What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

david_albuq wrote:Batman - Arkham Asylum. Thank you Chris for sending me a copy. :thumb:

Got through it. Found all the riddler question marks, sliced all the fake teeth, and found all the tombstone thingies. Thought I had a near 100% on the game. Not. Apparently you have to do a whole bunch of challenges, too.

It's a fun game. Would recommend it.
I am VERY glad that you enjoyed it, David. You got through it pretty quick.

After I sent my copy to you, I purchased the Game of the Year edition, thin,ing I could continue on. Think again, Bat Friends. I had to start over from the begining AND there seems to be a whole slew of new achievements to go with it swell. I don't know if I should be glad or sad. Lol

:lol:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I picked up Metro 2033 on the CHEAP this weekend. This is a real sleeper hit if you ask me? The apocalypse style story in this did an ok job luring me into buying it but after I started playing it, a supernatural storyline unfolded whiz now has me wanting to play it MORE so that I can flesh the story out.

Very surprised at how good this game is. Yes it could use some spit and polish but the atmosphere and great story more than make up for any shortcomings. This game came out of a small shop in Czechoslovakia which gives A LOT of credibility to the Russian based story.

This one is definatly a sleeper hit.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Chris,
Are you going to be getting the new Batman when it comes out or is that pretty much a given. :P

There were a bunch of achievements to be had in Asylum. It finally pushed me over the 3000 point mark.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Batman: Arkham City = GIVEN !!!

:thumb:

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

Nice! :lol:

I've seen some screenshots of the new Batman game and it looks BEAST!

Working my way through Arkaham Asylum on the normal setting now. Am getting real good at those combo moves and still -love- those death blows, ending sequences to each beat down.

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Finished Yakuza 2 earlier. The ending was sweet!

I need to find me a cheap deal on a PS3 at some point so I can get 3 & 4.

Yeah it was that good.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Hit level 30 in the DCUO so now getting into the team based side of things until I have some bling gear!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I pulled out the first Dead Space last night after messing around with the Dead Space 2 demo on the Xbox 360. It sold me on it so I started playing Dead Space and where I had been stuck for months, ended up being very easy to get through. The puzzles are a bit of a 'thinker' but nothing terrible. NOT that the solutions make any sense but you do have to suspend belief as I AM in a pressurized metal can in outer space being hunted by necromorphs !!! haha

Shortly after, I bid on and won a new, sealed Dead Space 2 game for the 360. At $28.00, I couldn't pass it up. Being sealed, I will be getting the 'online pass' and the 'Ser Issac of Clarke Armor Set' to be used in Dragon Age 2.

I am contemplating on whether or not to finish up my copy of the first Dragon Age or dive into Dragon Age 2 as the game looks a lot better and the combat 'feels' more satisfying. That and I don't know if I can get through the 50 hour campaign of Dragon Age. Dragon Age 2 is a 30 hour campaign !!! Now that is bang for your buck (and I am not talking about this hooker I knew in Germany either).

The fist Dragon Age just did not 'get it' for me. The demo for DA2 feels A LOT better, LOOKS better but I do not like the idea of being around a city for most of the story. DA is all over the place, like right now I am in the DLC story "Dragon Age: Origins – Warden's Keep" and it is pretty snazzy but I had to travel overland to get there.

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

I got Dead Space when I bought my 360. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try it again.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

david_albuq wrote:I got Dead Space when I bought my 360. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try it again.
I bought it when it came out as well but now it seems much easier for some reason. It is like that with many of the old games that I am dusting off. I would take them to GameStop and trade them in but at this point they hardly give you anything for them and I can't trade a pretty nice game in for pennies on the dollar when I can just hack it out and play the damn thing.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

just finished darksiders, it is a very cool game but can't see myself playing through again. Just got wwe all-stars today, so far pretty cool
Last edited by robb77 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:57:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I am dabbling in Darksiders as well. Not a good game for replay IMO also but I will make it a point to finish this someday soon. Mark Hamil's voice as the 'trader' or whatever he is, was a very jazzed up portion of the game for me with that deep raspy, "oh, you like that do you ?"

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I had a GREAT time last night dabbling back into Dragon Age: Origins... I mean, I usually end up with one party member alive at the end of a rough encounter but it is getting better. LOL

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

Chris,

I hear Dragon Age: Origins is fun. Would you consider it a role-playing game that has action elements? Is it kinda like Diablo? Have never been a fan of those sorts of games myself.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

david_albuq wrote:Chris,

I hear Dragon Age: Origins is fun. Would you consider it a role-playing game that has action elements? Is it kinda like Diablo? Have never been a fan of those sorts of games myself.
Yes, I would say it is a HEAVY RPG game that has action in it but truth be told during the battles, you can sit back and manage from the pause menu. I do not even know why they have a button to swing the sword.

David_Cody

Post by David_Cody »

:lol: :D :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Finally got around to playing Mass Effect and I have to say it's quite an immersing game. The story is very compelling and well written, plus the voice work is excellent. Minor complaint with the weak weaponry and combat, but it doesn't detract from the game most of the time though. There are occasions where it gets pretty frustrating (at least in the first half of the game). Also, not sure why they even bother including grenades in the inventory when they have as much effect as a small firecracker....

Other than that, this game rocks.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

All those things are fixed when you get to Mass Effect 2.

Enjoy DJ !!!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Knightt wrote:All those things are fixed when you get to Mass Effect 2.

Enjoy DJ !!!
I will, easy to see why ME 1 is so critically acclaimed.

I have ME 2 loaded on my 360 HD just waiting for me to finish up this one (picked it up at Wally for 18 bucks).

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

I'm having way too much fun playing Dragon Age II on my PS3 and Xbox 360.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Tiger Woods on the PS3, Crysis 2 on the 360. Both are great games.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

depluto wrote:Tiger Woods on the PS3, Crysis 2 on the 360. Both are great games.
The trailers for Crysis 2 look pretty cool.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I finished Dead Space yesterday on a much needed break from work.

The game was by far the most fun I have had on a game in a long time. Lots of scares but the story, with it's twists and 'attempts' at panic moments (haha) was a pleasure to play and finally finish.

I was pressed to plow through it as Dead Space 2 arrived in the mail (could not pass it up at new/sealed for $28).

Dead Space 2 will begin tonight... hopefully.

The game is twice as large and even better looking, like THAT was possible... but it is. I had a very hard time with the first game and the puzzles were kicking my butt along with the strategic shooting (i.e. shoot off the limbs instead of center mass or head shots). But I guess, once I got past the snag or three, the game leveled out and played out a very good story.

As I think games should do... play out a challenging story.

Dead Space 2, here I come.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Finished up Mass Effect 1 last night. The intensity, emotion and action all added up to an epic tale that could easily be turned into a feature film (or TV series). The Mass Effect universe is worthy to be alongside of the greats like Star Trek, Star Wars or Stargate.

Not sure what the story will include for the next part, but I think they missed an opportunity with the Rachni. It would have been really cool to have a legion of Rachni show up at the final battle in response to Sheppard's act of kindness earlier in the game (could have been the moment that tipped the scales). Maybe they are saving something like that for the future, but it would have been a fitting place to have done it.

Moving on the ME2 now.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

You are in for a real treat.

The DLC for ME2 is well worth the money and the last DLC installment was delivered to us just this week (or was it last week?).

I was given Crysis 2 today... So far very good, beautiful graphics but while the story is good, being set in New York it makes it a VERY busy landscape. The ratings for this game are high... As are my expectations.

More on this the further I go... As well as Homefront and Dead Space 2, this weekend.