Board Top
| Main Website
Price Guide | Inventories
New Comics This Month

ValiantFans.com Message Board - Tenth Anniversary 2004 - 2014

An online community for fans of the Valiant Universe
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 178  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 am 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 379
Location: @Morris_Ross
betterthanezra wrote:
Ross2 wrote:
Any chance we can see the Bloodshot pic that VEI showed you at the Con?


That's NOT going to happen we weren't allowed to even look at it more than a few minutes.

It's pretty damn epic I will say.

-Brian

Understood. It was one of the things VEI brought to you w/out asking so I thought might want to give your listeners a treat, but I guess it's a tease.

Great podcast.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:57 am 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Ross2 wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:
Ross2 wrote:
Any chance we can see the Bloodshot pic that VEI showed you at the Con?


That's NOT going to happen we weren't allowed to even look at it more than a few minutes.

It's pretty damn epic I will say.

-Brian

Understood. It was one of the things VEI brought to you w/out asking so I thought might want to give your listeners a treat, but I guess it's a tease.

Great podcast.

I asked Dino if I could take a picture of the bloodshot image, and he said no, no way. I wanted to share :)

Dino's a smart, clever guy, and knew full well that we would think the image is awesome, that our reaction to the image would be awesome, and that you guys would hear our reaction, but not see the image. Another one of those "build anticipation" tricks of his ;)

I can describe it though, it was a picture of Bloodshot, with just an orange background. The interesting thing is how Bloodshot looked. He didn't look like the sleek commando that we're used to, he looked a lot more rough, it reminded me a lot of how the Punisher looks in a lot of the Punisher Max run. Trench coat, old pants and shirt, etc.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:19 am 
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 am
Posts: 22690
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
etos45 wrote:
Another great podcast! :thumb:

There was tons of interesting stuff being said and it's got me pretty excited to see what's up with Harbinger. On the topic of Bloodshot and the two artists, wasn't it pretty much said that the are doing two different timelines?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1220705p1.html
ign wrote:
You're working with two different artists on this – Arturo Lozzi and Manuel Garcia – each handling a different time period within the book.


Now, I realize that this was said in a question from IGN, but they said it as if it was fact and Swierczynski sure didn't correct him.

It's also awesome to hear that y'all are lining up other Valiant interviews. Really moving up in the world, aren't you? :)



To a deluxe apartment in the sky.


Top
  Online Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Elveen wrote:
etos45 wrote:
It's also awesome to hear that y'all are lining up other Valiant interviews. Really moving up in the world, aren't you? :)

To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Apparently this deluxe apartment is full of computers.

That I sit at all day.

And work. And work. And work.

(we've got some changes in the works for onlythevaliant.com, they should be pretty cool)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:28 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4104
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Dr. Solar wrote:
Elveen wrote:
etos45 wrote:
It's also awesome to hear that y'all are lining up other Valiant interviews. Really moving up in the world, aren't you? :)

To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Apparently this deluxe apartment is full of computers.

That I sit at all day.

And work. And work. And work.

(we've got some changes in the works for onlythevaliant.com, they should be pretty cool)


Speaking of changes, I meant to ask, have you ever considered doing an enhanced podcast with images? A few of the podcasts that I used to listen to did that and it really helped with some of the conversations. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I did hear that y'all were planning some changes, I'm pretty excited to see how the blogs work out. Oh, and I just noticed the new logo (I'm slow), very snazzy! :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm 
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 am
Posts: 22690
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
etos45 wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Elveen wrote:
etos45 wrote:
It's also awesome to hear that y'all are lining up other Valiant interviews. Really moving up in the world, aren't you? :)

To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Apparently this deluxe apartment is full of computers.

That I sit at all day.

And work. And work. And work.

(we've got some changes in the works for onlythevaliant.com, they should be pretty cool)


Speaking of changes, I meant to ask, have you ever considered doing an enhanced podcast with images? A few of the podcasts that I used to listen to did that and it really helped with some of the conversations. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I did hear that y'all were planning some changes, I'm pretty excited to see how the blogs work out. Oh, and I just noticed the new logo (I'm slow), very snazzy! :thumb:



Doc has been working hard to make improvements. I'm looking forward to creating the Magic Satchel.


Top
  Online Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
etos45 wrote:
Speaking of changes, I meant to ask, have you ever considered doing an enhanced podcast with images? A few of the podcasts that I used to listen to did that and it really helped with some of the conversations. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I have thought about this, and I think it would be cool, especially when we reference certain panels or covers when talking about the classic books.

It is a large amount of work, however, and I don't have the time to do that. Hopefully, your imaginations will do ;)

Quote:
I did hear that y'all were planning some changes, I'm pretty excited to see how the blogs work out. Oh, and I just noticed the new logo (I'm slow), very snazzy! :thumb:


Thank you!

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:12 pm 
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:55 pm
Posts: 11354
Location: Butt crack
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Classic Valiant Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart (duh)
Favorite artist: Tom Fowler
Nice job on the interview. You guys need to try and get Simons on. It's pretty obvious he is the main cog in the machine.

The idea of Rai being set in the past is a great idea. It would bite Immortal Iron Fist a bit, but I wouldn't mind that at all. I kind of envision Bloodshot / Rai as the IIF of the Valiant U anyway. That's worlds cooler than a mobster hit man.

_________________
Pull - Invincible. Saga. Sheltered. Walking Dead. Manifest Destiny. Southern *SQUEE*. Spider-man. X-O.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:45 pm 
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 am
Posts: 22690
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
400yrs wrote:
Nice job on the interview. You guys need to try and get Simons on. It's pretty obvious he is the main cog in the machine.

The idea of Rai being set in the past is a great idea. It would bite Immortal Iron Fist a bit, but I wouldn't mind that at all. I kind of envision Bloodshot / Rai as the IIF of the Valiant U anyway. That's worlds cooler than a mobster hit man.


Warren is a cool guy. I'm pretty sure he'll do an interview.


Top
  Online Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Elveen wrote:
400yrs wrote:
Nice job on the interview. You guys need to try and get Simons on. It's pretty obvious he is the main cog in the machine.

The idea of Rai being set in the past is a great idea. It would bite Immortal Iron Fist a bit, but I wouldn't mind that at all. I kind of envision Bloodshot / Rai as the IIF of the Valiant U anyway. That's worlds cooler than a mobster hit man.

Warren is a cool guy. I'm pretty sure he'll do an interview.

Warren is my pick for number 1 guy I'd like to sit down with and buy drinks for all night while talking about comics.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm 
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:18 am
Posts: 10882
Location: Scoot over, I have to get in behind you.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Dr. Solar wrote:
Elveen wrote:
400yrs wrote:
Nice job on the interview. You guys need to try and get Simons on. It's pretty obvious he is the main cog in the machine.

The idea of Rai being set in the past is a great idea. It would bite Immortal Iron Fist a bit, but I wouldn't mind that at all. I kind of envision Bloodshot / Rai as the IIF of the Valiant U anyway. That's worlds cooler than a mobster hit man.

Warren is a cool guy. I'm pretty sure he'll do an interview.

Warren is my pick for number 1 guy I'd like to sit down with and buy drinks for all night while talking about comics.


I would love to be there listening and asking questions.

-Brian

_________________
STUFF I'm selling on Ebay here

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Shadowsip-c ... QQ_armrsZ1

I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:51 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
For you gluttons for punishment, Bob Bretall invited me to the Comic Book Page podcast for a wrap up of Wondercon. It's available here, and is an overall look at Wondercon, not just a Valiant-centric view:

Wondercon Wrap Up @ Comic Book Page Podcast

I'll also be recording a Publisher's Spotlight on Valiant with Bob for the Comic Book Page.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:02 am 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
THIS IS IMPORTANT!

This might be abrupt to many of our fans.

After a lot of soul searching and discussion, well, I guess you should just read the explanation here:

Endings and Beginnings

Please make sure you check out our new project

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 am 
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2207
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
TWO THREADS??? You have to post this on TWO threads??? Thanks...thanks again, Sean.

Good luck to you and Chiclo...NOT!!!

:!:

_________________
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 am 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Jonesy,

I just don't think you understand how important Ultraverse is to us.

OTU Fo eva'!

Endings and Beginnings

Please make sure you check out our new project

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm 
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 am
Posts: 22690
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
You know how I feel.

:sumo:


Top
  Online Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:40 pm 
I'm Chiclo.
I'm Chiclo.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 18494
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
JonesyAZ wrote:
TWO THREADS??? You have to post this on TWO threads??? Thanks...thanks again, Sean.

Good luck to you and Chiclo...NOT!!!

:!:


The two of us built OTV up once, we can build OTU up again.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:23 pm 
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2207
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
Chiclo,

I'm sure you'll have no problems building a new fan-base with "Only The Ultraverse." But to have mislead the OTV fans, and mistreated the OTV co-hosts for SO long...it's a low blow, friend. Low Blow.

_________________
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 am
Posts: 22690
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
<---- still not eating. :mad:


Top
  Online Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 pm 
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:18 am
Posts: 10882
Location: Scoot over, I have to get in behind you.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Wait, Wait, What day is it?

:lol:

-Brian

_________________
STUFF I'm selling on Ebay here

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Shadowsip-c ... QQ_armrsZ1

I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:01 pm 
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:09 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: East of Chicago, West of New York
betterthanezra wrote:
Wait, Wait, What day is it?

:lol:

-Brian


Yep, and those fools are in full bloom, today.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:21 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4104
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
betterthanezra wrote:
Wait, Wait, What day is it?

:lol:

-Brian


It's Sunday. :lol:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:40 am
Posts: 2675
Location: Los Angeles
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS
SEAN / CHICLO OMG BBQ!

The very first episode of ONLY THE ULTRAVERSE!!!!

LOL.

Listening to it now.

LMAO!!!!

Best April 1st ever!!!!!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 pm 
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
Special Agent Inadvertent Spoiler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 am
Posts: 22690
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Loved the podcast we just recorded. VERY fun. :clap:


Top
  Online Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:32 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
After a lot of deliberation today, we may continue along with Only The Valiant.

It was probably pretty foolish to consider moving ahead with OTU.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 178  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beware Cyclops, Bing [Bot], doodlebird, hawkeyeps, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group