What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ian_house wrote:Score. I'm only just getting to the point where I feel comfortable facing off against super mutants and the like. Got my repair up to a reasonable enough level to keep my equipment good and shortly ago found a massive enough stash of ammo to last me a while. The ammo shortages are difficult to deal with!

I'd forgot about the add-ons for this one, will check them out. I'm on my way to Vault 112 looking for Daddy again... dude has got some serious Daddy issues.
Odd. I would not have guessed you to be someone who would own a firearm, much less stockpile ammunition.

Pile it cheap and deep. :thumb:

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Chiclo wrote:
ian_house wrote:Score. I'm only just getting to the point where I feel comfortable facing off against super mutants and the like. Got my repair up to a reasonable enough level to keep my equipment good and shortly ago found a massive enough stash of ammo to last me a while. The ammo shortages are difficult to deal with!

I'd forgot about the add-ons for this one, will check them out. I'm on my way to Vault 112 looking for Daddy again... dude has got some serious Daddy issues.
Odd. I would not have guessed you to be someone who would own a firearm, much less stockpile ammunition.

Pile it cheap and deep. :thumb:
:lol:

When it comes to digital firearms I'm a horder. You never know what you're going to come up against!

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
ian_house wrote:Being playing Fallout 3. Didn't realise how little of this game I'd played until I went back to it. Absolutely ace game, getting me real tempted to get New Vegas when I finish this.
Same here.

I've maxed out my hp for leveling up on Fallout 3 (on 20) and I'm only a little over halfway done with everything. I purchased the Broken Steel add-on and one of the nice perks is it gives you 10 more level ups (and you can use them while still playing the main game).
Score. I'm only just getting to the point where I feel comfortable facing off against super mutants and the like. Got my repair up to a reasonable enough level to keep my equipment good and shortly ago found a massive enough stash of ammo to last me a while. The ammo shortages are difficult to deal with!

The Broken Steel add on is the only one that lets you continue to level up past 20, so keep that in mind.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

X-Men Arcade from the PSN. We need to get 6 valiant guys together to play a game filled with X-Men carnage.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I started on Prototype again this weekend. If I focus on the story it goes by much quicker for me and I find it a very good story at that.

I really hope to get a good day of playing in tomorrow with this game as well as Kane & Lynch, and Mass Effect 2.

I even hauled out Ninja Blade (remembered why I didn't like it lol) as well as the first Dragon Age. DA seemed a lot better this time around but I don't think that I have the 45 more hous to pu into it... At least you get your money's worth on this game. :thumb:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

I'm gaming old school.

Diablo 2 and Medieval Total War 2 have been installed on my laptop, getting me excited for the PC that should arrive this week!

Classics.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

There is a Diablo-esq style game on Xbox Live called Torchlight. I played the demo for a couple of HOURS last night. It has loot galore, random level generation and a nice interface with the 360 controller. A bit pricy at 1200 Microsoft points but it is a decent enough Diablo-simi to work.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Knightt wrote:There is a Diablo-esq style game on Xbox Live called Torchlight. I played the demo for a couple of HOURS last night. It has loot galore, random level generation and a nice interface with the 360 controller. A bit pricy at 1200 Microsoft points but it is a decent enough Diablo-simi to work.
OOOoooohhh interesting. Will check out the trial for that, nice one Knightt!

h-comics
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by h-comics »

Homefront tonight :clap: .

Jesse

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

h-comics wrote:Homefront tonight :clap: .

Jesse
No... that comes out tomorrow.

Geez, you had me going. :wink:

h-comics

Post by h-comics »

:lol: I"ll get mine at midnight tonight.I got a reserve copy at Gamestop and there opening up at 11.

Jesse

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

So... then, tomorrow. Midnight. :wink:

No midnight 'release' here. Well, except in the Knightt Bedroom. :twisted:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

EEeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Back on topic:

I'm not sure about Homefront, there doesn't seem alot to it.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

h-comics wrote::lol: I"ll get mine at midnight tonight.I got a reserve copy at Gamestop and there opening up at 11.

Jesse
Just got mine. Will be taking America back from the freakin' KO'reans tonight.

GO WOLVERINES !!!!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Played it for a couple of hours tonight... Really great story with some great voice acting.

Watched a toddler get held back while his parents were gunned down in the street, all the while the mommy was trying to tell her little one that it would be ok and to look away. The scream of the toddler as it went to the parents bullet riddled bodies... Got to me.

A bit sluggish on the controls, nothing a patch will not cure oh and I get whacked a lot. I had to stop playing tonight or I would be up all might playing, besides I have to get started on this bear of a coat benefit analysis tomorrow for a new Army system

Can't wait for the weekend. The family is going up to Phoenix for a wedding and I am hanging back to keep am eye on the uhhh Homefront.

Pretty good game so far.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Picked up Left 4 Dead 2 yesterday for $5 bucks. Very enjoyable !!!

Who else is playing Homefront ? The sible player campaign is great as is the multiplayer !!!

jridd28
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by jridd28 »

Anyone on here play DCUO? I havent played it in a couple weeks but its not bad at all. I loved Dead Space 2 and waiting for LA Noire, Dead Island, Resistance 3, along with the new Mortal Kombat. Unless they do something spectacular with MK I'll probably end up regretting I bought it! :atomic:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Homefront is keeping me on an emotional roller coaster... seriously, some of the situations and outcomes are downright emotional. Nothing from a shocking standpoint but if you think of the game in the context in which it is written (i.e. Korea occupying the U.S.) and the atrocities that are committed against people in your own country hit hard... as it would be in real life. Suspend belief for a while and imagine... of course, something like this (not necessarily Korea) could very well happen someday.

With my very long daily work schedule, I am only getting about 45 minutes of playtime a day. This should stretch out the short campaign.

Multiplayer is very enjoyable on this game. I normally do not enjoy being SO outranked by fellow multiplayers but this does not appear to matter as I am as competitive as any other guy. I may not score up there like the vets but being a lowly Sergeant does not affect my enjoyment factor... I am still killin' fools.

LOL
Last edited by Knightt on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:22:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I just started Homefront. You're right, the single-player is very jarring. So far, so good. I just finished Bulletstorm, which is crude and corny but actually a very good shooter.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

jridd28 wrote:Anyone on here play DCUO? I havent played it in a couple weeks but its not bad at all. I loved Dead Space 2 and waiting for LA Noire, Dead Island, Resistance 3, along with the new Mortal Kombat. Unless they do something spectacular with MK I'll probably end up regretting I bought it! :atomic:
Yep. Got it with my new PC over the weekend. I think its a great laugh. Being hammering through it. Level 22 in four days, its just too irresisteble to jump into the next mission and see who you are taking down next and who you are teaming up with.

jridd28

Post by jridd28 »

ian_house wrote:
jridd28 wrote:Anyone on here play DCUO? I havent played it in a couple weeks but its not bad at all. I loved Dead Space 2 and waiting for LA Noire, Dead Island, Resistance 3, along with the new Mortal Kombat. Unless they do something spectacular with MK I'll probably end up regretting I bought it! :atomic:
Yep. Got it with my new PC over the weekend. I think its a great laugh. Being hammering through it. Level 22 in four days, its just too irresisteble to jump into the next mission and see who you are taking down next and who you are teaming up with.

Nice!!! I need to get on again!!! Love that game! I've just been busy with work!!! Glad you like it!!!! :atomic:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Been playing some of the DLC for Fallout 3 since finally wrapping up the main quest. Steer clear of Operation: Anchorage, it is a joke at 800 Microsoft points. Very linear, no exploring and no unique perks. Basically just point and shoot. Super disappointed with this add on.

Broken Steel however is more akin to the main game and still has the open feel to it. I would have liked to have seen more side quests and the game could have been a tad longer, but it was very fun to play and the addition of the 10 point level bonus makes it well worth the money.

I'm contemplating getting the Point Lookout add on, but I'm just not sure if it will be worth the price.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Been playing some of the DLC for Fallout 3 since finally wrapping up the main quest. Steer clear of Operation: Anchorage, it is a joke at 800 Microsoft points. Very linear, no exploring and no unique perks. Basically just point and shoot. Super disappointed with this add on.

Broken Steel however is more akin to the main game and still has the open feel to it. I would have liked to have seen more side quests and the game could have been a tad longer, but it was very fun to play and the addition of the 10 point level bonus makes it well worth the money.

I'm contemplating getting the Point Lookout add on, but I'm just not sure if it will be worth the price.
I was playing through Fallout 3 before I got my PC. Not quite at the end yet tho. Just got to the vault where it goes all trippy.

Is there not a DLC with/about aliens/ufos?

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Batman - Arkham Asylum. Thank you Chris for sending me a copy. :thumb:

Got through it. Found all the riddler question marks, sliced all the fake teeth, and found all the tombstone thingies. Thought I had a near 100% on the game. Not. Apparently you have to do a whole bunch of challenges, too.

It's a fun game. Would recommend it.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:Been playing some of the DLC for Fallout 3 since finally wrapping up the main quest. Steer clear of Operation: Anchorage, it is a joke at 800 Microsoft points. Very linear, no exploring and no unique perks. Basically just point and shoot. Super disappointed with this add on.

I was playing through Fallout 3 before I got my PC. Not quite at the end yet tho. Just got to the vault where it goes all trippy.

Is there not a DLC with/about aliens/ufos?
Yeah, it's called Mothership Zeta. From the reviews I've read, it's fun, but very linear like Operation Anchorage and extremely short.