okay, this is a joke, right?

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
okay, this is a joke, right?

Post by GGSAE »

I've had this item in my scope for nearly a week then some lunatic goes beserk on the bid button....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 96244&rd=1

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

i noticed that too, crazy. I bid early on that one, as I don't have it and planned to bid a bit higher till i came back to check on it :)

I wonder why.. the rai 21 vvss is still only $60

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Does someone desperately want the acclaims that badly to push the price to this level? I thought it was ridiculous at 80...

davidb
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by davidb »

Easy. The reason that one's going so high is because it's the one I was really interested in. :!:

David B.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

hahahah, I remember trying to lookup your ebay name figuring it must be someone here bidding against me. Now, looking at these top bidders i don't know what price these ppl are willing to pay.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

a...i mean xcoll has been bidding high on quite a few books recently.

davidb
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by davidb »

GGSAE wrote:hahahah, I remember trying to lookup your ebay name figuring it must be someone here bidding against me. Now, looking at these top bidders i don't know what price these ppl are willing to pay.
No worries here. I'd never even gotten around to putting a bid in - just had it on my watch list. At over 100 dollars, I'm definitely out.

David B.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

davidb wrote:
GGSAE wrote:hahahah, I remember trying to lookup your ebay name figuring it must be someone here bidding against me. Now, looking at these top bidders i don't know what price these ppl are willing to pay.
No worries here. I'd never even gotten around to putting a bid in - just had it on my watch list. At over 100 dollars, I'm definitely out.

David B.
Me too. I think the last one of these sold for under 50 and I thought that was a little high then. I think the "norm" has been around 35 bucks.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

Alright folks keeping in mind i'm new here....for those of you on the board that bid on these VVSS and assuming that you already have this issue, do you look for seconds or thirds at a reasonable price? Or are you more concerned with making sure the transaction prices stay high - like stock manipulation? Should I be looking to shell out $100 for a comic with book value 50% or 70% of that?

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

GGSAE wrote:Alright folks keeping in mind i'm new here....for those of you on the board that bid on these VVSS and assuming that you already have this issue, do you look for seconds or thirds at a reasonable price? Or are you more concerned with making sure the transaction prices stay high - like stock manipulation? Should I be looking to shell out $100 for a comic with book value 50% or 70% of that?
Well this auction is from the person who bought the Acclaim books when they filed BK. So the VVSS and the other books might be considered by some to be "file" copies. To some that makes them worth more. Also since the other signed books are from Acclaim as well, they may be considered "planned" AVSS books.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

x-omatic wrote:
GGSAE wrote:Alright folks keeping in mind i'm new here....for those of you on the board that bid on these VVSS and assuming that you already have this issue, do you look for seconds or thirds at a reasonable price? Or are you more concerned with making sure the transaction prices stay high - like stock manipulation? Should I be looking to shell out $100 for a comic with book value 50% or 70% of that?
Well this auction is from the person who bought the Acclaim books when they filed BK. So the VVSS and the other books might be considered by some to be "file" copies. To some that makes them worth more. Also since the other signed books are from Acclaim as well, they may be considered "planned" AVSS books.
Thanks. So if i'm not interested in the acclaims, I should look to buy VVSS individually.

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

The Armorines VVSS is not an acclaim book. It's tough to get. The price that it went for doesn't really surprise me at all. I've had it on my watch list since it was listed. I need it, but I knew it was going to go too big for me.
ASM Crossover Home

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

x-omatic wrote:
Yep! :thumb:
ASM Crossover Home

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

GGSAE wrote:
Thanks. So if i'm not interested in the acclaims, I should look to buy VVSS individually.
I don't think you'll get that Armorines book through ebay for $35.50 for a while unless you luck into it. I really don't think that the Acclaim books had much impact on this auction at all. I've gotten signed acclaim books from him for barely a few bucks for a bunch.
ASM Crossover Home

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

x-omatic wrote:
You know what? I think you are right - VH1 issues too though. I won a lot a few months back with some of the same books from him and I think I remember the same books being listed a few times. Could very well be VVSSs and AVSSs that never came to be!
ASM Crossover Home

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

400yrs wrote:The Armorines VVSS is not an acclaim book. It's tough to get. The price that it went for doesn't really surprise me at all. I've had it on my watch list since it was listed. I need it, but I knew it was going to go too big for me.
I see. If there is only 1,200 (?), let's say every member on this board had two (for argument's sake), there wouldn't be many available...

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

GGSAE wrote:
400yrs wrote:The Armorines VVSS is not an acclaim book. It's tough to get. The price that it went for doesn't really surprise me at all. I've had it on my watch list since it was listed. I need it, but I knew it was going to go too big for me.
I see. If there is only 1,200 (?), let's say every member on this board had two (for argument's sake), there wouldn't be many available...

According to this link, the number of issues of this book held by board members is 53, but of course it's not complete. I'd venture to say 200 or so are held by board members.

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/rescueall.asp
ASM Crossover Home

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

The real problem with antonio and the 'file copies' are we have no idea if he has 1 Armorines VVSS or 100. Not to mention the AVSS candidates. He could have 1000 of those. Worse, they are all for sale, and not spread out around the multiverse.

400yrs

Post by 400yrs »

ckb wrote:The real problem with antonio and the 'file copies' are we have no idea if he has 1 Armorines VVSS or 100. Not to mention the AVSS candidates. He could have 1000 of those. Worse, they are all for sale, and not spread out around the multiverse.
I'm sure some board members have a better idea than others as to what he may have. It would be nice for Antonio to throw us a bone considering that this site and board is responsible for generating interest in what he is selling. He seems to be grouping things better now, so he's catching on!! :thumb:
ASM Crossover Home

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

400yrs wrote:
ckb wrote:The real problem with antonio and the 'file copies' are we have no idea if he has 1 Armorines VVSS or 100. Not to mention the AVSS candidates. He could have 1000 of those. Worse, they are all for sale, and not spread out around the multiverse.
I'm sure some board members have a better idea than others as to what he may have. It would be nice for Antonio to throw us a bone considering that this site and board is responsible for generating interest in what he is selling. He seems to be grouping things better now, so he's catching on!! :thumb:
I think he knew all along what he had, he just wasnt smart enough to list them right. There was a reason he listed the EB variant turoks early, he was hoping we wouldnt know where he got them. I don't know if he has multiples of this book but I know he has large quantities of mulitples of some books and I bet he waits to list those at the end. If he listed those first we would suspect multiples of everything.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

So pay your big bucks now, suckahs!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

ah, the good ol' days when that one seller on eBay was blowing out his large supply of VVSS books, he had probably somewhere close to fifty copies each of the Armorines and Secret Weapons VVSS and often had the other ones, as well...

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

400yrs wrote:
I geuss we'll have to wait and see. Congratualations on your win, next time i won't be so slow when the clock's ticking down.

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

depluto wrote:So pay your big bucks now, suckahs!
yeah no doubt...I dont even look at his auctions anymore...

I does anyone know if greg sold all of the turok EB's for the mystery seller?

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

DawgPhan wrote:
depluto wrote:So pay your big bucks now, suckahs!
yeah no doubt...I dont even look at his auctions anymore...

I does anyone know if greg sold all of the turok EB's for the mystery seller?
If you get just one or two of the cheap ones that Antonio offers, you can satisfy your 'acclaim file copy' jones and then get back to buying cheaper books. If you think about it, once the book's in your possession, there are no hallmarks that identify it as a 'file copy', so there's no cache to paying more for them. Now, if he was a different sort of businessman he could have made up certificates and really tried to market these books that way.

I met Antonio at the start of his selling of these books and he seems like a decent enough guy. But I couldn't persuade him to let me see the entirety of his purchase. In the end he left it as, everything else I have is just more of the same, but since he told me that, he's listed some different stuff. :!: So I don't think there is anyone on here that has more info about what Antonio has than that.

As for an Acclaim Sig Series, I don't think so. My guess is the signed books Antonio has were for con giveaways and promotional use, not a set sig series like Valiant had done before. I could be wrong of course but that's my guess. I mean, surely they would have been able to get ONE of these out before they tanked the comics division, no? Surely there would have been a solicitation in Previews like there were for the VVSS issues when they were released.
:hm: