Valiant Comics Bittorrent...?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl!

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Knightt_333 wrote:I'll be working on that soon... as soon as my 'honey do' list is finished.

:)

Bit Tornado or Shareza
try shareaza and then go to z-cult...worked right away for me
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

myron

Post by myron »

myron wrote:
Knightt_333 wrote:I'll be working on that soon... as soon as my 'honey do' list is finished.

:)

Bit Tornado or Shareza
try shareaza and then go to z-cult...worked right away for me
course at this rate it will take 600+ hours! :P

common guys ... open up

kelargo
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?

Post by kelargo »

on that cult fm site, there three valiant torrents.

the 3.5 is okay.
the eternal warrior is okay

and the 5 gig one is crap. I get a file error, too.

Discovery
2 posts down, 2 million to go
2 posts down, 2 million to go

Post by Discovery »

kelargo wrote:and the 5 gig one is crap. I get a file error, too.
I find it amazing how it wasn't until Knightt_333 finally posted "it is AWESOME" that someone actually said something gracious and positive about this torrent.

It took our team quite a few months to complete the scan work. And another person has jumped in with special torrents that offer each Valiant issue in chronological order. Whether you get the giga-torrent at 5.16 gigabytes, or the collection of chronological torrents (which DON'T include all of the rescans/updates/fixes we put into the giga-torrent files) it's a GREAT time for Valiant fans. (If you missed my Defiant Comics torrent months ago, we've actually completed scanning/seeding 99% of all Defiant titles as a large torrent offering.)

In fact, we're adding a separate torrent for the "Outcast" one-shot special which was accidentally omitted from the giga-torrent. (And we basically need a scan of "Deathmate Pink" to have a near-complete set of issues, discounting the reprints/compilations.)

I'm not expecting anyone to kiss arse, although I'm disappointed to visit this Valiant site and see some of the comments. There's nothing wrong with the torrent, nor the tracker. If you're having problems, re-evaluate your choice of BitTorrent client, plus your network connection (and speed).

Over a dozen people have successfully completed downloads of this torrent. The private feedback has been very thankful, very supportive of the effort to digitally preserve these issues. And we're not making a single cent from any of it. If anything, our electric bills and bandwidth are taking significant hits from supporting it.

Crap? Bah! :P

-Discovery

kelargo

Post by kelargo »

Im sorry. Im not able to load that torrent.

I am grateful that it is there.

Not trying to flame.

kelargo
error message

Post by kelargo »

what client are people able to use to successfully download the 5 gig torrent?

with shareaza, I get "file error"

with the official bittorrent client I get something more descriptive:
"trouble accessing files - [errno 24] Too many open files: 'H:\\Valiant Comics\\Solar Man of the Atom\\Solar Man of the Atom #15.cbz'

I only specified the path the H:\

again, Im sorry for the manner in which I conveyed the error in the previous post.

kelargo

Post by kelargo »

that one seems to work

again, I appologize for my harsh words.

and again, I am grateful for the offering of this.

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

*whew*

Been downloading for 4 days & I am up to 3.125 GB out of the 5.159 GB. I shoud have it in a couple of days, & be able to put the ENTIRE VH1 collection on disc for everyone. I'm going to mess around with compressing the file when I get it. If not, I'll have to put it onto 2 discs.

Boda

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

Knightt_333 wrote:Boda, it took me about 4 days... I am wondering if you can copy the files that you have into your downloading folder and it will recognize them as being part of the torrent and it will just download what you need to fill it all in ? I have done that before on other torrents (comics).
I don't think it will work here. Files like this are either 100% complete or there not. If I have 99.99% of it complete, I still can't do anything with it. With Mpegs & AVIs you can do this. You can pull the movie out. It will be incomplete, but you can still watch what you got.

I should'nt have any problems getting this within the next couple of days.

Boda

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
I discovered platinum in Indiana.

Post by Zero »

Knightt_333 wrote: I also got your Defiant torrent about a month ago... again, I was just about slap happy when the DL finished and I was able to peruse what I had. Again, great job... what are the chances of getting a VH2 or VH3 torrent ? or even a Broadway torrent ???

In PMs I have gotten a lot of positive feedback about your torrent so dont think it has gone un-appreciated. It has been there all along... you have my many thanks for your hard work.

I would be more than happy to drop some more $$ on a second disc/discs with Defiant, Broadway, & all the Acclaim stuff! I have all these issues too, but have the same problems locating them as I do my Valiant books. I would be VERY appreciative of anyone who would undertake to make me a copy of these books on disc. Thanks, ~Erskine

myron

Post by myron »

Is the defiant torrent still available...I know I can check it myself...Image

gotta let my machine at home rest awhile though...5+ days for the 5.2 gig valiant torrent had me running slow...can't wait till I get a chance to view some of itImage :thumb:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Is it bad form to ditch a torrent when everyone else on there is a seed?

BTW, nice work Discovery

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

depluto wrote:Is it bad form to ditch a torrent when everyone else on there is a seed?

BTW, nice work Discovery

The one downfall to bittorrent is that it you have to download it while the file is hot. There has to be a momentum going for the particuliar file you are looking for. Once that files popularity goes away, the possiblility of downloading it also goes away.

I always keep my seeds open for about 3 days after I've finished downloading. This gives others a chance to get ahold of it. Once people start closing their seeds, the download disapears almost for good.

Anyways..... 6hrs until I have the 5GB Valiant file....!!! This is probably the biggest file I have ever downloaded. Wow!

Boda