I care about achievements.

I just hope it occupies my time for awhile. I stepped away from WoW recently so I need my fix. :P My ongoing effort to get my *SQUEE* away from the computer. Just started bike riding around town too.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

And now I am bored. I have no interest in pursuing through hell and inferno. It's the exact same game, just harder.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

I got this game last week and I can't even play it. May computer shuts down every time I try to launch it. :!: I think the GPU is overheating, but the cooling pad isn't working like it does for other games.

Anyways, now I'm installing it on my Mac, maybe it'll play on there... facepalm

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:And now I am bored. I have no interest in pursuing through hell and inferno. It's the exact same game, just harder.
shame. Im up to L45 and loving the challenge of Nightmare, nearing the end of act 3. Never feels like the same game to me thanks to the random dungeons and new enemies.

Witch Doctor is a very cool and Ive had to totally rebuild his skill set a few times when the difficulty ramps up, keeps him very fresh. Been running alot of it with a mate whos running a monk, a good duo and great fun.
Nanites at work!

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:And now I am bored. I have no interest in pursuing through hell and inferno. It's the exact same game, just harder.
shame. Im up to L45 and loving the challenge of Nightmare, nearing the end of act 3. Never feels like the same game to me thanks to the random dungeons and new enemies.

Witch Doctor is a very cool and Ive had to totally rebuild his skill set a few times when the difficulty ramps up, keeps him very fresh. Been running alot of it with a mate whos running a monk, a good duo and great fun.
53 Demon Hunter. The start of Hell. I solo everything with the occasional public game replaying a boss for the hell of it. Nightmare really wasn't a challenge but I kept myself as geared as I could as well as my follower. I imagine Hell and Inferno are a hell of a lot harder but it's ultimately the same game 4 times in a row, just with more deaths. It get's a little tedious.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:

53 Demon Hunter. The start of Hell. I solo everything with the occasional public game replaying a boss for the hell of it. Nightmare really wasn't a challenge but I kept myself as geared as I could as well as my follower. I imagine Hell and Inferno are a hell of a lot harder but it's ultimately the same game 4 times in a row, just with more deaths. It get's a little tedious.
I suppose so but thats the Diablo formula. Coming from WoW Im surprised as its the same concept, grinding for levels, then gear usually rerunning stuff again and again.
Nanites at work!

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:

I suppose so but thats the Diablo formula. Coming from WoW Im surprised as its the same concept, grinding for levels, then gear usually rerunning stuff again and again.
There is at least 30 other things to do on WoW at any given time. PvP for example which brings a whole new challenge. There are pets, mounts and other items to collect. Reputations to max out. Various professions. Old raids. Achievements. The list goes on and on. In WoW, yes you level but how you get to cap can be done in many ways in many different areas. There is no one set path.

Being new to Diablo, I did not know what to expect but good lord it's tedious. I explored a lot. I've got various achievements. I even took time to unlock the land of rainbows and unicorns (Whoever designed that was tripping balls on LSD). The one thing I did not expect was to be bored with it in 2 weeks. It would be a little more interesting to me if after you beat it on normal that they opened some side quests to do with the followers or something to do with Shen and that jewel he was always going on about. Go free the thieves brother somehow. Go avenge the enchantress sisters. Go find out more about the templars order. Find the gem for Shen and kick the guys *SQUEE* inside it.

I'm not the only one with complaints. The official forums are riddled with them. Hope the got an expansion planned or something real soon because even the most casual player could be done with inferno in a month, 2 at the most. And then what?

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:

There is at least 30 other things to do on WoW at any given time. PvP for example which brings a whole new challenge. There are pets, mounts and other items to collect. Reputations to max out. Various professions. Old raids. Achievements. The list goes on and on. In WoW, yes you level but how you get to cap can be done in many ways in many different areas. There is no one set path.

Being new to Diablo, I did not know what to expect but good lord it's tedious. I explored a lot. I've got various achievements. I even took time to unlock the land of rainbows and unicorns (Whoever designed that was tripping balls on LSD). The one thing I did not expect was to be bored with it in 2 weeks. It would be a little more interesting to me if after you beat it on normal that they opened some side quests to do with the followers or something to do with Shen and that jewel he was always going on about. Go free the thieves brother somehow. Go avenge the enchantress sisters. Go find out more about the templars order. Find the gem for Shen and kick the guys *SQUEE* inside it.

I'm not the only one with complaints. The official forums are riddled with them. Hope the got an expansion planned or something real soon because even the most casual player could be done with inferno in a month, 2 at the most. And then what?
more gear... more loot... more clicking... :cloud9: Sorry dude preaching to the converted.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:

more gear... more loot... more clicking... :cloud9: Sorry dude preaching to the converted.
Diablo - Get to 60, get gear, clear inferno, game over unless you like achievements.

WoW - Get to 85, get gear, clear Deathwing, tons of other stuff to do until new expansion, get to 90, get gear, etc.

More power to you but to me Diablo is repetitive as hell. Sad wast of my money. But kudos to you for liking it.

MrBigFeathas
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad/Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by MrBigFeathas »

There is always Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 coming.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote: shame. Im up to L45 and loving the challenge of Nightmare, nearing the end of act 3. Never feels like the same game to me thanks to the random dungeons and new enemies.

Diablo - Get to 60, get gear, clear inferno, game over unless you like achievements.

WoW - Get to 85, get gear, clear Deathwing, tons of other stuff to do until new expansion, get to 90, get gear, etc.

More power to you but to me Diablo is repetitive as hell. Sad wast of my money. But kudos to you for liking it.
Not every game has to take up your entire life. Your mostly moaning about the genre of a dungeon crawler and comparing it to a pay monthly MMO.
Nanites at work!

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote: 53 Demon Hunter. The start of Hell. I solo everything with the occasional public game replaying a boss for the hell of it. Nightmare really wasn't a challenge but I kept myself as geared as I could as well as my follower. I imagine Hell and Inferno are a hell of a lot harder but it's ultimately the same game 4 times in a row, just with more deaths. It get's a little tedious.

Not every game has to take up your entire life. Your mostly moaning about the genre of a dungeon crawler and comparing it to a pay monthly MMO.
No, but I expect more than 2 weeks worth of entertainment.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Sill massively addicted. L60 DH has hit a bit of a wall at the end of Act 1 inferno, hopefully the patch and some more gold will sort herout (the top top weapons are just too expensive). Finally started to like my Witch Doctor again now he has a legion of bears and he's catching back up, L55. I also just started a Barbarian and have imposed a no auction house rule on him who's up to L15. Good times