PayPal Help

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF
PayPal Help

Post by MedicAR »

Ok, I got robbed on deal on eBay. The seller called a book VF when it was G/VG due to water damage.

I've gone through the claims process with PayPal. They've granted me a refund, but they say this in their last email to me, "Please note that we may be unable to make a full recovery of your payment from the seller, as we are limited by the terms of our buyer protection policies."

What the....? I've read the policy, I've met the guidelines, how can I still not get a full refund????

Any ideas?

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I just went through the same thing, I won my Paypal claim, but the guy had no money in his account, so you basically get nothing from Paypal.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, the next step is to file a chargeback with your credit card company over the charge.

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

That's what I was afraid of. Even if this loser has nothing in the account, I'll have to ship the book back, wait, and then find out I've been robbed of the return postage too?

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Yes. Is it just one book? If I have to ship books back, I frequently, and with ZERO SHAME, keep just enough to cover (what I feel they're worth, based on what I paid) what return shipping will be.

Then, I send it to PAYPAL, since THEY are the merchant of record.

Your seller gets screwed out of the returned books for a VERY long time, Paypal has NO clue what to do with it, and you get your money back.

Problem solved.

People wanna play hardball...play hardball.

(Obviously, if the lot is, say, X-Men #94, 203, 209, 247, and 284, I don't keep the 94. That's not fair.)

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Yes, it's just one book.

Let me get this straight, I ship the book to PayPal. That way, there is a record of it being in the mail and being received. Then, once it show delivered, they refund me. And to top it all off, they sit on the book for awhile trying to figure out what to do with it?

Dang, that's clever.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

MagnusRF wrote:Yes, it's just one book.

Let me get this straight, I ship the book to PayPal. That way, there is a record of it being in the mail and being received. Then, once it show delivered, they refund me. And to top it all off, they sit on the book for awhile trying to figure out what to do with it?

Dang, that's clever.
No. You ship it to Paypal. Your CREDIT CARD company, with proof of shipment, issues a chargeback.

Paypal will NEVER refund you.