SW:TOR

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
Re: SW:TOR

Post by etos45 »

ian_house wrote:Confirmed as end of april
From what I've read, that's only for people in European and Pacific servers that want to transfer to the new Asia servers. Hopefully, I'm just not finding the right link though. I think I'm pretty happy with my new server, so I'd like to bring my Jedi over to play.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I've been playing mostly solo on a slowish server. Got a lvl20 Jedi Sentinel and a lvl 19 Bounty Hunter Power Armor character. Loving it so far!
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Phoenix8008 wrote:I've been playing mostly solo on a slowish server. Got a lvl20 Jedi Sentinel and a lvl 19 Bounty Hunter Power Armor character. Loving it so far!
It really is a great game. I just hate that I had to reroll just to get on a server that steps out of light from time to time. On my old server, I could literally be the only one in the world at any given time. They had a list of servers, tracking population sizes, and mine was second to last. I realize TOR can be solo'd for the most part, but to me it defeats the point of paying $15 a month to play. I gave a friend of mine one of those 7-day trials last week and we had an absolute blast playing. It's the only way to go, in my opinion.

Phoenix8008
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

etos45 wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:I've been playing mostly solo on a slowish server. Got a lvl20 Jedi Sentinel and a lvl 19 Bounty Hunter Power Armor character. Loving it so far!
It really is a great game. I just hate that I had to reroll just to get on a server that steps out of light from time to time. On my old server, I could literally be the only one in the world at any given time. They had a list of servers, tracking population sizes, and mine was second to last. I realize TOR can be solo'd for the most part, but to me it defeats the point of paying $15 a month to play. I gave a friend of mine one of those 7-day trials last week and we had an absolute blast playing. It's the only way to go, in my opinion.
I can see that. So far I'm still going on my initial 3 months of play time, so I haven't had to re-up yet and feel like 'I'm paying $15 a month for this'. Since I'm mostly soloing right now, I'm enjoying it enough just as a KOTOR 3 thing. I've got a few friends on the same server, and we will hopefully manage to hook up sometimes to tackle tougher stuff. Or I'll start a class I haven't played yet on a busier server someday. Or maybe they'll someday get the option to switch characters to a new server.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

etos45

Post by etos45 »

So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

etos45 wrote:So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.
I need to read what the logic is behind that and what exactly will be free and what they will inevitably be charging for. Interesting timing too. New world of warcraft expansion is set for september 25.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:So it looks like this game will be going free to play this fall. I'll definitely be back then.
I need to read what the logic is behind that and what exactly will be free and what they will inevitably be charging for. Interesting timing too. New world of warcraft expansion is set for september 25.
I think the logic is that the server populations are so low that it's causing people to drop out. The entire story mode 1-50 will be available as well as the majority of the game. It looks like they may limit the amount of characters you're allowed to have plus they limit the amount you can do certain things like operations and war zone. New content will also cost unless you subscribe. What makes me excited is that I can finally get some of my more casual player friends to play without it costing them anything. I don't think they care about the majority of the limitations. I'll probably pay the sub, though.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

etos45 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
I think the logic is that the server populations are so low that it's causing people to drop out. The entire story mode 1-50 will be available as well as the majority of the game. It looks like they may limit the amount of characters you're allowed to have plus they limit the amount you can do certain things like operations and war zone. New content will also cost unless you subscribe. What makes me excited is that I can finally get some of my more casual player friends to play without it costing them anything. I don't think they care about the majority of the limitations. I'll probably pay the sub, though.
I'm sure I will play for free but I can't imagine I will do to much on it. I bet they don't let the free users use the galactic trade market.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Im still subscribing but haven't logged in for more than 2 months. If it goes f2p il probably not be back. I hate balancing what I have to pay for and being able to only do content with friends that they also own. If I buy or subscribe to a game that's all I want. If I have to consider real money in game then I can't be stars. Games should be escapism.
Nanites at work!

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:I'm sure I will play for free but I can't imagine I will do to much on it. I bet they don't let the free users use the galactic trade market.
Is that the auction house? If so, free users get access, but it's limited to the number of transactions, I think. So far, F2P looks like a good deal to me. It's *SQUEE* off a lot of the long time subscribers (who claim they're all leaving), but all I'm thinking of is how many more players this will bring in. That game just isn't fun for me because there's never anybody on and if I move to a more populated server, it'll be dead too within two months.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

etos45 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:I'm sure I will play for free but I can't imagine I will do to much on it. I bet they don't let the free users use the galactic trade market.
Is that the auction house? If so, free users get access, but it's limited to the number of transactions, I think. So far, F2P looks like a good deal to me. It's *SQUEE* off a lot of the long time subscribers (who claim they're all leaving), but all I'm thinking of is how many more players this will bring in. That game just isn't fun for me because there's never anybody on and if I move to a more populated server, it'll be dead too within two months.
Yeah auction house. Interesting.

Well when it goes F2P send me a PM and I will join you on whatever server. I will tell you I'm likely to create a new Bounty Hunter though.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I created one of the trial accounts that go up to 15. Got to 15, can't queue for flashpoints! To high for BT and to low for anything else. :!:

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Put a little time on my account. Got reacquainted with my bounty hunter and still face melt stuff on him. I started up a sorcerer and am stuck on Dromund Kaas because a class quest is bugged. Annoying.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:Put a little time on my account. Got reacquainted with my bounty hunter and still face melt stuff on him. I started up a sorcerer and am stuck on Dromund Kaas because a class quest is bugged. Annoying.
I need to get back on there. I found the Collector's Edition on K-Mart's web site for $30 about a month ago, so I've got a card with a month's worth of gameplay on it, but I just can't seem to get back to the game.

I hate when there are glitches in a game that can stop your progress. I saw they just released a game patch 1.4, so maybe that was fixed?

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

etos45 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:Put a little time on my account. Got reacquainted with my bounty hunter and still face melt stuff on him. I started up a sorcerer and am stuck on Dromund Kaas because a class quest is bugged. Annoying.
I need to get back on there. I found the Collector's Edition on K-Mart's web site for $30 about a month ago, so I've got a card with a month's worth of gameplay on it, but I just can't seem to get back to the game.

I hate when there are glitches in a game that can stop your progress. I saw they just released a game patch 1.4, so maybe that was fixed?
1.4 is on the PTR. They have a maintenance tomorrow so we will see if it's fixed or not. If you're looking to completely start over on another realm, let me know. I'm on an RP realm but I managed to find a non-rp guild. I'm only on an RP realm because the friend I started with chose it.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:1.4 is on the PTR. They have a maintenance tomorrow so we will see if it's fixed or not. If you're looking to completely start over on another realm, let me know. I'm on an RP realm but I managed to find a non-rp guild. I'm only on an RP realm because the friend I started with chose it.
Alright, I'm back on! :thumb:

If you want to stay on the RP-PVE server, that's cool with me. Otherwise, I'm on Corellian Run and Jedi Covenant. I don't mind going Empire to change things up if that's where you like to roll, but I think I want to either do RP-PVE or Corellian Run (eventually I'm going to move my level 25 to Corellian Run when they offer paid transfers).

I will warn, though, apparently I've got a lot of relearning to do. I played a bit today and I am totally lost on what used to be my old setup. :!: That's why I hate taking breaks on games!

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Well etos and I made a couple imperials on Correllian Run. (spelled wrong I am sure) Just a thought if anyone else played and was interested in making a guild. We need 4 to do that. <Only the Valiant> has a nice ring to it.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:Well etos and I made a couple imperials on Correllian Run. (spelled wrong I am sure) Just a thought if anyone else played and was interested in making a guild. We need 4 to do that. <Only the Valiant> has a nice ring to it.
Yeah, come on people! What would be better than a Star Wars Valiant guild? :thumb: