Where to start...

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.
Where to start...

Post by Unblessed »

Ok, we'll start in 1993. I got a subscription to Magnus Robot Fighter starting with #22. I stayed on until Magnus killed Rai and the Melv war ended. Then I stopped collecting. :o

Flash forward to 2000/2001. I was crusing eBay one day in college and saw a Magnus #12 with a BIN of $2.50. So, I scooped it up. It was is super awesome condition. I then found Greg's site. :thumb:

I moved to Georgia for some work related training and was re-energized when the 1st Bloodshot Platinum went up on eBay. Then my job made me move to Korea. Away from the comic shops. :( Before I left I set up some subs at a local comic shop for Liberty Meadows, TMNT [Mirage Studios], all Batman, and all Superman.

I still was collecting. I went a little wild when mycomicshop.com had their sale in 2003. Scooped up some more pre-Unity Solar, Magnus, and Harbingers for cheap. :)

Then in May 2003, I bought a car. The discussions on the old boards back then had been about re-viving Valiant as a company, not these 1 shot fan projects. So ended my Valiant collecting and interest for about a year and a half. :|

Now, a year and a half later, I have my car, am back in the states... currently fighting with customs about the car [that's a whole nuther story]. With the payments I have, my comic budget is a little thin at the moment. :(

If you want to quit the comic addiction, buy something you can barely afford. 8-)

~The Unblessed Soul