An Open Apology To ALL From Vault-Keeper

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Wizard of Utopia
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
An Open Apology To ALL From Vault-Keeper

Post by Wizard of Utopia »

To all board members & guests:

I sincerely apologize.

I am sorry for the totally uncalled for & crappy remarks that I've made in the past which caused Greg to ban me. I have no intention of defending a single one of my bad remarks, nor am I pointing a finger towards anyone but myself. No matter what happened, or what was posted, it was my choice to respond, & I have only myself to blame for the consequences.

I am also sorry for re-registering under a new name without direct permission from Greg. I'm sure he's known it was me all along, just like many others of you. I've never denied it, except once in jest, when I said I was really Ken, so I haven't been out to fool anyone or think that I'm pulling one off (so to speak).

I have been a fool for my past actions. I should have always kept the positive outlook on all remarks & never posted a response with any negative or inflammatory remarks. I have become wiser through my own stupidity, & feel that I have made character modifications which has eliminated the bad VK, & enhanced the good VK.

The bottom line is I'm very sorry for what I've done, & I'd like my apology to extend to all members old & new, & especially to Greg. You did what you had to. And I, for one, am very ashamed that I had to bring you to such a decision when you banned me. I am so sorry for what I've put you through.

I will leave if you want me to go. I'd like to stay, but everyone is right....rules are rules, & under the condition which I was banned, I have no right to be here at all. It's entirely up to you Greg, & I will abide with whatever your verdict is. I have written to you in private, so you already know how I feel.

To anyone I've personally offended, please try to forgive me for being such an *SQUEE*.

To X-omatic: I personally think you're a very knowledgable & talented artist. I would much rather have you for a friend than an enemy. You don't have to like or forgive me, just know I was in the wrong & you'll never hear another bad word from me again.

To Zephyr: You are also very knowledgable & I find nearly all your posts to be interesting. I have learned some interesting stuff from you. We had the worst fights & I wish we could forget all of them. I hope we can get along because I'd like to think that we could have some really good conversations if our circumstances had been different.

To Knightt: I consider you a friend, & I'm humbled that we are able to make constructive conversation at Defiant1's messageboard. I will cherish this new & positive communication we've opened. I promise that I'll do nothing to ever compromise it or make you regret it.

To Dawg-Phan: I'm sorry we never got it off on the right foot. I know you have your ideas about how I am, & I wish that you'd be open to the idea that people can change for the better. I hope we can become friends.

To Hillman: I am so sorry for our disagreement. I still wish there had been some way for me to buy your collection, but even more-so I wish that we could still be able to write to each other about the Valiant art that we both love so much. PS---Your baby girl is beautiful! Make sure you spoil her like every good daddy should! :)

And especially to Greg: I am so sorry for being such an *SQUEE*. You have done so much to keep Valiant alive in all our hearts. The loss of your friendship has been a big thing for me, & even though we have only known each other for short while, I feel like I've lost a life-long friend. Please find it in your heart to forgive me.

Well, that pretty much sums it all up. If you want me to leave, I will go & never post here again under any name whatsoever. You have my word on it. Should I be allowed to stay, I will never do anything to make anyone ever regret it. Thanks for reading this. Best regards to all---Steve G. (Vault-Keeper)

(PS---edit was to fix typos :o)
Last edited by Wizard of Utopia on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:22:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:atomic:VALIANT COMICS --Betcha Can't Eat Just One!:atomic:

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Welcome to the boards! :superstar: :applause:

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Steve,

Thank you for the apologies, both mine and those for others.

I have always maintained that the majority of your posts were
both positive and beneficial to the information available on ValiantComics.com.

As "Wizard of Utopia", you have not given me any reason to think that
you are incapable of positive contributions, or that you cannot maintain
the guidelines of this messageboard.

Please contribute to this site according to your own statements above,
and according to the guidelines referenced elsewhere:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3078

Again, thank you for the apologies.

Greg

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

8-) works for me :atomic: but I'm not one it needs to...

welcome :littlesmile:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Wizard of Utopia

Thank you so much, Greg! I promise you will never regret the decision. Also, thanks Dawg, for your warm welcome. :) I hope everyone else feels the same. I truly regret the loss of friendship & the loss of friendships that could have been. I am happy to have the opportunity to change all that & try to develop lasting relationships. :) ---Steve

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

Knightt_333 wrote:That was an awesome public statement, Steve. Everything that was in the past... is in the past. I am willing to take that step forward in hopes of a better relationship and positive contribution to this message board.

I have fallen prey to flying off the handle and being pretty mouthy myself (and for that, I must apologize) so I say welcome back to the boards. And I honestly mean that...
WOW, its like a big group hug (therapy) with that apology Steve. Welcome back!

~justin
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

Knightt_333 wrote:Oh no... no man hugging today. I just watched my first episode of OZ last night and we will have none of THAT !! :)
LMAO!!!!

~A
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

hillmanthe2nd
Re: An Open Apology To ALL From Vault-Keeper

Post by hillmanthe2nd »

Wizard of Utopia wrote:To all board members & guests:

I sincerely apologize.

ITo Hillman: I am so sorry for our disagreement. I still wish there had been some way for me to buy your collection, but even more-so I wish that we could still be able to write to each other about the Valiant art that we both love so much. PS---Your baby girl is beautiful! Make sure you spoil her like every good daddy should! :)
Hey Steve, welcome back. No hard feelings here. I always enjoy talking about comic art (especially Valiant art) so feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Yes, she is a cutie and I just can't help but spoil her. Time is going by quick! She is already 5 weeks old tommorrow!

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

Welcome back Steve, I am glad this is all working out.

Feel the love on the boards now :cloud9:
Been dying to use that emoticon.

soundoftheuniverse
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by soundoftheuniverse »

Welcome back Steve!

Cudos, you did the right thing. You're a bigger man than most.

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Jaknife »

how dare you call him fat after that speech. i mean, geez, he lays his heart on the line and you reply saying hes obese. people these days, i just dont understand em. :thumb:

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

something that runs rampant online is the "emotionless tone of text" phenomenon. now i'm not saying that everything said by vault and others wasn't done in anger, but certainly some of the things i remember vault saying weren't said in anger or in mean spirits...but they were taken that way, which was easy given the heated nature of some of the discussions.
i think we all, myself included need to simply extend the benefit of the doubt to our fellow board members. we can disagree with each other and not resort to hateful feelings towards each other.
as for vaults apology, i accept it in full and i welcome him back to our community with open arms...welcome back steve.
WWSLJD, MF?

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

A toast to a new start!

johnpaulbill
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by johnpaulbill »

:thumb: Yay! We can all be friends now!!!! Whoo-hoo!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!! :D

Welcome back Steve!
Smile----it makes others wonder what you're up to!

GJB
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by GJB »

You add a lot of great Valiant lore and insight to these boards Steve, Welcome back! :)

P.S. I still have an art brochure for you.

Escaflown4
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

Admitting fault is sometimes the hardest thing to do, but it's also the right thing to do. Welcome back :D

RyanMcLelland
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: Since Super Mario SE #1
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by RyanMcLelland »

Of course I have no clue what all this was about. Guess I should lurk more.

But, um...I heard Vault Keeper was talking junk about my mom. Called her big fat and ugly! It may be true but it still hurt my feelings. Sniff. And then he ripped up my Magnus Robot Fighter VS. Predator TPB! Don't be fooled...HE'S A MONSTER!!!! It was a mint condition copy!!!! NM STILL IN THE BAG!

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

RyanMcLelland wrote:Of course I have no clue what all this was about. Guess I should lurk more.

But, um...I heard Vault Keeper was talking junk about my mom. Called her big fat and ugly! It may be true but it still hurt my feelings. Sniff. And then he ripped up my Magnus Robot Fighter VS. Predator TPB! Don't be fooled...HE'S A MONSTER!!!! It was a mint condition copy!!!! NM STILL IN THE BAG!
You think that's bad...! He "Dutch Ovened" my mother on Mother's Day... Oh wait... that was Depluto. Never mind.

Wizard of Utopia

RyanMcLelland wrote:Of course I have no clue what all this was about. Guess I should lurk more.

LOL, Ryan! Yeah, I did all that after poisoning Arafat in Paris, & then throwing a Coke on Ron Artest in Detroit! I think I was spotted on a grassy knoll in Dallas back in '63, also! :)

MAJOR THANKS for the GREAT welcome back, my friends. It is appreciated more than you'll ever know! <sniff>
And thanks to you once again, Greg!
(Does this mean you'll add my inventories back to the list??) :)
Last edited by Wizard of Utopia on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:28:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

I'm the kind of guy who loves to watch violence and bloodshed but every now and again it's nice when people act like adults and can bury the hatchet. Welcome back Steve.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

BodaZoffa wrote:You think that's bad...! He "Dutch Ovened" my mother on Mother's Day... Oh wait... that was Depluto. Never mind.
If I were to drop a Dutch Oven on your mother, she would still be asleep. :twisted:

Technique
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!

Post by Technique »

Knightt_333 wrote:OK are we done yet ? Feeling the need to go and watch COPS now... :twisted:
Hey Chris, I like you new avatar. It makes you look like your rump is on fire. Cool.

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

<sniff, sniff> Group Hug. :cry: :littlesmile:
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Wildman Steve G. is back!

(Um, is this going to turn out like that parable about the frog and the scorpion? I sure hope not! :hope: )

Personally, I've had dealings with just about everyone on this board either as a seller, buyer or trading partner (including ALL parties to the past blow-ups), and so far not one of you has disappointed me in any way. And isn't that what really counts?

Welcome back, bygones, etc., etc.! (heaven help us!) :atomic:
:hm:

Wizard of Utopia

mrwoogieman wrote:Wildman Steve G. is back!

(Um, is this going to turn out like that parable about the frog and the scorpion? I sure hope not! :hope: )

Personally, I've had dealings with just about everyone on this board either as a seller, buyer or trading partner (including ALL parties to the past blow-ups), and so far not one of you has disappointed me in any way. And isn't that what really counts?

Welcome back, bygones, etc., etc.! (heaven help us!) :atomic:
Wildman????......um....OK....I like it! :)

Thank you, Woo!