VH 2 and Quantum Leap

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
VH 2 and Quantum Leap

Post by ManofTheAtom »

It occurred to me that there is a certain irony in Acclaim publishing VH 2 (which was created after Aric Dacia changed history when he used the Cosmic Cube to give himself the X-O Manowar armor in 408 A.D. at the end of the Iron Man/X-O Manowar crossover) and soliciting comics based on Quantum Leap (which was about a time traveler that restores history to its proper order by correcting what he consistently discovers were historical mistakes).

The latter was a tacit acknowledgement that the former had a fundamental flaw at its core. A wink and a nod to the audience, heh.

All it would have taken to restore VH 1 would be Sam Beckett leaping into Aric Dacia to stop him from using the Cosmic Cube to give himself the Manowar, heh.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: VH 2 and Quantum Leap

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:58:48 pm It occurred to me that there is a certain irony in Acclaim publishing VH 2 (which was created after Aric Dacia changed history when he used the Cosmic Cube to give himself the X-O Manowar armor in 408 A.D. at the end of the Iron Man/X-O Manowar crossover) and soliciting comics based on Quantum Leap (which was about a time traveler that restores history to its proper order by correcting what he consistently discovers were historical mistakes).

The latter was a tacit acknowledgement that the former had a fundamental flaw at its core. A wink and a nod to the audience, heh.

All it would have taken to restore VH 1 would be Sam Beckett leaping into Aric Dacia to stop him from using the Cosmic Cube to give himself the Manowar, heh.
So you're telling me that all of Valiant continuity hinges on a licensed comic that was only solicited and never released, and a Marvel crossover that no one read based on an obscure video game? Well, Yeah I guess that makes sense :D

I still like the old idea that everything in X-O after #44 is a Crescendo induced simulation.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:09:51 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:58:48 pm It occurred to me that there is a certain irony in Acclaim publishing VH 2 (which was created after Aric Dacia changed history when he used the Cosmic Cube to give himself the X-O Manowar armor in 408 A.D. at the end of the Iron Man/X-O Manowar crossover) and soliciting comics based on Quantum Leap (which was about a time traveler that restores history to its proper order by correcting what he consistently discovers were historical mistakes).

So you're telling me that all of Valiant continuity hinges on a licensed comic that was only solicited and never released, and a Marvel crossover that no one read based on an obscure video game? Well, Yeah I guess that makes sense :D

I still like the old idea that everything in X-O after #44 is a Crescendo induced simulation.
The crossover with Iron Man definitely would have to be, heh.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:12:25 pm

That's why I like the Crescendo explanation. Way too much silliness in post-BQ X-O. Some nice art though.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:28:03 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:12:25 pm

That's why I like the Crescendo explanation. Way too much silliness in post-BQ X-O. Some nice art though.
Indeed, heh.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

What comic wasn’t released? I know all those comics came out. I own more than 5 of the Quantum Leap comics, loved the show!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ramses818 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:41:05 am

What comic wasn’t released? I know all those comics came out. I own more than 5 of the Quantum Leap comics, loved the show!
The ones from Acclaim never came out. You must be thinking of the ones from Innovation.