Announcing Star Wars: The Old Republic‏

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

will you be playing this game when it gets released?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:01:19 am

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 9

Eternalwarrior68
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: v1 X-O / v3 Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Announcing Star Wars: The Old Republic‏

Post by Eternalwarrior68 »

Just got this notice from bioware yesterday:
Star Wars: The Old Republic is a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts. Your personal Star Wars™ saga begins thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

You will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat, team up with other players to overcome challenges and determine your own path down the light or dark side of the Force.
http://www.swtor.com/info/?sourceid=ea2445

I love the fact that Bioware is doing this game! you can play sith or jedi or republic. not sure about classes yet but it looks good.

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Star Wars Galaxies proved that giving people the option to start as Jedis was a bad thing. You should have to put in some serious gaming to earn that one and I would say the same for the Sith.

Not that it really maters as it will just be WoW with a Star Wars skin.

All MMORPGs are like that now.

RF Online = WoW with BESM skin
Age of Conan = WoW with less races and better graphics
Warhammer: Age of Reckoning = WoW with a 30 year backstory

Eternalwarrior68

lol true, but on the bright side we have to wait till 2016 for the release. So who knows, Bioware might surprise us, we will have to wait and see.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

2O16!!! It will be in the works for 8 years!! Are they going to release it with the playstation 4 :? :? :lol: :lol:

Eternalwarrior68

MY bad, I guess the release is next year! Damn my faulty intell! :lol:

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

I will do many things for Star Wars, but I will not sacrifice my life for Star Wars.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I will not be playing this game. Not enough time in my day. I will not be giving the news of this game to a friend of mine who is both a GIANT Star Wars fan and a newly converted addict to RPG's. Nope, I wouldn't want to do that to her. It would be cruel. I won't do that. (goes to e-mail her about it)

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

While I generally buy almost all of Bioware's games (if I got the systems that they're on) and I'm a big RPG fan however this time I'm not.
I'm not into the MMORPGs due to the time (and general expense).
Now if they had done Star Wars: Knights of the Old of Republic III I would be a happy gamer.

But I really want to play Mass Effect 2 a lot more though.

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

Cyberstrike wrote:While I generally buy almost all of Bioware's games (if I got the systems that they're on) and I'm a big RPG fan however this time I'm not.
Now if they had done Star Wars: Knights of the Old of Republic III I would be a happy gamer.

I didn't like Mass Effect much. After playing pretty much every Bioware game ever, it just seemed standard, trivial, repetitive and boring.

dbostejano
Here's my not so custom custom.

Post by dbostejano »

This will not be available for any of the consoles. This will be a PC only release. If they decide to make KOTR 3, then my guess is that will be on Xbox or something.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:While I generally buy almost all of Bioware's games (if I got the systems that they're on) and I'm a big RPG fan however this time I'm not.

I didn't like Mass Effect much. After playing pretty much every Bioware game ever, it just seemed standard, trivial, repetitive and boring.
Dude you're seriousally weird.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Cyberstrike wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

Hahahaha

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

Cyberstrike wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

I've played Baldur's Gate I and II, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect, and Mass Effect is my least favorite of all of those. Something about it just didn't click with me. It was partly that every single base was one of two maps, and that half the game was wandering around random planets looking for junk.

I was really looking forward to it, because Bioware's games are some of my all-time favorites.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

I've played Baldur's Gate I and II, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect, and Mass Effect is my least favorite of all of those. Something about it just didn't click with me. It was partly that every single base was one of two maps, and that half the game was wandering around random planets looking for junk.

I was really looking forward to it, because Bioware's games are some of my all-time favorites.
I thought at first it would be my least favorite too, but what surpised me was that after I made a choice in the game I would even after I stopped playing it I would think: "did I make the right choice?" in other words it's a game that made me think in ways that no other game has done.

As much as I loved Kotor (that's the only game that I actually burnt the disc out from over playing) and Jade Empire, I was moved by Mass Effect that in a way that no other game has before; it made me think and I want to see and know more about the Mass Effect Universe.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

With all the Star Wars JUNK that has come out over the past few years, I seriously doubt that I will be playing it. I just traded in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed after bitter disappointment.

I still have a mint strategy guide if anybody would like to buy it on the cheap ? Never used... $10 plus s/h (whats that, $5.00 in a flat rate envelope ?)

Now the Vintage Star Wars that I remember as a child (and still have my action figures), was pure MAGIC and remains to be that way for me today. I know there was a marketing blitz back then but Lucas' vision was more down to earth (totally wrong phrase for a sci-fi film, but you know what I mean) and the three newer movies did not but kill my love for the Star Wars universe.

dbostejano

Post by dbostejano »

Knightt wrote:With all the Star Wars JUNK that has come out over the past few years, I seriously doubt that I will be playing it. I just traded in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed after bitter disappointment.

I still have a mint strategy guide if anybody would like to buy it on the cheap ? Never used... $10 plus s/h (whats that, $5.00 in a flat rate envelope ?)

Now the Vintage Star Wars that I remember as a child (and still have my action figures), was pure MAGIC and remains to be that way for me today. I know there was a marketing blitz back then but Lucas' vision was more down to earth (totally wrong phrase for a sci-fi film, but you know what I mean) and the three newer movies did not but kill my love for the Star Wars universe.

I feel the same about Star Wars, but I must be a bigger fanboy cause I have yet to see failure. :oops:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

You liked the new movies ?

And The Clone Wars animated thing ?

Jar-Jar ?