OFFICIAL Sign Up for the Dead Universe Cover Scan Project...

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!

Post by Lightning Strike »

Knightt wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:Would there be a bandwidth problem trying to archive a ton of scans for all these DUs?

What about a link to the Mile High database for the particular publisher with fill in scans for the ones that are either lacking scans or are not listed as existing?

:?
I would rather 'link' to what 'we' have done and I have PM'ed with Greg about this, we can work something out. I am not fond of linking to others work right now and besides, we would have to get MileHighs permission AND have the free advertising for them.

My plan is to have all original scans.
Agreed. I'd rather have original scans as well. It's annoying when you look at a scan from their site and see "Mile High Comics" scrolled across the bottom of the scan.

Smashey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by Smashey »

Makes sense. Just so you know, my crossgen and new universe is mostly from ccl. Joe ok'ed me to use them. Anything I couldnt find on ccl, i found elsewhere, and hosted the image myself. What I like about ccl's images is that they dont have any type of ccl banner on them. Anywhere else you look, mile high, lonestar, etc, they have their company name on the image. So whether its from ccl, or my own scan, theres no difference.

If we were to utilize ccl, I think we could save alot of time, and have the exact same results. He pretty much shrugged it off like he didnt care. Just said to say where I got the scans from. A one sentence saying thankyou to Joe is sufficient.

Up to you though. If someone else is willing to scan them, could always modify it. I wont be able to help on that part for now. I dont own a scanner, and have no clue on how to use one. If i ever make a jump into the modern age, I will get a scanner and learn how to use it.

I would be more than happy to do some more checklists. Big ones, small ones, I dont care. I have fun, and gives me something to do while my kids asleep and Im awake bored. If we need to scan them ourself, I will need to hold off for now until I become modernized.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Smashey wrote:
Makes sense. Just so you know, my crossgen and new universe is mostly from ccl. Joe ok'ed me to use them. Anything I couldnt find on ccl, i found elsewhere, and hosted the image myself. What I like about ccl's images is that they dont have any type of ccl banner on them. Anywhere else you look, mile high, lonestar, etc, they have their company name on the image. So whether its from ccl, or my own scan, theres no difference.

If we were to utilize ccl, I think we could save alot of time, and have the exact same results. He pretty much shrugged it off like he didnt care. Just said to say where I got the scans from. A one sentence saying thankyou to Joe is sufficient.

Up to you though. If someone else is willing to scan them, could always modify it. I wont be able to help on that part for now. I dont own a scanner, and have no clue on how to use one. If i ever make a jump into the modern age, I will get a scanner and learn how to use it.

I would be more than happy to do some more checklists. Big ones, small ones, I dont care. I have fun, and gives me something to do while my kids asleep and Im awake bored. If we need to scan them ourself, I will need to hold off for now until I become modernized.
We will be using your work for quite some time to come. :thumb:

Smashey

Post by Smashey »

allrighty, when i finally get a scanner, ill scan my little heart away to replace some scans

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Lightning Strike wrote:
Knightt wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:Would there be a bandwidth problem trying to archive a ton of scans for all these DUs?

What about a link to the Mile High database for the particular publisher with fill in scans for the ones that are either lacking scans or are not listed as existing?

I would rather 'link' to what 'we' have done and I have PM'ed with Greg about this, we can work something out. I am not fond of linking to others work right now and besides, we would have to get MileHighs permission AND have the free advertising for them.

Agreed. I'd rather have original scans as well. It's annoying when you look at a scan from their site and see "Mile High Comics" scrolled across the bottom of the scan.
Fine by me.

Now we just need to decide if Comico is a dead universe (or just the Grendel books in particular since that is what I have to contribute).

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well, I think Comico is a 'DU'... but man, there are SO many books. Same as Innovation. How about we use Comico and Innovation as Dead Universes but start with the titles that we collect i.e. Elementals, Justice Machine, Hero Alliance, Grendel and etc. How does that sound ?

To be honest, I am not willing to take on Comico and Innovation as there are MANY titles that I would NEVER read. I just cannot see me curling up with a cup of tea, a box of tissues, soft music and a few issues of Innovation's Beauty & The Beast. :wink:

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Knightt wrote:Well, I think Comico is a 'DU'... but man, there are SO many books. Same as Innovation. How about we use Comico and Innovation as Dead Universes but start with the titles that we collect i.e. Elementals, Justice Machine, Hero Alliance, Grendel and etc. How does that sound ?
I have the full run of Innovation's Beauty & The Beast. I LOVED that book!
Knightt wrote:To be honest, I am not willing to take on Comico and Innovation as there are MANY titles that I would NEVER read. I just cannot see me curling up with a cup of tea, a box of tissues, soft music and a few issues of Innovation's Beauty & The Beast. :wink:
I mean, uhm, my wife thought the art was pretty? Yeah, that's what I meant. :oops: :oops:

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Heath wrote:
Knightt wrote:Well, I think Comico is a 'DU'... but man, there are SO many books. Same as Innovation. How about we use Comico and Innovation as Dead Universes but start with the titles that we collect i.e. Elementals, Justice Machine, Hero Alliance, Grendel and etc. How does that sound ?
Knightt wrote:To be honest, I am not willing to take on Comico and Innovation as there are MANY titles that I would NEVER read. I just cannot see me curling up with a cup of tea, a box of tissues, soft music and a few issues of Innovation's Beauty & The Beast. :wink:
I mean, uhm, my wife thought the art was pretty? Yeah, that's what I meant. :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Squirrel
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by Squirrel »

Just a point to smash this, if we have this on this site, the scans from Mile High all are tagged as mile High...sends a mixed message to people who will cross into this site and think we are a part of them.
Too much hassle and not worth the hassle.
(by no means to I mean to slam your idea....but i guess I did :oops: )

Also, I'll be more then happy to scan what I have in the Ultraverse stuff, mostly 'Rune', 'Lord Pumpkin', 'Sludge' & 'Prime' titles, not many rares, but it will free someone up to scan others and not have to worry about them :?
Last edited by Squirrel on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:45:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Squirrel
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by Squirrel »

Also, I have a couple original art pages from Sludge and Lord Pumpkin....I'll snap a photo of those and we can work them in somewhere maybe? :?

If not, no foul :banana:

Rocket2600
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Rocket2600 »

I have a very detailed Innovation page here.
If anyone has comics they can scan that are in the yellow boxes please upload them at my CC site. :wink:

http://www.comiccovers.net/Innovation.html

Draco

Post by Draco »

Rocket2600 wrote:I have a very detailed Innovation page here.
If anyone has comics they can scan that are in the yellow boxes please upload them at my CC site. :wink:

http://www.comiccovers.net/Innovation.html
Dude, that is a seriously cool site.

i might lose a few hours browsing.

cheers for that

Ian

tssgery
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by tssgery »

tssgery wrote:I'm not sure it's a DU, but I can do Event Comics if people are interested.
Was anyone interested in the Event Comics line?

Maybe not *SQUEE* no-one even commented :(

Draco

Post by Draco »

tssgery wrote:
tssgery wrote:I'm not sure it's a DU, but I can do Event Comics if people are interested.
Was anyone interested in the Event Comics line?

Maybe not *SQUEE* no-one even commented :(
I think if Comico and Innovation etc make it then maybe Event should too.

What do you think Chris?

:thumb: or down

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

I'm interested in helping (perhaps with First and PC, although First is another big one), but at this point have no functional scanner. :o Perhaps after sdcc. I'm also not complete on either of those, but I've got some good starts. I would also love to see Comico done. There are at least three Grendel HC's put out by them, and three Mage HC's put out by Graphitti when Comico was still around. I've got two of the six. And one of the five(?) First HC's, which I am fairly actively looking for, let me know if anyone sees them!

Lightning Strike

Knightt wrote:SIGN UP SHEET UPDATED
Knightt, do you want to pencil me in for Milestone? Once I see my name on the sheet, I'll start scanning. :)

Draco

Post by Draco »

:bump:

:)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I'm gonna update this thing... I swear. :thumb:

Draco

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:I'm gonna update this thing... I swear. :thumb:
All in good time dude.

:thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

You KNOW it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Where are we at on this... what do I need to do ? Put together a 'responsibilities list' ?

Lightning Strike

Knightt wrote:Where are we at on this... what do I need to do ? Put together a 'responsibilities list' ?
Yep :thumb:

Draco

Post by Draco »

:bump:

Im desperate to get going on this madness.

Anyone else got time to start up with some scanning etc.

im ready to make excel sheets so what about the rest of you guys.

Draco

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

Draco wrote::bump:

Im desperate to get going on this madness.

Anyone else got time to start up with some scanning etc.

im ready to make excel sheets so what about the rest of you guys.

Draco

No doubt I will be dragged into this because of my proximity to and the amount of time I spend with Draco.

Damn, the things my sidekick gets me into.

Put my name down skipper.

Drift

Post by Drift »

Heath wrote:
Have you got the stuff that First put out after Innovation were done with it?