Long Overdue Kudos to VF.com Board Members

Quick access to important topics since 2004

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:I am VERY glad to be making another entry here... a BLAMMO thank you goes out to Brother J for supplying me with Futurians #0, it just came in yesterday and is already bagged/boarded and put in the collection 'press pile' with my other books. I put many of my books beneath some heavier books to flatten them out AND press the bag to the book taking the air out to make for a nice looking book. BUT the major thing here is Brother J being very gracious AGAIN by hooking me up with a very nice book... thank you Joe, we have made some great exchanges through out the years and I am glad that we are still doing so.

Thank you.
No problem, I had a lot of fun rooting through the .25 boxes at the local shop I went to. It was pretty much the same stuff that has always been in there, but for some reason, I found a lot more stuff I wanted this time around. Too bad one of the other books I picked up had half the back cover ripped off. That will teach me to examine my cheap books a little more closely before going up to the register. :oops:

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Most underutilized section on the board, I swear...

I would like to thank Doorman for a SUPER deal on a nice gathering of Stormwatch PHD books that I bought from him a few days ago. Very nice price for some highly sougth after books by me. I have another box of books enroute from Jonesy that I am in high anticipation of.

Another VERY nice set of books written by JCVaughn has made their way to my doorstep where I am officially impressed with the work on all of this. I have to admit it, that it has been a while since a few books landed on my doorstep and it is a VERY nice feelng to have new/old books to look at and be able to bag/board for a while. I really appreciate the books herere folks.

I am DIGGIN' the DUs folks, stronger than ever... I hav VERY few Crossgen books left, need to get on that.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I would like to thank JonesyAZ for a great transaction for a few Ultimates, Shadowhawk and a couple of other books !!! They got here just fine and in great shape.

I would also like to thank him for the GREAT Shadowhawk figure w/ stand. I've always wanted one of those (and I think there is a Ripclaw one as well).

That said (and I've cleared joking about this with Jonesy), I would also like to thank him for shipping the entire thing Media Mail. Where the Post Office must have scanned the box or had a random inspection because I was tagged with the Postage Due. I don't remember if Shadowhawk figures count as Media Mail any longer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The books and freebies (well not as free now as FREE :lol: ) are GREAT... thank you !!

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

He is a great guy :thumb:

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

very cool :thumb:

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tmcneil82 »

Knightt wrote:I would like to thank JonesyAZ for a great transaction for a few Ultimates, Shadowhawk and a couple of other books !!! They got here just fine and in great shape.

I would also like to thank him for the GREAT Shadowhawk figure w/ stand. I've always wanted one of those (and I think there is a Ripclaw one as well).

That said (and I've cleared joking about this with Jonesy), I would also like to thank him for shipping the entire thing Media Mail. Where the Post Office must have scanned the box or had a random inspection because I was tagged with the Postage Due. I don't remember if Shadowhawk figures count as Media Mail any longer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The books and freebies (well not as free now as FREE :lol: ) are GREAT... thank you !!

:lol:

I just recently found out that comics are not supposed to be shipped media mail because they include advertisements. WTF is that about? I really don'[t see how the advertisement inserts disqualifies them, but whatever. Hasn't stopped me from using it.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

tmcneil82 wrote:
Knightt wrote:I would like to thank JonesyAZ for a great transaction for a few Ultimates, Shadowhawk and a couple of other books !!! They got here just fine and in great shape.

I just recently found out that comics are not supposed to be shipped media mail because they include advertisements. WTF is that about? I really don'[t see how the advertisement inserts disqualifies them, but whatever. Hasn't stopped me from using it.
I've heard this as well but that never stopped the PO from shipping them either. I dunno :? I'll ship Media Mail (MM) ALWAYS with Delivery Confirmation (DC) for as long as they let me. I have found out that if you ship MM with DC, it gets bumped up to the regular mail, so it gets there faster, is treated better (always mark 'do not bend' or 'fragile' and I have learned the hard way to NEVER mark it 'explosives' !!) and does not cost as much. BUT, you takes yer chances when shipping MM... as always.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

never mark it explosives :lol:

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tmcneil82 »

Psht, every fool knows not to mark it as explosives. Thats why mine are always marked as "Biological Waste".

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

tmcneil82 wrote:Psht, every fool knows not to mark it as explosives. Thats why mine are always marked as "Biological Waste".
HAHAHAHAHA

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:
tmcneil82 wrote:

I've heard this as well but that never stopped the PO from shipping them either. I dunno :? I'll ship Media Mail (MM) ALWAYS with Delivery Confirmation (DC) for as long as they let me. I have found out that if you ship MM with DC, it gets bumped up to the regular mail, so it gets there faster, is treated better (always mark 'do not bend' or 'fragile' and I have learned the hard way to NEVER mark it 'explosives' !!) and does not cost as much. BUT, you takes yer chances when shipping MM... as always.
:hm:

Anyone ever try marking it ORM-D?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Big kudos to JonesyAZ for the deal on the Divine Right books and the freebie Batman books !!!

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

tmcneil82 wrote: I just recently found out that comics are not supposed to be shipped media mail because they include advertisements. WTF is that about? I really don'[t see how the advertisement inserts disqualifies them, but whatever. Hasn't stopped me from using it.
It's pretty dumb.

"So, you're saying that this ad for Battlefrogs on a Sega Genesis is still legit? You think that I'm gonna run out to the store to buy this video game, and expect to find it at the store?"

Many TPBs have no ads at all. It kinda depends on your PO, imo.

toddyboy
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by toddyboy »

tmcneil82 wrote:

there is a cutoff time where after advertisements are no longer considered advertisements for the purpose of determining media mail eligibility. my dad recently shipped me three boxes of old comics and when he took it to the post office the clerk asked him what it was and he told them honestly that they were old comics, so they recommended to him to ship media mail.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

toddyboy wrote:
tmcneil82 wrote:

there is a cutoff time where after advertisements are no longer considered advertisements for the purpose of determining media mail eligibility. my dad recently shipped me three boxes of old comics and when he took it to the post office the clerk asked him what it was and he told them honestly that they were old comics, so they recommended to him to ship media mail.
I believe it is six to nine months.

toddyboy

Post by toddyboy »

Knightt wrote:
toddyboy wrote:
tmcneil82 wrote:

I believe it is six to nine months.
as i recall, the "why" behind it has to do with media mail being derived from the old "book rate" rules, since "book rate" books weren't allow to contain advertisements other than incidental "notifications" of new books being released by the same publisher, in order to be considered "books" for the purpose of determining "book rate" eligibility. since comic "books" contain lots of advertisements that would disqualify them under "book rate" rules, even though they are technically a periodical, but since the vast majority of people ship them as if they were "books", the post office for the most part relents, and classifies them as such.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.

Post by JonesyAZ »

Kudos to Tanord, our fine Valiant friend in the awesome state of Hawaii! We agreed to trade books about a month back. He traded me a copy of Unity Gold, which is in perfect shape and just a LOT of fun to actually own :)

Thanks, Leo!!!!!

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.

Post by JonesyAZ »

I also have to give Kudos to Tim for the signed copy of X-O Manowar Vol. 2 #1 that was an unexpected, very cool gift!

I'm telling ya, the urge to start collecting a VH2 set is getting stronger...hahahahahaha.

Thanks again, Tim!!!

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

JonesyAZ wrote:
I'm telling ya, the urge to start collecting a *Acclaim (1997 series)* set is getting stronger...hahahahahaha.
I knew it would get you eventually....

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
JonesyAZ wrote:
I'm telling ya, the urge to start collecting a *Acclaim (1997 series)* set is getting stronger...hahahahahaha.
I knew it would get you eventually....
:lol: :thumb:

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.

Post by JonesyAZ »

I have to give some mad Kudos to TkWill! He sent me a free copy of Rai #4, along with an issue GK Doctor Solar! Totally amazingly cool, and MUCH appreciated my friend!!! Thanks again!!!

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.

Post by JonesyAZ »

Also, KUDOS to tmcneil82 for more free books that I received yesterday; a copy of Rai #2, Marvel's Firestar #3, and the ULTRA-EXCLUSIVE "paint variant" of Magnus #25!!! That was freaking hilarious, my friend!!!

Thanks again, bro!!!

TKWill
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!

Post by TKWill »

JonesyAZ wrote:I have to give some mad Kudos to TkWill! He sent me a free copy of Rai #4, along with an issue GK Doctor Solar! Totally amazingly cool, and MUCH appreciated my friend!!! Thanks again!!!
Thank you for your patience.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Big KUDOS to doorman. Got a slew of books in from doorman today.

PEOPLE, doorman is da BOMB !!! Great looking books, packed very well and now I am on a very good start to my newest DU (plus a few others I picked up from him as well... Dagger Comics anyone ? eh ?) :thumb:

Seriously, I have dropped more cash on doorman than anyone here on the board... and WELL worth it.

HIGHLY recommend.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Another box came in this weekend... this one from J-Scott-R who gave me some GREAT deals on beautiful NM looking books and some damn nice issues as well.

Books shipped out in record time and not one damaged... ANOTHER great transaction with J-Scott-R !!! Buy this guys schtuff !!!