Crossovers

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: Crossovers

Post by Ryan »

magnusr wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:42:11 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46:08 pm Magnus and Space Family Robinson (a precursor to Lost in Space)
Technically OT as they don't share a story, below is (as far as I know) the "closest" Magnus and Lost in Space has been in US publishing.

/Magnus
What is that? Was that original or reprint material?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:42:44 pm What is that? Was that original or reprint material?
Reprint of a backup-story from Magnus 26.

/Magnus

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

magnusr wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:54:37 am
Ryan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:42:44 pm What is that? Was that original or reprint material?
Reprint of a backup-story from Magnus 26.

/Magnus
Cool. I think the post-Manning Gold Key Magnus issues are underrated. Yeah they aren't as good as Manning but taken for what they are they're high quality and add some quirky and fun things to the world. It's too bad Bolle and Spiegle never got to do any Valiant work while they were still around.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:52:47 am Cool. I think the post-Manning Gold Key Magnus issues are underrated. Yeah they aren't as good as Manning but taken for what they are they're high quality and add some quirky and fun things to the world. It's too bad Bolle and Spiegle never got to do any Valiant work while they were still around.
Totally agree.

/Magnus

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

magnusr wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:46:22 pm
Ryan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:52:47 am Cool. I think the post-Manning Gold Key Magnus issues are underrated. Yeah they aren't as good as Manning but taken for what they are they're high quality and add some quirky and fun things to the world. It's too bad Bolle and Spiegle never got to do any Valiant work while they were still around.
Totally agree.

/Magnus
I forgot about Paul Norris. This is one of my favorite pages in all of GK Magnus. Helped having Mike Royer (former Manning assistant) add some Manning touches to the linework as well.
M28 Norris-Royer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:31:47 pm I forgot about Paul Norris. This is one of my favorite pages in all of GK Magnus. Helped having Mike Royer (former Manning assistant) add some Manning touches to the linework as well.

M28 Norris-Royer.jpg
Good page. First time I read that story was on the plane back from San Diego comic con in '95. Didn't imagine then that I would one day own a page from that book (which actually references your favorite).

/Magnus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

magnusr wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:08:24 am
Ryan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:31:47 pm I forgot about Paul Norris. This is one of my favorite pages in all of GK Magnus. Helped having Mike Royer (former Manning assistant) add some Manning touches to the linework as well.

M28 Norris-Royer.jpg
Good page. First time I read that story was on the plane back from San Diego comic con in '95. Didn't imagine then that I would one day own a page from that book (which actually references your favorite).

/Magnus
Awesome :clap: