Bragging rights - your best Dead Universe deal of late?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I was VERY excited and happy to finally snag one of these beauties... I only paid $2.49 for it. whoo hoo

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Whatever happened to POSTING about your newest DU deal instead of just posting a link ?

How about some verbiage, a pic... something ? I like to hear the story behind it or something to add to your excitement of getting a DU related item. It motivates me to go out and continue the hunt as well !!! :thumb:

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

wow! great winning bid, ticktuck! too bad the shipping is so high for 17 books. you should ask them for a better rate.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Doorman wrote:wow! great winning bid, ticktuck! too bad the shipping is so high for 17 books. you should ask them for a better rate.
Oh is that what the link points to ? :wink: :wink: :wink: :D

HaloReach2010
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by HaloReach2010 »

Picked up a copy of Acclaim's N.I.O. # 1 for a buck today....

Never seen one before....

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

2 more from my Piranha Press list courtesy of Draco and a Forge and an Edge from my Crossgen. Also found a sci-fi novel I didn't expect to see.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

HaloReach2010 wrote:Picked up a copy of Acclaim's N.I.O. # 1 for a buck today....

You weren't missing much. :lol:

HaloReach2010

Post by HaloReach2010 »

Chiclo wrote:
HaloReach2010 wrote:Picked up a copy of Acclaim's N.I.O. # 1 for a buck today....

I didnt even crack it open....just putting it away, to cross it off the checklist. I checked the guide, noticed it has a low printing....maybe thats why Ive never seen one before.

Was this one of the last books acclaim put out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

HaloReach2010 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

I didnt even crack it open....just putting it away, to cross it off the checklist. I checked the guide, noticed it has a low printing....maybe thats why Ive never seen one before.

It might have been one of the last VH2 books. There was a short gap in production in 1998 that separated VH2 and VH3 and NIO is definitely in VH2.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Drift wrote:2 more from my Piranha Press list courtesy of Draco and a Forge and an Edge from my Crossgen. Also found a sci-fi novel I didn't expect to see.
I came across two large size books at a local show from Piranha, Epicurus the Sage. I almost bought them, because it was Sam Kieth stuff, but the cheap *SQUEE* in me won out. Seller wanted $3 a book and I was focusing on .50 bins. :oops:

I have the Cotton Candy Autopsy book. As far as I know, it seems to be the Piranha book that is worth the most dough.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

HaloReach2010 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

It was not the last Acclaim book, that is Turok Evolution. NIO #4 is the smallest print run of any Valiant/Acclaim "Regular" book.

Drift

Post by Drift »

Brother J wrote:
Drift wrote:2 more from my Piranha Press list courtesy of Draco and a Forge and an Edge from my Crossgen. Also found a sci-fi novel I didn't expect to see.
I came across two large size books at a local show from Piranha, Epicurus the Sage. I almost bought them, because it was Sam Kieth stuff, but the cheap *SQUEE* in me won out. Seller wanted $3 a book and I was focusing on .50 bins. :oops:

I have the Cotton Candy Autopsy book. As far as I know, it seems to be the Piranha book that is worth the most dough.

Cotton Candy Autopsy and Epicurus are some of the PP books I still need. I am in no hurry though so am happy to wait for a bargain bin to yield its treasure.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Drift wrote:
Brother J wrote:

Cotton Candy Autopsy and Epicurus are some of the PP books I still need. I am in no hurry though so am happy to wait for a bargain bin to yield its treasure.
Harcore and the other name i forget at £1.00 each were pretty darn cool grabs yesterday.

:thumb:

Draco

Post by Draco »

Comico Grendel Devil by the deed 1st and 2nd print graphic novels.

£1.00 each.

Oy yay.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Draco wrote:Comico Grendel Devil by the deed 1st and 2nd print graphic novels.

£1.00 each.

Oy yay.

You lucky bastich :clap:

Draco

Post by Draco »

xodacia81 wrote:
Draco wrote:Comico Grendel Devil by the deed 1st and 2nd print graphic novels.

£1.00 each.

Oy yay.

You lucky bastich :clap:
For sure were so busy all day i finally got to look round the show as people had mainly packed up and left, so not many stalls left to browse, but the few were good enough pickings for me.

One of the best parts of the bargain hunt is knowing that no matter what, each show ill always turn up something cool for £1 or less.

So many people that look through my stock i know wont even look at the cheap bins eleewhere, as the Grendel books might be £20 each in my box.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Doorman wrote:wow! great winning bid, ticktuck! too bad the shipping is so high for 17 books. you should ask them for a better rate.
Under .70 cents a book I wasn't gonna quibble since I needed all but 1 book :thumb:

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Knightt wrote:Whatever happened to POSTING about your newest DU deal instead of just posting a link ?

How about some verbiage, a pic... something ? I like to hear the story behind it or something to add to your excitement of getting a DU related item. It motivates me to go out and continue the hunt as well !!! :thumb:
Not much of a story Knightt , just working on a Wildstorm Worlds End storyline :thumb: Now all I need is the Gen 13 portion of the program mostly for backup story purposes :thumb: not so much the the Gen 13 storyline although I most likely will give it a try :D

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

There we go.

Now THAT is a good deal. I have had more than my share of auctions where I was only needing one book and have luckily only paid big money for very few of those auctions, the rest were cheap.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Quick question about the Wildstorm Universe, Does DC own the rights to these characters or does Jim Lee? If Jim Lee any chance this universe gets picked up by say an IDW or someone of that nature in someones opinion :thumb: ?

sbcomics

Post by sbcomics »

I'm pretty sure DC bought the rights to the characters when Jim Lee sold them WildStorm back in 1998. But since Jim Lee is the co-publisher of DC right now, I don't see them going anywhere else even if he could.

I could see giving the characters a couple years' rest and then if nothing else bringing out omnibus-type editions of the "glory days" of the titles. Or even relaunching them at some point.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

sbcomics wrote:I'm pretty sure DC bought the rights to the characters when Jim Lee sold them WildStorm back in 1998. But since Jim Lee is the co-publisher of DC right now, I don't see them going anywhere else even if he could.

I could see giving the characters a couple years' rest and then if nothing else bringing out omnibus-type editions of the "glory days" of the titles. Or even relaunching them at some point.
My understanding is that since the Wildstorm characters have been shown as coming from one of the 52 Earths in the DC Multiverse, we're pretty much assured that they will be used at some point. My guess is it won't be right after the books cease publication, which I believe is January. You're not going to see them enter the DCU mainstream the next month. You may, however, start feeling ripples of things in the late spring or mid-summer. My guess is they will linger around the edges, at first, before making a full entrance and my other guess is you aren't going to see them at all for a good 4-12 months once things wrap up on the line.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

xodacia81 wrote:
sbcomics wrote:I'm pretty sure DC bought the rights to the characters when Jim Lee sold them WildStorm back in 1998. But since Jim Lee is the co-publisher of DC right now, I don't see them going anywhere else even if he could.

My understanding is that since the Wildstorm characters have been shown as coming from one of the 52 Earths in the DC Multiverse, we're pretty much assured that they will be used at some point. My guess is it won't be right after the books cease publication, which I believe is January. You're not going to see them enter the DCU mainstream the next month. You may, however, start feeling ripples of things in the late spring or mid-summer. My guess is they will linger around the edges, at first, before making a full entrance and my other guess is you aren't going to see them at all for a good 4-12 months once things wrap up on the line.
Hopefully DC does more with them than they did when they brought the Milestone characters back.

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

I scored an unstamped Splatterball issue:

Virgin edition!

:clap: :superstar: :banana: