Games your looking forward to!

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
Games your looking forward to!

Post by ian_house »

Over the last year or two I've REALLY got back into my gaming, to the point where I am now going to drop a big chunk of cashitos on getting a gaming PC. Whilst looking for this I've been looking at the plethora of games that are coming out over the next year and got pretty excited about quite a few of them!

So folks what games are you looking forward to... and why?

Heres my list:

Xbox 360:

LA Noire - This looks to me to be a mixture of GTA and Broken Sword with some of the best graphics and acting I've ever seen. Not sure if anyone caught the spotlight video on Xbox live a few weeks back but they took a look at motion capture and some gameplay and it was just stunning.

Batman: Arkham City - The sequel to the amazing Arkham Asylum, can't miss this!

PC:

Shogun Total War 2 - I've not played any of these since Rome and the first Medieval. A newer, bigger, shinier version seems right up my street

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Depending on how well DC Online goes down with me I'm quite temtped by this gem. The 2 offline old Republic RPGs were ace.

Diablo 3 - Will be awesome...

WarAngel
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Re: Games your looking forward to!

Post by WarAngel »

ian_house wrote:So folks what games are you looking forward to... and why?
A complete Battle Chest of StarCraft II. Not the one game at a time bull Image

Other than that I have almost no idea what's coming out. I am however looking forward to catching up with the GTA, Half Life, C&C,
and Dawn of War 1 series using Steam. :thumb:
ian_house wrote:Diablo 3 - Will be awesome...
Hellz yeah I'm looking for to this and yes it will. Because the Lord of Terror demands it to be so. :twisted:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Can't wait for Bioshock 3 and the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The previews for both look amazing.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Can't wait for Bioshock 3 and the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The previews for both look amazing.
I've not seen anything about either of those! And sadly don't have my wii anymore so won't even get to play Zelda :o

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Dragon Age II Xbox 360 and PS3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Xbox 360 and PS3
Batman: Arkham City Xbox 360 and PS3
Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 and PS3

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:Can't wait for Bioshock 3 and the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The previews for both look amazing.
I've not seen anything about either of those! And sadly don't have my wii anymore so won't even get to play Zelda :o
Better pick up another one.....

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

Same here...can't wait for Zelda Skyward Sword!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

caniac wrote:Same here...can't wait for Zelda Skyward Sword!
It's very cool to see that they've modified some of Link's weapons. Looks like this is going to be a very fun game.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I've been holding back on buying any new games for a while but I may not be able to resist the temptation when the following come out:

Xbox 360
Homefront
Deus Ex
Mass Effect 3 (not question of buying this one hot off the shelf)
Batman: Arkham City
Captain America (PLEASE don't let it suck)
Dead Island

PS3
Infamous 2
Resistance 3

More will come to mind, I am sure but at 0510 hrs, I don't even know why I am up. LOL :lol:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Knightt wrote: Captain America (PLEASE don't let it suck)
Surely it's competing with Arkham Asylum/City so hopefully if they've tried to match it then it should be worth a crack and some of the footage has looked good.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Going to add Star Wars: The Old Republic to my list. Just seen some trailers and gameplay footage and it looks super sweet. With this and the films being rereleased I might get back into the Star Wars mythos. Been meaning to pick up some of the Dark Horse comics for ages.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:Going to add Star Wars: The Old Republic to my list. Just seen some trailers and gameplay footage and it looks super sweet. With this and the films being rereleased I might get back into the Star Wars mythos. Been meaning to pick up some of the Dark Horse comics for ages.
Looks like a great game. I wish they would develop something like it for the 360.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
ian_house wrote:Going to add Star Wars: The Old Republic to my list. Just seen some trailers and gameplay footage and it looks super sweet. With this and the films being rereleased I might get back into the Star Wars mythos. Been meaning to pick up some of the Dark Horse comics for ages.
Looks like a great game. I wish they would develop something like it for the 360.
Seems the consoles can't really handle MMO's. It's a shame because it would have saved me buying a new PC.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Seems the consoles can't really handle MMO's. It's a shame because it would have saved me buying a new PC.
Never been a fan of using my comp as a game machine, so I'll have to sit this one out I guess.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

A few weeks ago I saw this slow-motion, reverse video of Dark Island that was AMAZING! I could definitely see getting that one.

Since I =love= the zombie genre in both gaming and movies, I saw that Resident Evil 4 is going to be released in high-definition splendor on both the 360 and the PS3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/24/resid ... downloads/

RE4 is probably one of my most-fav games of all time. Have easily played through it 25 times on various difficulty settings. I just love it. To be able to play it on my RE5-branded 360 in high def is a dream come true. :)

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

david_albuq wrote:Since I =love= the zombie genre in both gaming and movies, I saw that Resident Evil 4 is going to be released in high-definition splendor on both the 360 and the PS3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/24/resid ... downloads/

RE4 is probably one of my most-fav games of all time. Have easily played through it 25 times on various difficulty settings. I just love it. To be able to play it on my RE5-branded 360 in high def is a dream come true. :)
Is that Resident Evil 4 or Code Veronica? Can't get to the link in work blocked. I loved RE4 but wouldn't buy it again. Code Veronica on the other hand was a long time ago and I can see myself giving that another whir if it was released.

Did you enjoy RE5? I wasn't very impressed, seemed like a rehash of 4 and the co-op stuff didnt work very well.

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

Ian,

Yes it's going to be two RE games. Code Veronica and RE4. They're both going to be redone in high-definition. Yea, buddy.

I enjoyed RE5. Not as much as RE4, but I found it enjoyable. I played through it probably 10x.

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

Resident Evil - 15th Anniversary Trailer

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="266" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple/426a473e/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple/426a473e/" width="437" height="266" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

(on a side note, this is my first embedded video on VF.) :thumb:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Man, hard to believe it's been 15 years since the first game.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Supplying fear for more than half of my life! Looking awesome! Weskers voice at the end was sweet.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:Supplying fear for more than half of my life! Looking awesome! Weskers voice at the end was sweet.
What is amazing is the fact that the graphics from the original still don't look that dated when compared to new stuff. The gameplay however...ugh. I bought the revamped edition for the GC a few years back and stopped playing it after a few levels because I forgot how frustrating it was to control the character. To move forward seemed inverted and then when you would enter a room, it would change back to normal and you would be running backwards.

Glad they got things ironed out with the sequels.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
ian_house wrote:Supplying fear for more than half of my life! Looking awesome! Weskers voice at the end was sweet.
What is amazing is the fact that the graphics from the original still don't look that dated when compared to new stuff. The gameplay however...ugh. I bought the revamped edition for the GC a few years back and stopped playing it after a few levels because I forgot how frustrating it was to control the character. To move forward seemed inverted and then when you would enter a room, it would change back to normal and you would be running backwards.

Glad they got things ironed out with the sequels.
Never really bothered me. I think it was because it was one of the first adult games I grew up with and just got used to it. I played the remake on the DS and Gamecube and had a great laugh. The GC remakes were awesome. The opening door was really silly, but also made it even scarier as you had to wait for the silly cut scene of the door creaking open before confronting whatever horrors were inside.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

ds3d Mario cart :thumb:

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

Daniel, I found the same things to be true. Played RE4 forwards and backwards. My first RE game. So I thought, "Let me check out these other revamped RE games for the GameCube."

Ugh, they were horrible. Could NOT control the character. Got frustrated and gave up. Ended up giving both games to my friend's son.

Look forward to playing both these new RE titles on the 360.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

david_albuq wrote:
Daniel, I found the same things to be true. Played RE4 forwards and backwards. My first RE game. So I thought, "Let me check out these other revamped RE games for the GameCube."

Ugh, they were horrible. Could NOT control the character. Got frustrated and gave up. Ended up giving both games to my friend's son.
What compounds it is the fact that you can't walk very far without it switching back and forth. You would just start to get the hang of which way to move and then it would load up another area and reverse. I was constantly getting killed in places that should not have been very difficult.