Think I got just burned on ebay....

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Escaflown4
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Think I got just burned on ebay....

Post by Escaflown4 »

What seemed liked a good deal turns out to be too good to be true.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2253237005

The guy was very responsive thru email right until I sent him the payment. More then three weeks go by and I still haven't seen the books yet. I emailed the guy every other day starting since the second week and never got a single response back. In any case, just letting you all beware on bidding on his future items. I've already filed a report thru ebay and paypal, but I doubt I will be seeing any of my money back. :cry:

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

You can request his phone number on eBay, & give him a call. I have had incidents in the past where e-mail accounts have spammed out my messages. His feedback looks legit.

Boda

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Media Mail sucks!

And that might be all there is to this. Maybe give it a little more time.

tanord
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
media mail

Post by tanord »

Hi, if it makes you feel any better I just got my shipment through media mail today and the auction ended the same day as yours. There's still a chance. My stuff was sent through media mail as well. I have to admit though, I expected my stuff to arrive sooner because I only bought 1 comic.

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Yeah I would say give the guy a call...I would ask you for his address and I would swing by there next time I am in the area, but law reguires that everyone in Kennesaw own a gun and I dont care about your comics that much. :D I think that he mgiht be on the up and up...Give him and call and shoot him another email....if all else fails..I hope that you payed with a credit card...Doesnt seem like this auction would be worth it to screw someone over on...

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

Yeah the guy listed alot of stuff at the same time. It's pretty much obvious the guy just took off with the $$ and fled. Yet still all his stuff didnt really fetch much money to begin with. Why someone would throw away their life for some meager dollars is beyond my reasoning. I guess I'll just neg him like the others are doing now. Unfortunately I made a mistake and paid him with my checking account cuz PayPal was still verifying my new CC. I thought it was safe by looking at his feedback before all this happened. :cry:

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

well, it looks like he has sold plenty legitimatly before, maybe some crisis came up and he isn't around to deal with shipping a few books :/ you never know. But ya, i'd neg him, he can comment on it if he ever comes though :)

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

Eric Jackson wrote:well, it looks like he has sold plenty legitimatly before, maybe some crisis came up and he isn't around to deal with shipping a few books :/ you never know. But ya, i'd neg him, he can comment on it if he ever comes though :)
I hope you're right and that he will be back to ship out the stuff. On the other hand, I'm not sure the guy gonna care about his account anymore since his feedback has already been tanked. Other then that I'm gonna take this as a lesson to always pay via CC no matter how good the person's rep is. :(

andrew
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by andrew »

People do have lives outside of ebay. Death, illness, and accidents all come before a couple of comic books. To say that he obviously set up the auctions to take your money is a little ridiculous.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

andrew wrote:People do have lives outside of ebay. Death, illness, and accidents all come before a couple of comic books. To say that he obviously set up the auctions to take your money is a little ridiculous.
The funny thing is that those types of things happen all too often to bad ebayers....Is it karma? or are they lying? How many times have you heard this from a slow shipper. "My wife got very sick and I had to take her to the hospital and then my father died. Also my baby is sick and needs constant attention." Or something along those lines....if these things are really happening remind me NEVER to sell anything on ebay because aweful things happen to you when you do...

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

andrew wrote:People do have lives outside of ebay. Death, illness, and accidents all come before a couple of comic books. To say that he obviously set up the auctions to take your money is a little ridiculous.
Yes I agree people do have lives outside of ebay, but that doesn't mean they can just shove off the responsibility. I mean if the guy is going through some hard times and need to delay the shipping of the books, he could have at least sent me and the other people who won his auctions an email. As long as it is reasonable, I'm willing to wait. But to let all the people hanging in limbo waiting for nothing is just plain wrong. Wait til you get burned like this and let me know how you feel after weeks of waiting and not knowing whether the guy will ship the stuff to you as promised.

andrew

Post by andrew »

DawgPhan wrote: The funny thing is that those types of things happen all too often to bad ebayers....Is it karma?
It's a different story if it's a habitual problem. There are no previous indications that this guy is a "bad ebayer".
Escaflown4 wrote: Wait til you get burned like this and let me know how you feel after weeks of waiting and not knowing whether the guy will ship the stuff to you as promised.
I never said that you can't be angry or hurt.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

andrew wrote:
DawgPhan wrote: The funny thing is that those types of things happen all too often to bad ebayers....Is it karma?
It's a different story if it's a habitual problem. There are no previous indications that this guy is a "bad ebayer".
Escaflown4 wrote: Wait til you get burned like this and let me know how you feel after weeks of waiting and not knowing whether the guy will ship the stuff to you as promised.
I never said that you can't be angry or hurt.
Is not that the same person uses the same excuses over and over again. It is that any time something is slow there is a death or a serious illness. Never "sorry I goofed and it slipped my mind" or anything like that the problems are always serious. Anyone who has ever done a bunch of transaction over the internet has probable run into this type of excuse...trust me these people are not having problems other that being lazy or forgetfull...

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Request his member contact info and call him.
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... :h:fmem:US
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I've found that sometimes people will have serious computer problems and then they just let everything go, including ongoing eBay transactions. That's been used as an excuse before in some of my transactions. That's one I really don't buy because even if something goes wrong with your main computer, there's almost no reason why you couldn't get to another computer and access your e-mail, either use a relatives or go to the library or something along those lines.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Sadly, even something as hideous as a family member dying doesn't relieve you of your responsibilities to your customers. If you can't handle it, give it to someone who can. People die everyday, and your customer in Alabama doesn't know you or the person who died, and there's only so much sympathy and understanding they can give.

I've had people just SCREAM at me via e-mail that I was cold, uncaring, and a jerk, and how could I be so cold as to DARE ask about a BUSINESS transaction during this time of grief....

...and they'd had my money for two months.

Sorry, folks, that's just business.

andrew

Post by andrew »

DawgPhan wrote:
Is not that the same person uses the same excuses over and over again. It is that any time something is slow there is a death or a serious illness. Never "sorry I goofed and it slipped my mind" or anything like that the problems are always serious. Anyone who has ever done a bunch of transaction over the internet has probable run into this type of excuse...trust me these people are not having problems other that being lazy or forgetfull...
Well, the guy hasn't given a reason in this case, so it's a moot point, anyway.

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

Something good turned about on this auction. The seller recently responded to me telling me he had to step away for some family situation. He also apologized for not telling us what happened before he disappeared. I came back from vacation and saw his package. All the XO issues are accounted for. Guess I didn't get burned after all, but I did end up buying another XO lot thinking I got burned from this. Now I got like 2 sets of XO-preunities with 4 copies of XO#1. :shock:

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

Escaflown4 wrote:Something good turned about on this auction. The seller recently responded to me telling me he had to step away for some family situation. He also apologized for not telling us what happened before he disappeared. I came back from vacation and saw his package. All the XO issues are accounted for. Guess I didn't get burned after all, but I did end up buying another XO lot thinking I got burned from this. Now I got like 2 sets of XO-preunities with 4 copies of XO#1. :shock:
Sounds like a good problem... :D

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

You would think that after all that has happened with this auction the seller could give you something extra as an apology or at least a partial refund. To me this is the difference between excuses and someone who sincerely wants to make the situation right. I'm glad everything worked out in the end for you but this seems to be a real problem on Ebay right now.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Escaflown4 wrote:Something good turned about on this auction. The seller recently responded to me telling me he had to step away for some family situation. He also apologized for not telling us what happened before he disappeared. I came back from vacation and saw his package. All the XO issues are accounted for. Guess I didn't get burned after all, but I did end up buying another XO lot thinking I got burned from this. Now I got like 2 sets of XO-preunities with 4 copies of XO#1. :shock:
I'm glad it worked out for you, but I'm always kind of skeptical about "family problems" keeping a person away from a computer for a month. Unless by family problems he meant his wife locked him in a basement.