Marvel 2099 Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Marvel 2099 Issue List

Post by Knightt »

Here is the list that was provided largely by Brother J... THANKS MAN !!! :thumb:

Any additions or mistakes, please PM me.

2099 A.D. 1

2099 A.D. Apocalypse 1

2099 A.D. Genesis 1

2099 Limited Ashcan 1 Blue, 1 Gold, 1 Platinum, 1 Blue Signed

2099 Sketchbook

2099 Special: World of Doom 1

2099 Unlimited 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

2099: Manifest Destiny 1

2099: World of Tomorrow 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Doom 2099 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 (Deluxe), 26, 27, 28, 29, 29 (Deluxe), 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

Fantastic Four 2099 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ghost Rider 2099 1, 1 Foil, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Hulk 2099 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

The Punisher 2099 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 13 Dynamic Forces S&N, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 (Deluxe), 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

Ravage 2099 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 (Deluxe)26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

Spider-Man 2099 1, 1 (2nd print), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 (Deluxe), 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 35 (Venom), 36, 36 (Venom), 37, 37 (Venom), 38, 38 (Venom), 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, Annual 1, Special 1

Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man 1

X-Men 2099 1, 1 (2nd print), 1 Gold, 1 Dynamic Forces S&N, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 (Deluxe), 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, Special 1, Oasis 1

X-Nation 2099 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Marvel Knights 2099
Marvel Knights 2099: Daredevil 1
Marvel Knights 2099: Black Panther 1
Marvel Knights 2099: Inhumans 1
Marvel Knights 2099: Punisher 1
Marvel Knights 2099: Mutant 1

Marvel Knights 2099 TPB

Timestorm 2009-2099 - Mini-Series (2009) 1, 2, 3, 4, TPB
Timestorm 2009/2099: Spider-Man One-Shot
Timestorm 2009/2099: X-Men One-Shot

Marvel 2099 Appearances and tie-ins to story lines:
Fantastic Four 413 (vs Doom 2099)
Exiles 75, 76
Captain Marvel (first Peter David series) 27, 28, 29, 30

Reprints with action figures:
Marvel Legends Maestro figure reprint of Captain Marvel 30
Marvel Legends Spider-Man 2099 figure reprint of Spider-Man 2099 #1 (white cover - listed above as 2nd print)

Misc
Amazing Spider-Man 527 2nd print variant - Spider-Man 2099 on cover
Last edited by Knightt on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:07:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

turborip
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by turborip »

OK, I'll bite. This is your 'needs' list right, and not the checklist?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

turborip wrote:OK, I'll bite. This is your 'needs' list right, and not the checklist?
CRAP, I screwed up AGAIN... yes it is an old needs list. I just looked at the title and went from there. Geez, I apologize folks. I am missing my thumb drive where I keep a lot of information and that is probably where the correct list is located.

Again, I apologize.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

turborip wrote:OK, I'll bite. This is your 'needs' list right, and not the checklist?
Fixed. Looks a bit better now, eh ? :wink:

turborip
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by turborip »

Knightt wrote:
Fixed. Looks a bit better now, eh ? :wink:
:clap:

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

There's a signed edition of Punisher 2099 #1 out there.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Doorman wrote:There's a signed edition of Punisher 2099 #1 out there.
Doorman, ever since you got here, you've been a machine! You are just brimming with all sorts of DU trivia. Quite an asset to our little community.

Side note - got the wife to read GLA Misassembled last weekend. Squirrel Girl is now her favourite Marvel character.

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

Thanks, man! It's great to have my comic knowledge appreciated (the girlfriend is amazed by it ... but doesn't quite understand it. on second thought perhaps "scared" would be more accurate than "amazed" :-p).

Here's a picture of the issue in question:

Glad she enjoyed the GLA series! It's a great read.

(by the by - I run http://www.greatlakesavengers.com - plug plug plug)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:
Doorman wrote:There's a signed edition of Punisher 2099 #1 out there.
Doorman, ever since you got here, you've been a machine! You are just brimming with all sorts of DU trivia. Quite an asset to our little community.

Side note - got the wife to read GLA Misassembled last weekend. Squirrel Girl is now her favourite Marvel character.
I found him first, I found him first !!!! :D

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

BTW, I LIKEY that signed Punisher book.... sweet

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

I don't think that Punisher book is the sort of thing we'd add to the checklist since it's not autographed officially by Marvel nor through Dynamic Forces (and then only if it was a variant).

Neat book, nonetheless.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Heres one book that I noticed missing (These were similar to the Malibu Suns in the Ultraverse)

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

Chiclo wrote:I don't think that Punisher book is the sort of thing we'd add to the checklist since it's not autographed officially by Marvel nor through Dynamic Forces (and then only if it was a variant).

Neat book, nonetheless.
Hey dude. Not trying to start a war or anything but, what makes Dynamic Forces OK to be added but not another company doing the exact same thing? Limited Treasured Editions took a limited amount of these and had the artist sign them. Then they included a numbered C.O.A. Sounds like something DF does all the time.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Doorman wrote:
Chiclo wrote:I don't think that Punisher book is the sort of thing we'd add to the checklist since it's not autographed officially by Marvel nor through Dynamic Forces (and then only if it was a variant).

Neat book, nonetheless.
Hey dude. Not trying to start a war or anything but, what makes Dynamic Forces OK to be added but not another company doing the exact same thing? Limited Treasured Editions took a limited amount of these and had the artist sign them. Then they included a numbered C.O.A. Sounds like something DF does all the time.
It's tough to say. Is it longevity? Is it quality? To me, those Limited Treasured Editions are really no better than a store signed book. Dynamic Forces is still here after all these years, and they seem to be more of a legitimate publisher as they also do things like variant covers. Hell, they ARE publishers with their Dynamite Comics line. I think it's just a judgment call we've made over the years doing this. The original intent was to only do books that were issued by the publisher, like the VVSS books from Valiant, but it seems like the Dynamic Forces stuff has gradually been accepted as being "part of the collection", as well.

EDIT: another thing that, at least for me, legitimizes the DF versions as being part of the set is the fact that Mile High will just about always list DF signed editions as variants with the other books. You won't see listings for signed books from "fly by night" companies like Limited Treasured Editions.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Brother J wrote:
Doorman wrote:

Neat book, nonetheless.
It's tough to say. Is it longevity? Is it quality? To me, those Limited Treasured Editions are really no better than a store signed book. Dynamic Forces is still here after all these years, and they seem to be more of a legitimate publisher as they also do things like variant covers. Hell, they ARE publishers with their Dynamite Comics line. I think it's just a judgment call we've made over the years doing this. The original intent was to only do books that were issued by the publisher, like the VVSS books from Valiant, but it seems like the Dynamic Forces stuff has gradually been accepted as being "part of the collection", as well.

EDIT: another thing that, at least for me, legitimizes the DF versions as being part of the set is the fact that Mile High will just about always list DF signed editions as variants with the other books. You won't see listings for signed books from "fly by night" companies like Limited Treasured Editions.
Whether DF publishes other books is arguably irrelevant - how books published by another publisher (in this case Marvel) that are then re-packaged with a COA and creator signature are the same no matter who does the re-packaging is the relevant issue. If one is officially sanctioned (ie by the original publisher) then that is the only arguable point of difference if such sanction was given.

Now that one re-packager is far more successful than the other is another debate entirely, but logically if all facts are equal (COA; signature of some creator; official sanction or otherwise) then the books equally deserve to be on the list or not.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Bob's Comic Shop snagging Ron Lim to come in and sign 1,000 copies of X-Men #1 doesnt mean squat to me. Now if Marvel does set of signed books of the same, I would be more apt to put those on a list.

Chris Scott tricks Joey Quesada and Jimmy P. into signing 50 Ninjak #1s doesnt make a Misc the grade either.

I just picked it up a couple of Cyberforce ashcans with a COA from Homage. I am more inclined to add these ashcans to my 'official list' than books from Bob's Comic Shop. Maybe you can put Bob's books under a 'Misc' section.

DF... eh, I think that they are enough of a precence in the field to put them on the list. Heck they were on QVC at one point werent they ? Plus I dig the sexy hologram stickers.

I am not 'partial' to signed books anyways. Nice to hunt down (the DF books).

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

Knightt wrote:Bob's Comic Shop snagging Ron Lim to come in and sign 1,000 copies of X-Men #1 doesnt mean squat to me. Now if Marvel does set of signed books of the same, I would be more apt to put those on a list.

Chris Scott tricks Joey Quesada and Jimmy P. into signing 50 Ninjak #1s doesnt make a Misc the grade either.

I just picked it up a couple of Cyberforce ashcans with a COA from Homage. I am more inclined to add these ashcans to my 'official list' than books from Bob's Comic Shop. Maybe you can put Bob's books under a 'Misc' section.

DF... eh, I think that they are enough of a precence in the field to put them on the list. Heck they were on QVC at one point werent they ? Plus I dig the sexy hologram stickers.

The difference is wholly subjective though isn't it?

I am not arguing one way or the other except to say that one signed and COA packaged book is in fact no different to another signed and COA packaged book except in a subjective way (ie "I choose to recognise DF but someone else").

Now, in terms of compiling DU lists issue numbers are factually based. Variant covers whether with different art or merely different pricing or whatvere detail are a matter of fact. That one repackager is recognised whilst another isn't, is simply subjective.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

leonmallett wrote:
Knightt wrote:Bob's Comic Shop snagging Ron Lim to come in and sign 1,000 copies of X-Men #1 doesnt mean squat to me. Now if Marvel does set of signed books of the same, I would be more apt to put those on a list.

The difference is wholly subjective though isn't it?

I am not arguing one way or the other except to say that one signed and COA packaged book is in fact no different to another signed and COA packaged book except in a subjective way (ie "I choose to recognise DF but someone else").

Now, in terms of compiling DU lists issue numbers are factually based. Variant covers whether with different art or merely different pricing or whatvere detail are a matter of fact. That one repackager is recognised whilst another isn't, is simply subjective.
Yes, it is subjective. The consensus here seems to be that DF books are worth collecting, so they have been added to the checklist. As with anything, anyone can collect or not collect whatever they want.

Should we go back and remove all the Dynamic Forces books from the checklist? Because I would much sooner do that rather than start adding every "Tom, Dick, and Harry" store signing and fly-by-night repackager to the list.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

Even though I said I wasn't arguing either way, I would suggest that unless sanctioned by the original publisher they aren't worthy of inclusion, and agree signed books probably shouldn't be on the list. But that is just one opinion.
Last edited by leonmallett on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:53:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

Brother J wrote:As with anything, anyone can collect or not collect whatever they want.
Whoops! Looks like I opened a can of worms. I just felt that something with 5,750 signed copies might be worth mentioning.

I guess it really comes down to the above quote.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

Doorman wrote:
Brother J wrote:As with anything, anyone can collect or not collect whatever they want.
Whoops! Looks like I opened a can of worms. I just felt that something with 5,750 signed copies might be worth mentioning.

I guess it really comes down to the above quote.
No can of worms, just healthy debate - no worries. :thumb:

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Doorman, this is a good debate to have. Don't feel awkward or regret having started it, it was going to happen eventually.

My answer would be along the same thing as Bro J's way up there, but I would have had a part in there about tradition within the section.

I've seen some of the LTE's before and just never really thought of them in the same way as DF books. That is a prejudice on my part and I hadn't realized it before. DF just seemed like a more legitimate company to me (and I love Dynamite comics) and I had never realized it. If anything, I'd rather see the DF books fall off the lists than having to add all sorts of signed editions to the lists.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:I'd rather see the DF books fall off the lists than having to add all sorts of signed editions to the lists.
You and Brother J are on it... we have included DF books in the past and I think that we should continue to do so. There are times that DF will even print a variant cover or add them emblem, so that in itself is worth being on the list. In example, I just picked up Ash #1, omnichrome cover with the DF logo. I also have Ash: Fire Within #3 with a green foil farenheit DF cover. Makes sense to add them, right ? Big differences in the covers.

We keep DF books on the issue lists. There is no reason to add fly by night signings to the list, regardless of number of signed books. UNLESS, there was a variant cover created in the process.

(the only example I can think of at the moment where this kinda applies is in the Continuity Comics line. Cyberad #1 vol 2 has a gold foil variant which was not made by DF, but rather another company called Catch a Star Collectibles, INC, signed by Peter Stone and Richard Bennett yet, half of the print run was signed and the other half was not. But I think that the Catch a Star Collectibles is noteworthy... but I guess we could debate that couldnt we ? Funny thing though Catcha a Star Collectibles' CEO is Ken Golden... I wonder if he is related to Michael Golden. See: Bucky O'Hare)
We keep DF books on the issue lists. There is no reason to add fly by night signings to the list, regardless of number of signed books. UNLESS, there was a variant cover created in the process.
Is that an agreeable consensus ?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:I think it's just a judgment call we've made over the years doing this. The original intent was to only do books that were issued by the publisher, like the VVSS books from Valiant, but it seems like the Dynamic Forces stuff has gradually been accepted as being "part of the collection", as well.

:thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Great thread we have here but I have to laugh a bit... we are including DF in our lists and talking about them being 'legit' and everything. And at the same time they are a nemisis... DF = VIP. :lol:

And at the same time :| .

:wink: