Project Superpowers Card sets

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Project Superpowers Card sets

Post by Knightt »

Anybody buying these ? I loved the books and am stoked that the cards are now on the streets. The sketch cards are WAY cheap but I KEEP getting missing sketch cards by a guy named Gabe Farber. I do my typical minimal bid with plans to go back in at the last minute and snipe the hell out of it... well I have lost TWO beautiful sketch cards by Farber and each went for under $5.00 !!! I can't believe I miss timed them to miss out on something that has been going for so cheap and looks so good.

I was wondering if anyone else is getting these or was able to pick up any of the cards (which I totally missed) that were given out at SDCC and other Cons across the states and in the UK ?

Even if Dynamite Comics can't make 'new' characters, they sure are making the old ones (from WWII) look pretty damn good and with their recent jaunt with all of the Jack Kirby characters, it is just a really nice time to be getting some new comics. The new books are "Kirby: Genesis" and are a very nice read. These along with the new card sets from Project Superpowers knocks Dynamite Comics up a couple of notches in my book.

Anyone else ?

ps. I am REALLY looking for many of the Project Superpowers 1 and 2 series variant covers if anyone is not wanting theirs anymore. I am open to negotiating prices for variant covers (LOVE those negative covers) and some of the new chase cards.

But bottom line, I am really excited about these two lines coming out of Dynamite. I am not a huge fan of Alex Ross but I AM a huge fan of his art. While at SDCC, I noticed his 'boys' had some of his prelim work on numerous books and they were selling for $800+ for scribbled art to $1,500+++ for very detailed pieces. But, it was still just prelim work. Wow, does it look great but those prices were shocking.

Shadow_Contact
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Re: Project Superpowers Card sets

Post by Shadow_Contact »

Totally agree, Its great to see more or less forgotten characters treated so well

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I picked up a set a couple of weeks ago. Pretty sweet. I have a few chase sets but no sketch cards.

At San Diego, they were selling the printing plates for the individual cards too. I have a couple of those. They are cool.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Damn, I didn't know that there were printing plates... I've gotten sketch card(s), hand painted promo cards, if you are careful enough you can snag some pretty sweet cards. But, printing plates ? VERY nice, Chiclo.