Avengers: X-Sanction - Marvel's Flashpoint?

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it
Avengers: X-Sanction - Marvel's Flashpoint?

Post by BruceReville »

The series will feature the return of Cable, as he takes on the Avengers. The main thing to know about Cable is that he is motivated to protect his daughter by any means necessary. Marvel also revealed that Avengers: X-Sanction will help to set the stage for what is coming all throughout 2012. Marvel Senior VP of Publishing Tom Brevoort pointed out that it’s not a coincidence that Fear Itself, Schism, and other big stories end at the same time

Not to say Marvel is going to reboot their entire universe, but a Mini-Series that comes at the end of other events to set-up a big event universe wide. I mean that is what Flashpoint did for DC. Though I would highly doubt if Marvel would ever go to THAT extreme.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2011/09/14/ma ... -avengers/

Popular comics creators and regular collaborators Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness (Hulk, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) confirmed this week the coming of Avengers: X-Sanction, which sees time-displaced X-Man Cable take on Captain America and the Avengers. Previously identified as "Cable Reborn," the project will take the form of a four-issue miniseries that begins in December. Naturally, Avengers: X-Sanction is meant to be its own self-contained story, but as Loeb and his collaborators discussed in a Marvel.com liveblog earlier this week, the book builds upon events of the past and also ties-in to those of the future.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/09/1 ... cguinness/

:hm:
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin
Re: Avengers: X-Sanction - Marvel's Flashpoint?

Post by Cyberstrike »

Oh goody.

Loeb who hasn't written half-way decent book since Superman/Batman #26 is writing an event about Cable, a time traveling mutant, a character that I have never cared for, taking on Captian America and the Avengers in what seems like a rip-off of Flashpoint which was a bad idea to begin with.

If Marvel was smart they would wait and see if the so-called "new" DCU is going to be around in a year or so, before doing a rip-off of it.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Oh no another Loeb thread.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Sheesh, my first thought was OMFG !!! Loeb to ruin another title/line of books, as if the Ultimate line wasnt enough and making decisions about Marvel Movies, they want him to dig a ditch big enough for the MU, well done marvel you are top class *SQUEE* :/
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

This sounds so uninteresting.

It seems like a big worthless event that builds upon the last couple big worthless events, which will lead into the next big worthless event.

DC gets my money, Marvel doesn't.

OmenSpirits.com

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

Have we realized the comics has become more about the property and the money to be made than the actual worth of telling a story and providing good graphic storytelling?

"What money can we make from a pointless event?"

not

"What money can we make by writing GOOD stories with a point with the characters we have?"

:censored:

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls

Post by Todd Luck »

Cyberstrike wrote:Oh goody.

Loeb who hasn't written half-way decent book since Superman/Batman #26 is writing an event about Cable, a time traveling mutant, a character that I have never cared for, taking on Captian America and the Avengers in what seems like a rip-off of Flashpoint which was a bad idea to begin with.

How is Cable fighting the Avengers a rip off of Flashpoint (which seemed to be DC's House of M)?

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Todd Luck wrote:

How is Cable fighting the Avengers a rip off of Flashpoint (which seemed to be DC's House of M)?
It sounds like Marvel is going to use it restart the Marvel Universe.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

Cyberstrike wrote:
Todd Luck wrote:

There's actually zero indication of that. It just says Cable fights the Avengers and that it'll have ramifactions outside the miniseries, which is pretty much a typical Marvel comic (the same thing was said about DoomWar, Vengence, Seige, House of M, Death of Dracula, Avengers/Invaders, etc, etc)

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Todd Luck wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
Todd Luck wrote:

There's actually zero indication of that. It just says Cable fights the Avengers and that it'll have ramifactions outside the miniseries, which is pretty much a typical Marvel comic (the same thing was said about DoomWar, Vengence, Seige, House of M, Death of Dracula, Avengers/Invaders, etc, etc)
BruceReville wrote:Marvel also revealed that Avengers: X-Sanction will help to set the stage for what is coming all throughout 2012. Marvel Senior VP of Publishing Tom Brevoort pointed out that it’s not a coincidence that Fear Itself, Schism, and other big stories end at the same time
I think it's a safe bet that a reboot of the Marvel Universe is coming, and IMHO Marvel is long over due for a Crisis on Infinte Earths house cleaning event.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

ya its a mess beyond dc 80s

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!

Post by Lightning Strike »

Story sounds cool, but I'm not thrilled that Loeb is writing it. Loeb is one of the nicest creators I've ever met, but I haven't enjoyed any of his writing since Batman, the Long Halloween stories.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Preview - Also it seems that marvel is doing for X-Sanction what IDW did for Godzilla - your store on the comic cover.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=34810

http://marvel.com/news/story/16822/aven ... r_variants
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.