Good experience getting XO today

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!
Good experience getting XO today

Post by Rufusharley »

My heart goes out to those with stupid lcs near them. But i must tell about my experience at the one down the street from me. "Collectors Corner" in north Baltimore. The staff is fairly friendly and professional. they had all 4 books waiting for me and a stack of XO's to sell right there at a counter stand. The store's clean and they have a great online website, and online pullbox management system.

I actually talked my wife into coming with me to get the new books. (first time i ever brought a lady into a store to buy valiants;) ). It was so cool to see the new XO's right there at the checkout counter! The owner said he'd already had 3 people in today to buy an issue and he thinks more will come out this weekend. The store's been very optimistic about Valiant and they've made this venture back into buying monthlies easy for me. They even bagged and boarded them for me.

Can't believe Valiant's back!!! :clap:

Phantom..
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Location: The Royal Valiant Fans thank Dino and Svair for their kindness!
Re: Good experience getting XO today

Post by Phantom.. »

Glad you had a good experience.
Cannot believe almoust the opposite for me, lucky to get a copy.

So glad some people actually know how to run a business.

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

Congrats on finding a good LCS. I will keep looking for one around here :hope:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

My experience was good too. I walked up to the counter with my issue, said "I've been waiting 15 years for this" and he said "I remember you, you're that Valiant guy that was in here a few weeks ago asking about Quantum and Woody back issues."

At least someone's paying attention.

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

It's nice to know everyone is not a jerk :thumb:

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

I had a good experience too. The store I went with (I've got 6 or so to choose from :P ) is new and has a young, friendly staff. The guy who rang me up had already read XO and was pretty stoked about Valiant's return.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Blood of Heroes wrote:I had a good experience too. The store I went with (I've got 6 or so to choose from :P ) is new and has a young, friendly staff. The guy who rang me up had already read XO and was pretty stoked about Valiant's return.
I thought about you today, I'm glad you're experience was a great one :thumb:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stp1503
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by stp1503 »

My Lcs is fantastic. He had my X-O's and a Aja cover waiting for me. The owner is a class act and his shop is great!

NapoleonBlownapart
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: May 2012
Favorite character: Faith
Favorite title: Magnus, Robot Fighter (2010)

Post by NapoleonBlownapart »

Walked in, saw plenty of copies of XO #1 right in the X section. They even different spots in the rack for the two different covers. I can't remember if XO had a spot on the coveted counter stand, but just being surrounded by all those X-Men comics should give it plenty of exposure anyways. Alphabetical ordering :clap:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

NapoleonBlownapart wrote:Walked in, saw plenty of copies of XO #1 right in the X section. They even different spots in the rack for the two different covers. I can't remember if XO had a spot on the coveted counter stand, but just being surrounded by all those X-Men comics should give it plenty of exposure anyways. Alphabetical ordering :clap:
Welcome to the board.

Smiley
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by Smiley »

I had great experience also. I Want More Comics, Northglenn, CO. As soon as I walk in the store they immediately pull my comics. They had a copy of each cover. My aja cover was damaged. I read the reason in another thread. Hopefully they can get me another one.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Finally got to go to my LCS today! Let me first say that this is the only shop in the area, which is a suburb of Hartford! Which is a small city itself. So not a ton of traffic, but they always have a good selection of big 2 and indies.

I walk in and my eye goes right to the top shelf of the new releases. There, bagged and boarded already, is the Aja variant for $9.98! I was so psyched I completely glossed over the regular cover and pull box variant (I have those coming in the mail from DCBS) which were sitting right in the middle of the stand between all the DC and Marvel books.

I asked the guy there--nice guy who I have talked to before, doesn't seem to know much other than the mainstream books though--if they had the 1:50 variant. He said he wasn't sure if they got another variant or if it had sold already, but gave me the owners card and said to give him a call and ask. So he also wasn't sure how many books they ordered, but there were about a half dozen of each left on the shelf. There was also an empty space next to the Aja, so the QR may have sold already.

Next I went to buy a long box as I am in the process of moving my old collection out of my old bedroom closet at my parents house. As I walk over to the area they keep them, I see a box marked "Valient"...yes, with an "e". My eyes got big and the guy said they have had a lot of demand recently with the relaunch for the old issues so he moved them up front, but had another box in the back.

They had a ton of Acclaim XO, VH1 Turok and Bloodshot, almost every chapter of Unity and a handful of Pre-Unity books! I'd say over 150 issues, though some were repeats. Think i may have seen a gold Rai cover int here too if such a thing exists. All were cover price except for a few marked up issues. I didn't buy any yet because he said they are having a store wide sale on Saturday, so I am going back then to load up and pick up the FCBD issue while I am at it.

Cheers!

-Bugsy

Edit: if anyone has any requests, I would be happy to look and pick them up for you if they have it, just PM me.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:Think i may have seen a gold Rai cover int here too if such a thing exists.
Number 9. Number 9. Number 9....

Okay, no more Beatles references.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote:
BugsySig wrote:Think i may have seen a gold Rai cover int here too if such a thing exists.

Hahaha...going to my homework before I go back in there Saturday. Gonna be elbows deep in Valiant back issues!

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:
jmatt wrote:

Hahaha...going to my homework before I go back in there Saturday. Gonna be elbows deep in Valiant back issues!
It's the first issue of Rai and the Future Force.

Rufusharley

Post by Rufusharley »

BugsySig wrote:
jmatt wrote:

keep an eye out for newsstands, shadow man vol.3, last issues, mmmmm that's all i can think of at the moment. those things you can pick up for cheep cause usually the store owners don't know their worth.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Rufusharley wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
jmatt wrote:

keep an eye out for newsstands, shadow man vol.3, last issues, mmmmm that's all i can think of at the moment. those things you can pick up for cheep cause usually the store owners don't know their worth.
Personally I'm most interested in early Valiant (Unity, pre-Unity). I have a lot of the post-Unity #1s and #0s, as did most other 14 year olds at the time, but didnt follow-up much so I'd like to round out some of the early Bloodshot, EW and A&A I have too...but I'll take what I can get!