AUCTION: RAI #0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

XO
Working on the first full appearance of me
AUCTION: RAI #0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11

Post by XO »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

This auction is for a lot of Valiants RAI books #0 through 11! All 12 books (#9-11 not shown in pic, but you'll get them too)! Numbers 2-5 have a VERY low print run and are extremely rare, especially in this great condition. These are real gems with some VERY gradeable CGC books. These comics book for over $100 and due to their rarity, are steadily going UP in value...

Valiant comics are once again on the rise and are picking up steam on E-bay. Check out valiantcomics.com for more information! A great resource for what was a great comic book company. These books are getting harder and harder to find in good shape as they near the ten year mark...get 'em now, while you can! Books #2-5 have print runs of less than 35,000 for each of these books! These comics have been bagged and boarded ever since I got them 9+ years ago and are in NM+ condition.

Thanks for looking, and happy bidding! Buyer to pay $3.85 for Priority 2-3 day shipping. International shipping is $7.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

I can't beleive you are trying to pitch us on Valiant being on the rise and to check out this site..... :?:

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

looks like all he did was a cut and paste from his auction write up... idiot. :evil:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

myron wrote:looks like all he did was a cut and paste from his auction write up... idiot. :evil:
Careful Myron. This guy went off on a bunch of us in the past because we questioned the ethics of putting CGC in the title when there were no CGC books being auctioned ... and he admittedly only put CGC in there to get more attention for his auctions. The use this time will be justified because they "can be graded by CGC" ... they can also be used to line the bottom of a birdcage but I see no mention of that in the title!

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Sweet no only to do spam this board, but you also spam ebay.
[RANT]KEYWORD SPAMMING IS AGAINST EBAY POLICIES! If everyone was like you ebay would be completely useless. Everyone who wanted to see your auction would have seen it when you put the comic title and the number in the auction title. No need to spam. All you are doing is pi$$ing people off. Well you are doing a good job at that. I guess some people will never learn since we told you all of this the last time that you spammed this board.[/RANT]

sorry guys but this guy is retarded. The same without anyone else who keyword spams...it makes the ebay search useless...Checkout my new auction for "Rai valiant magnus solar harbinger barbie hot wheels cgc star wars star trek georgia bulldogs ohio state miami vintage adidas nike jordan" Now I will get tons of hits....

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/lis ... words.html

myron
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

DawgPhan wrote:Sweet no only to do spam this board, but you also spam ebay.
[RANT]KEYWORD SPAMMING IS AGAINST EBAY POLICIES! If everyone was like you ebay would be completely useless. Everyone who wanted to see your auction would have seen it when you put the comic title and the number in the auction title. No need to spam. All you are doing is pi$$ing people off. Well you are doing a good job at that. I guess some people will never learn since we told you all of this the last time that you spammed this board.[/RANT]

sorry guys but this guy is retarded. The same without anyone else who keyword spams...it makes the ebay search useless...Checkout my new auction for "Rai valiant magnus solar harbinger barbie hot wheels cgc star wars star trek georgia bulldogs ohio state miami vintage adidas nike jordan" Now I will get tons of hits....

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/lis ... words.html
ROFLMAO... :lol:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

XO
Ok little ones....

Post by XO »

You guys need to grow up. I'm selling freaking COMIC BOOKS for Christ sake!!! Ya'll act like I just slapped you in the face or something. Grow up children...

tssgery
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by tssgery »

You guys need to grow up. I'm selling freaking COMIC BOOKS for Christ sake!!! Ya'll act like I just slapped you in the face or something. Grow up children...
One mans comic book is another man's holy grail.

When you put all these keywords in your titles it makes it much harder for people to find what they're looking for as well as possibly misleading customers who look at your auctions.

just my two cents...

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

This wonderful gentleman sent me a PM. I do not know what it says because I deleted it, but I should have read it. I am sure that it would have been very insightful about how keyowrd spamming is alright as long as you only do it a little bit. Sorry i missed that.

R Daneel

Post by R Daneel »

DawgPhan wrote:This wonderful gentleman sent me a PM. I do not know what it says because I deleted it, but I should have read it. I am sure that it would have been very insightful about how keyowrd spamming is alright as long as you only do it a little bit. Sorry i missed that.
Apparently it is OK because he is "selling freaking COMIC BOOKS for Christ sake." Since he is doing it for the sake of Christ, I stand corrected, no objections here.

:roll:

Ax
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Ax »

R Daneel wrote:they can also be used to line the bottom of a birdcage but I see no mention of that in the title!
I've had "birdcage lining" in my favorite searches for a few months now. For some reason it doesn't come up too often.

R Daneel

Post by R Daneel »

Ax wrote:
R Daneel wrote:they can also be used to line the bottom of a birdcage but I see no mention of that in the title!
I've had "birdcage lining" in my favorite searches for a few months now. For some reason it doesn't come up too often.
Maybe try "firewood kindling" or "paper airplane infrastructure"?

tssgery

Post by tssgery »

In all fairness, I don't have a problem with the mention of low print runs, rarity, or this website within the body of an auction. Many sellers are doing the same thing and it just doesn't bother me.

What really gets me is the extraneous search-bait in the title.

Of course, XO is not the only offender. I recently saw an auction titled 'Huge Magnus Lot - Valiant - Rare"... that only included 6 comics... all commons. Hardly huge or rare.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

tssgery wrote:In all fairness, I don't have a problem with the mention of low print runs, rarity, or this website within the body of an auction. Many sellers are doing the same thing and it just doesn't bother me.

What really gets me is the extraneous search-bait in the title.

Of course, XO is not the only offender. I recently saw an auction titled 'Huge Magnus Lot - Valiant - Rare"... that only included 6 comics... all commons. Hardly huge or rare.
I think the problem is that he spammed this board with information from this site. I mean it would seem to reason that we all know that these books might have low print runs or whatnot. I mean we are posting on the message board of a website whose sole purpose is to provide that type of information.
As for the keyword spamming...saying something is huge is not as bad as puting cgc since terms like rare and huge are subjective and who really searches for "rare" on ebay. Tons of very uptight people search for "cgc" everyday. Putting "cgc" in the auction title ensures that your auction will be brought up when it really should not. This is spamming. Since no really searches for adjectives(huge, rare, red, VHTF...etc...) they are not that bad. You were looking for magnus comic books your search brought up an auction for magnus comic books...if you were searching for a CGC 9.4 Magnus 12 and some jack leg had titled his auction "Magnus 12 cgc 9.4(ready)" then this auction would come up...it is not what you were looking for. this is spamming...it could easily render ebay useless if everyone did it...mark it down as number 2 on my list of ebay problems...#1 being shipping profiteers/passing on paypal fees

Ax

Post by Ax »

R Daneel wrote:
Ax wrote:
Maybe try "firewood kindling" or "paper airplane infrastructure"?
"oatmeal substitute"