Need Help Identifying this page

Discussions of VALIANT art, artists, and the creation process. Share your latest acquisitions,
or find help in learning about original art.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Maxim St. James
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Need Help Identifying this page

Post by Maxim St. James »

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner to simply post a picture, but I acquired several years ago a page of Solar art. I'll do my best to describe it, It's Solar in full solar gear (splash page) standing in the middle of the street he has a single word balloon very small on the page. He looks to be about ready to be run over over by a two kids one of them is holding a gun, shooting outside the car towards him. I am at a real disadvantage in trying to identify this art, as I am missing several solar issues, and it could be from a guest spot on another book maybe.. any ideas as to which issue this was or who the artist was? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Max
Still Looking for a Magnus cover

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Hmm, sounds a bit like Solar 3, but not quite. There he is on the sidewalk and only the kids have word ballons.

/Magnus

Maxim St. James

Yes and after looking at it again there is a trash can in the left hand bottom corner. I don't have Solar 3 so if it in that book that would explain why I can't find it. Do you know who the artist is?

Maxim St. James

I am sorry I didn't describe it correctly the first time but it has been while since I have looked at it (don't throw things) I just recently got back into collecting valiant stuff again. and I have been in the process of framing the all the art. I bought a some select art from Joe P when he was looking to get rid of his stuff. I basically wanted a a nice single page from all of my favorite characters, I know he did me right as far as what I received vs what I paid as I got couple of nice splashes and covers. Unfortunately the only "hole" in my collect is Magnus. Unfortunately he had already gotten rid of his magnus art by the time I got in touch with him hugh!! I wonder who that would be :wink:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Maxim St. James wrote:Yes and after looking at it again there is a trash can in the left hand bottom corner.
So Solar 3 it is then. I guess it's a really good page as I remembered it just from your description (ok, not exact issue, but that is was an early one).
I don't have Solar 3 so if it in that book that would explain why I can't find it. Do you know who the artist is?
Don Perlin with inks by Bob Layton.
Unfortunately he had already gotten rid of his magnus art by the time I got in touch with him hugh!! I wonder who that would be
Guilty.

Best,

Magnus

qrnd
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by qrnd »

Just thought Id offer a visual reference.