5 GK titles! - Interview with Dark Horse's Mike Richardson

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

Jay Tomio wrote:Actually they just got back. DHP will still be relaunching AND each of the above will have separate series.
Cool to see that Dark Horse Presents is still being launched. So the title count is up to 6 now? :clap:

They should just rename the anthology book "Jim Shooter Presents" so his old properties get featured on there too....(Plasm, Fatale, Dark Dominion....)

They can even do a "Dogs of War" reunion story since Georges Jeanty is on the Buffy title too. :thumb:

I'd buy it!

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

vikingspawn wrote:
Jay Tomio wrote:Actually they just got back. DHP will still be relaunching AND each of the above will have separate series.
Cool to see that Dark Horse Presents is still being launched. So the title count is up to 6 now? :clap:

They should just rename the anthology book "Jim Shooter Presents" so his old properties get featured on there too....(Plasm, Fatale, Dark Dominion....)

They can even do a "Dogs of War" reunion story since Georges Jeanty is on the Buffy title too. :thumb:

I'd buy it!
Maybe someday there will be a Jim Shooter Presents!

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

StarBrand wrote:I knew I always loved July for some reason!

Jewel Of The Summertime! :clap:

Thanks for all the info folks! These books will bring me back to comic shops for the first time in a long time!

I do have hopes of a crossover that can work for the benefit of both companies although I know its wishful thinking, it would really be the smart move for both camps, time will tell.

Cheers to 2010, hope its much better than '09.
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

2010 can hope to return valiant to her home the new release wall

hondobrode
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by hondobrode »

Have never read Mighty Samson or Doctor Spektor, but the Wiki entries sound like there's ground there Shooter can work.

Honestly, I had NO interest in the GK character until after I discovered Valiant.

Really liked what he was doing @ Defiant too. I'd love to see him use those characters or something very similar.

Never got into Broadway. The black and white made it look pretty amateurish to me.

StarBrand
Re: 5 GK titles! - Interview with Dark Horse's Mike Richards

Post by StarBrand »

vikingspawn wrote:"Interview with Dark Horse’s Mike Richardson"

ICv2 recently interviewed Dark Horse CEO Mike Richardson. In Part 2 of our two-part interview, we talked about the manga market, Dark Horse’s movie deals, and why Watchmen wasn’t a game-changer. In Part 1 we talked about the comic and graphic novel markets and the impact of digital delivery.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/16480.html

Looking forward to next year, what are you excited about coming from Dark Horse?

I think we’re probably going to have the opportunity to have a sensational year. We have a lot of exciting new projects. One I’m dying to tell you about but I can’t until we sign the contract. But we have a big crossover event coming. We have a number of new titles coming. We have the launch of the Classic Media characters: Doc Solar, Magnus Robot Fighter, Turok, Mighty Samson, and Dr. Spektor. New titles and I’m telling you they look great. We’re going to try and create some excitement in a field that seems to have gotten a little bored.

We’re going to have fun with these characters, and launch some new characters along with them so it’s going to be fun. We’ve got Jim Shooter writing some of the books and we’re very excited.

How many titles are you going to do?

Over several months period we’ll introduce five titles.

Ongoing or miniseries?

Ongoing. Our Free Comic Book Day issue features Magnus and Solar. I was just looking at it. It looks sensational.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap:
Interesting Mike Richardson quote from this interview: "We’re going to have fun with these characters, and launch some new characters along with them so it’s going to be fun."
Does that sound like other characters getting titles in the new Dark Horse Gold Key universe? :hm:

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator
Re: 5 GK titles! - Interview with Dark Horse's Mike Richards

Post by ian_house »

StarBrand wrote:
vikingspawn wrote:"Interview with Dark Horse’s Mike Richardson"

ICv2 recently interviewed Dark Horse CEO Mike Richardson. In Part 2 of our two-part interview, we talked about the manga market, Dark Horse’s movie deals, and why Watchmen wasn’t a game-changer. In Part 1 we talked about the comic and graphic novel markets and the impact of digital delivery.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/16480.html

Looking forward to next year, what are you excited about coming from Dark Horse?

I think we’re probably going to have the opportunity to have a sensational year. We have a lot of exciting new projects. One I’m dying to tell you about but I can’t until we sign the contract. But we have a big crossover event coming. We have a number of new titles coming. We have the launch of the Classic Media characters: Doc Solar, Magnus Robot Fighter, Turok, Mighty Samson, and Dr. Spektor. New titles and I’m telling you they look great. We’re going to try and create some excitement in a field that seems to have gotten a little bored.

We’re going to have fun with these characters, and launch some new characters along with them so it’s going to be fun. We’ve got Jim Shooter writing some of the books and we’re very excited.

How many titles are you going to do?

Over several months period we’ll introduce five titles.

Ongoing or miniseries?

Ongoing. Our Free Comic Book Day issue features Magnus and Solar. I was just looking at it. It looks sensational.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap:
Interesting Mike Richardson quote from this interview: "We’re going to have fun with these characters, and launch some new characters along with them so it’s going to be fun."
Does that sound like other characters getting titles in the new Dark Horse Gold Key universe? :hm:
Yeah Shooter had a quote on the CBR interview for free comic day about a 'shared universe' as well. Sounds VERY interesting to me, and we do know Shooter likes making a universe or two.

MoonChild
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

Shooter can be quoted saying: "Busy Knitting" that should say alot :thumb:

superman-prime