Childhood memory- please identify

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Childhood memory- please identify

Post by lobo »

When I was young (under 10 YR), two comic stories always stuck in my head. This is when I read comics rarely and long before I read them on a consistant basis.
The first was Captain america #246. The issue is fodder to the collectors but very impressionable on a young kid. I have fond memories of it. (Trying to find a NM+ copy of by the way.

The second comic I need help identifying. It was a Batman story (Batman or detective) from probably the late 70s. It was about a vampire villian attacking Gothomites and Batman hunting him down. The climax of the book had Batman punching out the vampires fangs with one blow. Matches Malone also made an appearance. That's all I can remember about the book and I've been trying to find it ever since!

Wrack your brains Batman fans and help me out! :wink:

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

Was the vampire character called Manbat in this issue?

Boda

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

There's a vampire type villain in Detective 528, 1981. There's also something along those lines in Batman #351 (with a GREAT Bats/Vampire cover) from 1982.

Also...Cap 246? Just a filler issue. Do you mean #241 (Punisher, Miller cover) or #247 (the start of a Byrne run when he was GOOD) ?

lobo

Post by lobo »

BodaZoffa wrote:Was the vampire character called Manbat in this issue?

Boda
I thought about the Manbat but I'm sure it was not him.

lobo

Post by lobo »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:There's a vampire type villain in Detective 528, 1981. There's also something along those lines in Batman #351 (with a GREAT Bats/Vampire cover) from 1982.

Also...Cap 246? Just a filler issue. Do you mean #241 (Punisher, Miller cover) or #247 (the start of a Byrne run when he was GOOD) ?
Zephyr... thanks, I'll look into those.
Yep it was Cap #246. 'I think it was titled 'A guy named Joe' but you are right, just a filler issue that stuck with me.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

lobo wrote: Yep it was Cap #246. 'I think it was titled 'A guy named Joe' but you are right, just a filler issue that stuck with me.
Oh, sure, I have lots of those. In fact, the only comic book I ever remember having as a kid was Rom #47...something about that cover just scared the hell out of me, and it's one of my favorite issues to date. Nothing special, no guest appearances...just the issue when Bill Mantlo got off his *SQUEE* and wrote one of the BEST damn series of the 80's.

Seriously, Rom #47-#75 is one of the coolest runs of comics of all....those Dire Wraiths FINALLY lived up to their names.

Wooohoo!

twofour
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by twofour »

Man I forgot all about Rom. I used to love the Defenders and Power Man and Iron Fist. That was the best!!!

twofour