What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Re: What video game are you currently playing?

Post by xodacia81 »

More retro-gaming. Played several hours of Secret of Mana, with a friend. She started a save and played it once, intending to pick it up again the next weekend. That was a month ago. We got to finish up the section we were on and blast through a huge swath of story. Now I'm going to do some level building-grinding, for you MMORPG people-and probably go back out there in a week or two and get further into it. There is just a charm and a unique, compelling quality in the classic SNES rpg's.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

I'm still addicted to Mario Kart of the wii. I know it MUCH different than the games you dudes are playing, but I really dig the Mario Kart.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Elveen wrote:I'm still addicted to Mario Kart of the wii. I know it MUCH different than the games you dudes are playing, but I really dig the Mario Kart.
Mario Kart-SNES, N64, Wii-is just PURE AWESOME. Made of Win and all that good stuff. The only racing series I have ever purchased a game from.

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

xodacia81 wrote:
Elveen wrote:I'm still addicted to Mario Kart of the wii. I know it MUCH different than the games you dudes are playing, but I really dig the Mario Kart.
Mario Kart-SNES, N64, Wii-is just PURE AWESOME. Made of Win and all that good stuff. The only racing series I have ever purchased a game from.
The only version I've ever played is for the wii. I can't see how a racing game can be more enjoyable.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Elveen wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
The only version I've ever played is for the wii. I can't see how a racing game can be more enjoyable.
It can't. It's one of the most entertaining vid games series, period, and has been since its arrival in 1992. That's nearly 20 years of excellence. You should download the other ones via the virtual console, if they are available. Damn good games. I will say that the battle modes in the SNES and N64 versions are far superior to the ones found on the Wii.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

Just finished Gears 3 and I guess the ending was okay. Since it was supposed to be the end of the series I was hoping for an ending a bit more epic, but it was still a good ending. I guess next will be trying to beat it on Insane... can't say that I'm looking forward to that.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

dawn of war 2 chaos rising.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

just got a super classic

crono trigger for super nintendo with BOX

im ganna be a playing a classic

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

superman-prime wrote:just got a super classic

How much they hit you up for that bad boy?

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Picked up Just Dance 3 for the Kinect....

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Drift wrote:
superman-prime wrote:just got a super classic

How much they hit you up for that bad boy?
For real! I still have my box and the instruction manual. I bought it when it came out. I paid 75$ back in 1995 when it arrived on shelves. I can't imagine the prices for used or unopened ones now.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

its up in the deals thread super deal for sure

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Been playing the 'Dead Money' DLC for FNV. Didn't care for it at first, since the game takes on more of a survival/horror feel, than the traditional Fallout gameplay we've come to know. I did come to appreciate it more by the middle of the game though.

You start out stripped of all of all weapons and ammo and basically start from scratch. You have to scrounge every nook and cranny for something to protect yourself. You also really need a decent level of melee or unarmed for this one as ammo is very scarce for the first half of the game. If not, be prepared to die over and over till you find a decent supply. The story is well told and as always, the decisions you make on the way decide what kind of ending you will get. The companions you get this time around have very interesting back stories and was another nice aspect to the game. It was very well thought out and rivals the best parts of the main Fallout story.

Can't say as I recommend this DLC for everyone, but if you have a lot of patience and like the survival/horror genre games, then you will probably enjoy it. Oh, more thing, do yourself a favor and at least get the "light step perk" before undertaking this one.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Just finished the second New Vegas DLC, Honest Hearts. This one is open ended like the main game and they did a very nice job with the mountain scenery and landscape. Gameplay is pretty much in line with rest of New Vegas. You can bring all of your guns and ammo from the main quest, except you can only go in with a certain amount of weight. Once you start the DLC though you can go back to your regular inventory amount. Fast travel is also allowed and there are plenty of areas to explore in addition to the main quest.

The setting reminds me somewhat of the "Lost Land" minus the Dinosaurs. Your mission is to help a tribe of "Lost Landers" fight off (or runaway) from enemy invaders bent on destroying them. You are called upon for help by a former Legate of Caesar who was tarred and set fire years before (at Caesar's request) after losing a critical battle.

Nice game, but not exceptional by any means. You get some new weapons and a few bonus perks, so it makes the purchase a little easier to justify. 3 or 4 hours if you stick to the main campaign, but you could easily spend a couple of days searching all of the locations for everything.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

MW3 today

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

ian_house wrote:The Witcher 2 seems pretty awesome from what I've played. It's a massive and beautiful solo action RPG. think Zelda for adults. Although if you don't like swearing or nudity Id give it a miss.

What I like most is the fact that there is no good and bad, everyone is morally ambiguous and no decision is right or wrong.

I believe it's based on some pretty highly regarded fantasy novels, but know nothing of this myself.
I still haven't played my copy of the first Witcher game. :(

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Jay Tomio wrote:process of downloading Star Wars: Old Republic client
Damn you! :lol:

I'm on the beta waiting list but didn't get chosen, although a mate did. He's put in ALOT of time over the weekend and has some good things to say about it.
Nanites at work!

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Started playing Skyrim over the weekend. It's pretty stunning in scope and appearance! I've got myself involved with a merry band of werewolves and shiz is about to get real!

I wasn't a fan of Oblivion but love Fallout 3. They've melded all the best bits from Fallout plus an overhaul of all the menus which was much needed (although they look eerily similar to the Witcher 2!)

Absolutely love the way you are dropped into the world with no decisions needing to be made regarding play style/class. Total freedom.

And there be dragons!!!
Nanites at work!

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

I will be playing Skyward Sword this weekend when it comes out! I absolutely can't wait. IGN gave it a 10! Did I mention that I can't wait for this to be in my possession!!!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Finished up the last two DLC installments for FNV. Old World Blues is super fun and they could have built an entire game around this part alone. The dialogue is clever and funny while keeping the main story interesting. Gameplay is pretty standard, except the villains are a little tougher. Nice bonuses like adding a couple of perks towards the end of the game and your character receives a few upgrades. Highly recommend this one.

The fourth and final installment is Lonesome Road. Sadly, this one is a lacking in imagination and the linear layout hurts the overall experience. Some parts are in the open, but mostly this becomes a corridor shooter. The story does a fairly decent job of filling in the gaps about the background of the main character you play as (the courier). The lack of any cinematics though really hurt the overall impact the story needed, especially at the end. This could have been a much better add on if they would have put a little more effort into it. Wait for a price reduction on this one before buying.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Finished up the last two DLC installments for FNV. Old World Blues is super fun and they could have built an entire game around this part alone. The dialogue is clever and funny while keeping the main story interesting. Gameplay is pretty standard, except the villains are a little tougher. Nice bonuses like adding a couple of perks towards the end of the game and your character receives a few upgrades. Highly recommend this one.

The fourth and final installment is Lonesome Road. Sadly, this one is a lacking in imagination and the linear layout hurts the overall experience. Some parts are in the open, but mostly this becomes a corridor shooter. The story does a fairly decent job of filling in the gaps about the background of the main character you play as (the courier). The lack of any cinematics though really hurt the overall impact the story needed, especially at the end. This could have been a much better add on if they would have put a little more effort into it. Wait for a price reduction on this one before buying.
You onto Skyrim next? Or just like the Fallout games? The new engine they've used in Skyrim is a great improvement.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:Finished up the last two DLC installments for FNV. Old World Blues is super fun and they could have built an entire game around this part alone. The dialogue is clever and funny while keeping the main story interesting. Gameplay is pretty standard, except the villains are a little tougher. Nice bonuses like adding a couple of perks towards the end of the game and your character receives a few upgrades. Highly recommend this one.

You onto Skyrim next? Or just like the Fallout games? The new engine they've used in Skyrim is a great improvement.
I'll probably pick up Oblivion first and see how I like it. Just started RE5 right now, it's been on my play list for quite some time.

Drift

Post by Drift »

Playing Starfox 64 3D, Street Fighter IV 3D and Ridge Racer 3D on my 3DS at the mo. I am crap atthe new SF IV, loving Ridge and looking like a fool playing SF64 with the gyro control system. All win!

betterthanezra
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

I'm deep into Assassin's Creed Revelations but rented Skyrim to see what the hype is about...

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;