Well I just finished reading Archer and Armstrong.

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Orangeribbon
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Well I just finished reading Archer and Armstrong.

Post by Orangeribbon »

I think it maintained it's quality all the way though. My only complaint was with the art change 3/4 of the way though. The new artist really dated the feel with his clothing choices. All the Large non organic patterns, and when Archer stared to let his hair grow. Specially when the original looks were very fresh and original. How many comics have you seen about Sojourning Monks, and Drunken Winos getting into to Hijinks?

I also thought it stunk that they had to share their last issue with Eternal Warrior, and didn't get a proper last issue.

I think the title was the best thing to come out of a bad situation. With all the crap that got released because of collectors a few Jems like this book got green lighted to. I am also partially happy it ended when it did, because it ended before last the decline of Valiant, and everything got silly for birth quake.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Well I just finnished reading Archer and Armstrong.

Post by Elveen »

Orangeribbon wrote:I think it maintained it's quality all the way though. My only complaint was with the art change 3/4 of the way though. The new artist really dated the feel with his clothing choices. All the Large non organic patterns, and when Archer stared to let his hair grow. Specially when the original looks were very fresh and original. How many comics have you seen about Sojourning Monks, and Drunken Winos getting into to Hijinks?

I also thought it stunk that they had to share their last issue with Eternal Warrior, and didn't get a proper last issue.

I think the title was the best thing to come out of a bad situation. With all the crap that got released because of collectors a few Jems like this book got green lighted to. I am also partially happy it ended when it did, because it ended before last the decline of Valiant, and everything got silly for birth quake.

A&A 0-12 is prue comic gold.

The rest...... not as much.

A&A in the "temple of Drudgery" ...... really?

chisumwomack
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by chisumwomack »

Everything after 12 was pretty hard to get through.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Yeah, the last half of the run was definitely not up to par with the first half.

UnknownTales
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 2005
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Smith

Post by UnknownTales »

One of the best buddy-buddy books of all time.

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

You should check out Quantum & Woody, hillarious!
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

Orangeribbon
Re: Well I just finnished reading Archer and Armstrong.

Post by Orangeribbon »

Elveen wrote:
Orangeribbon wrote:I think it maintained it's quality all the way though. My only complaint was with the art change 3/4 of the way though. The new artist really dated the feel with his clothing choices. All the Large non organic patterns, and when Archer stared to let his hair grow. Specially when the original looks were very fresh and original. How many comics have you seen about Sojourning Monks, and Drunken Winos getting into to Hijinks?

A&A 0-12 is prue comic gold.

The rest...... not as much.

A&A in the "temple of Drudgery" ...... really?
Considering what it was lampooning at the time I think Temple of Drudgery was freaking hilarious. The Micro Biotic Diet had a freaking cult fallowing. "Sorry I can't sue this cup, there use to be Tea in it, and the sugar molecules can make me fat." Or the fact that the girl decides to safe them BUT only after she loses 8lbs.

KenClarkson4Prez
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by KenClarkson4Prez »

i liked the Temple of Drudgery too. i liked that the series never took itself too seriously. there was definitely a dropoff after BWS exited, but it was still an entertaining read for me all the way to the end. at the time of its cancellation, i was bummed out because it was the last Valiant title i thought was still a good read. in retrospect, i am kind of glad it ended when it did, and wasn't birthquaked or sullied like the other titles.

Orangeribbon

Post by Orangeribbon »

KenClarkson4Prez wrote:i liked the Temple of Drudgery too. i liked that the series never took itself too seriously. there was definitely a dropoff after BWS exited, but it was still an entertaining read for me all the way to the end. at the time of its cancellation, i was bummed out because it was the last Valiant title i thought was still a good read. in retrospect, i am kind of glad it ended when it did, and wasn't birthquaked or sullied like the other titles.
I can just see the birthquake for it. Archer becomes a female Cyborg, and Armstrong hunts Cyborgs. Awkward drama!!

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

Fabian? Is that you? :P

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

dave wrote:Fabian? Is that you? :P
<snort> :lol:

...sorry...can someone move this to the re-reading forum??? DJ?

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

myron wrote:
<snort> :lol:

...sorry...can someone move this to the re-reading forum??? DJ?
No problem.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

MotA? Is that you?