Yet another Crossgen topic.

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Yet another Crossgen topic.

Post by Jaknife »

I am just now realizing how truly awesome this whole universe is. it reminds me of valiant, but on a grander scale. like, everyone knows eachother, and there are links to different titles, like, the First are everywhere. You'd have to read everytitle to understand completely. Although, I am dissapointed the most( and i'm only going by what I have read up to Forge #6) The Path, Negation, Ruse, and Scooby Doo...oh wait. no, just the first three. and thats only story wise. they all have good art at the very least, but the path moves slowly.

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

Well unfortunately, two my favorites, The Path and Brath are both being cancelled. Just bought the last issue of Path couple of days ago but have not read it yet. The story (even if it seems slow) is being cut short just too quick because of the cancellation, that I can tell you that already. I thought it was a solid read for a short 23 issue run.

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

i'm only up to about #6. and it went in a totally different direction than i thought it would. really, i would have enjoyed a series about todosi personally. how come they decided to cancel so many?

twofour
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by twofour »

Financial problems. They were having trouble paying some of their artist working for them and one of them, Andy Smith, is suing them for his unpaid money. It's really sad because some of their books were excellent but people were not buying their books. Too many Marvel and DC zombies. People will not try new things and it makes it hard for the small companies. But anyway pick up the back issues of Negation and pick up the Negation War that starts next week. It will be fabulous!!!

twofour

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

They just interviewed Andy Smith in the CBEM and he said Crossgen was/is a total disaster and blamed the owner Mark Alessi, you can read about it here:
http://comiclist.com/cbem.html