Harada

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote: Goat
Sup?
Remember the 80's?
Hey, it's 80s rocker David Lee Roth!
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh!!!

Zaphod
Zaphod's just this guy, you know?
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Zaphod »

ManofTheAtom wrote:I expect them to use them, I just don't expect them to want to force them to co exist in the same universe, specially when the concepts contradict each other.

Goat

Legion

First word.
Multiverse. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

MProyas wrote:
ManofTheAtom wrote:I expect them to use them, I just don't expect them to want to force them to co exist in the same universe, specially when the concepts contradict each other.

Goat

Legion

First word.
Multiverse. Learn it. Live it. Love it.
No thanks.

Comic book multiverses are migraine headache inducing crappy idea that has (and still) never been done right to make a bunch of middle age fanboys turned writers a chance to relive their childhood at the expense of mine,by basically using it to bring back to back stupid out-of-date concepts and characters who died and most of which should have stayed dead. It sucked in 60s, it sucked in 80s, and guess what? It still sucks today.

If VEI lanuched Valiant as multiverse then I wouldn't waste my money and time with them.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

What he said.

Zaphod
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Zaphod »

Well I don't know any other way to address what VEI has purchased is essentially a multiverse. What they do with it should prove interesting.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

MProyas wrote:Well I don't know any other way to address what VEI has purchased is essentially a multiverse. What they do with it should prove interesting.
This is really a non-issue.

From day 1 VEI made it clear that their intent is to return the characters to their pre-Acclaim state, so we can forget about seeing VH 2 and VH 1 fight it out for the readers to decide which version they want in a poll.

The only debatable issue is what VEI meant by pre-Acclaim, if pre-adquisition (i.e. pre- Birthquake), or pre-reboot (i.e. pre-VH 2).

I say that the only barometer to judge that is the Origin of Harada story, which if seen as the first foundation of what it is to come then I think what we can expect to see is a continuation of the original VALIANT universe

On the other hand, if they ever do a VH 2 Darque Passages hardcover with the four issue mini series, the Master Darque one shot, and a new story that continues that storyline, then we can worry about a multiverse.

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

ManofTheAtom wrote:From day 1 VEI made it clear that their intent is to return the characters to their pre-Acclaim state, so we can forget about seeing VH 2 and VH 1 fight it out for the readers to decide which version they want in a poll.
Did they? I don't recall this being announced or stated.

If they did say something, did they perhaps mean that they wanted to take Valiant to pre-Acclaim glory? Or did they specifically mean pre-Acclaim "state".
[The only debatable issue is what VEI meant by pre-Acclaim, if pre-adquisition (i.e. pre- Birthquake), or pre-reboot (i.e. pre-VH 2).
Well, I would say it could be debated on HOW they want to do it. IE, just ignore everything post-aquisition, or try to reconcile it (again still needing to answer your question of what post-acquisition actually means, though). You can just ignore any potential multiverse, or you can try to "eliminate" it (sort of like Unity 2000 was presumably trying to do).

Chris

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Did they? I don't recall this being announced or stated.

If they did say something, did they perhaps mean that they wanted to take Valiant to pre-Acclaim glory? Or did they specifically mean pre-Acclaim "state".
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.p ... adid=32699
The group of investors has expressed an interest in returning the characters to their original pre-Acclaim state.
Well, I would say it could be debated on HOW they want to do it. IE, just ignore everything post-aquisition, or try to reconcile it (again still needing to answer your question of what post-acquisition actually means, though). You can just ignore any potential multiverse, or you can try to "eliminate" it (sort of like Unity 2000 was presumably trying to do).
The easiest solution is the preferable solution. Just dimiss everything after X-O Manowar #68 as comics within the VALIANT Universe.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Originally posted by Kamandi2
Wouldn't it be interesting if we found out the 3 new owners were also the ones behind the trademarking of the names :o ?
All Matt Brady has to do is ask his legal advisor...
Very telling Rich, as Mike Lovitz is an attorney, and there are ethical rules and privileges between lawyers and their clients - you know, things like one attorney cannot tell a clinet about the business, or even identities of their other clients.

Of course then, there is the non-irony of you suggesting someone should shun their ethics for a story.

MattB
Even back then Rich Johnson knew the truth.