Psi Lords #1 VVSS, less than an hour left!

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Psi Lords #1 VVSS, less than an hour left!

Post by Brother J »

I've decided to start putting some of my extras up for sale here, starting with the very tough to find Psi Lords #1 VVSS. I'm going to try a new approach. Instead of auctioning off these books on eBay and paying them the listing fees and final value fee, I'm going to try to have an auction right here for the book. The next paragraph explains my auction terms:

Starting at the time of this listing, I will be accepting bids for this book via private message or e-mail (joepiecho@aol.com). My opening bid will be 1/2 Valiantcomics.com guide, which would be $30, there's no other type of reserve. This auction will last at least three days (meaning until Monday at 10:30 AM Central time) but will go on until a period of 24 hours goes by without a new bid. This will hopefully do away with the sniping that so many dislike as you will always have a full day to up the last bid if you want to. Once a full day without bids go by, the winner will be notified. I'll accept payment by Paypal, money order or check. Paypal payment must get to me within 3 days of the auction end, payments by money order or check should be in my hands within 10 days of auction end. Otherwise, I will sell to the next highest bidder.

Ok, now the details of the book, the Psi-Lords VVSS is in NM condition and is in the original Valiant sleeve with the VVSS COA. This sleeve has actually stayed in nice condition. Here are links to pictures of the book, both the front view and the back. They are large scans so please be patient:

http://www.members.aol.com/joepiecho/my ... svvssfront

http://www.members.aol.com/joepiecho/my ... dsvvssback

Well, good luck to all that are interested in this book. I will update the bids as they come in for the book. Thanks for your attention!
Last edited by Brother J on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:41:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

<snip>

PMing you a bid now...
Last edited by R Daneel on Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:25:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

One thing I didn't mention is shipping. I will ship any way the winner would like as long as they are willing to pay for it. Thanks again!

riptide_soccer
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by riptide_soccer »

You've been PM'd with my bid. Thanks....
I am the Fist and the Steel.....

Brother J
High bid update

Post by Brother J »

I don't think I'll be online a good part of the day tomorrow so I thought I'd give the high bid information now for the Psi Lords 1 VVSS

The high bid currently is $66

3 bids currently, like eBay I'm going to try to use the proxy bid system since it seems like the fairest thing to do. The high bidder's bid is not necessarily $66 exactly, but $66 is $1 higher than the previous bidder.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks to everyone for taking a look.

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

hey can you go back and start the bidding over at $30, with me being the first bidder? that way i can say i was in the running at one time... :wink:

Brother J
High bid currently $66

Post by Brother J »

The high bid for the Psi Lords #1 VVSS is still $66 and there have been no bids in the last 24 hours, so if there are no more bids by 10:30 AM Central time tomorrow morning, the auction will be ended and a winner declared. This is your chance to land one of the most difficult VVSS books (print run of only 800) at a below eBay price. Good luck to everyone who is interested!

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

That IS a pretty low print run. Too bad Psi-Lords sucked... LOL
I don't think anyone's going to be reading a VVSS copy, anyway! :P

I think the only VVSS that seems tougher to find is the Eternal Warrior #27, the Psi Lords VVSS was the last one I was able to find to complete my run of VVSS and for a long while they didn't come up on eBay very often. I was pretty lucky to get this copy in a lot of signed books and I was real happy to see that is was in such good condition, even the original Valiant mylar was in good shape. Some of those mylars are just falling apart when you come across VVSS books.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

I just received a fourth bid at 8:30 AM Central time this morning, so the high bid is now $76. Also, with this latest bid, I will extend the auction 24 more hours to allow for someone to top the high bid if they would like and avoid the eBay sniper type bids. So as of now, unless there is another bid, this auction will end tomorrow 8:30 AM Central Time.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Bumping this up... just over 12 hours to go on this unless there is another bid.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Bumping up one last time, 2 hours left, $76 is still the high bid, thanks!

Brother J
high bid now $86.55, one day left (again!)

Post by Brother J »

Right at the deadline, I received another proxy bid on the Psi Lords #1 VVSS, so the auction will be extended another 24 hours, until 8:30 AM Central tomorrow (Wednesday). The high bid currently is:

$86.55

6 total bids...

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

less than an hour left, still at 86.55. One last bump...

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

We have a winner at $86.55! Thanks for everyone who took the time to bid and had interest in this book. I still have plenty of extra, quality books to sell, and I will probably put some more up for this forum as well as more items on eBay.