Did future Gilad talk to Geoff at all?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jakgrimm
My posts can all fit in a short box
Did future Gilad talk to Geoff at all?

Post by jakgrimm »

At one point before meeting with the 1992 team Solar finds the 4001 crew and asks Gilad "Where's Geoff?"

To which Gilad responds something like If you mean Geoff McHenry I'm afraid I haven't seen him in a very long time.

Well he was about to see him again. But they don't cover that reunion. Gilad should have been like holy squee Geoff great to see you! Does my heart good....

They were in Unity together but there's not a kind word between them.
Time to take a dump. -Torque

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: Did future Gilad talk to Geoff at all?

Post by Ryan »

jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:40:37 pm At one point before meeting with the 1992 team Solar finds the 4001 crew and asks Gilad "Where's Geoff?"

To which Gilad responds something like If you mean Geoff McHenry I'm afraid I haven't seen him in a very long time.

Well he was about to see him again. But they don't cover that reunion. Gilad should have been like holy squee Geoff great to see you! Does my heart good....

They were in Unity together but there's not a kind word between them.
That suggests multiple timelines or at least that the way the 90's and Unity happened for future Gil was different. Doesn't he mention at some point that he remembers things happening differently?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

jakgrimm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:40:37 pm Gilad should have been like holy squee Geoff great to see you! Does my heart good....
Yeah, their first (assuming the quick encounter at arrival in Lost Land was so quick it doesn't count) conversation in Eternal Warrior 2 is just about practical things, no emotions .

/Magnus

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57:21 pm That suggests multiple timelines or at least that the way the 90's and Unity happened for future Gil was different. Doesn't he mention at some point that he remembers things happening differently?
Yes, "It didn't go like this. It's all different. Worse". And then there's that scar that future Gilad suddenly gets when young Gilad gets wounded.

/Magnus

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

magnusr wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:00:44 am
Ryan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57:21 pm That suggests multiple timelines or at least that the way the 90's and Unity happened for future Gil was different. Doesn't he mention at some point that he remembers things happening differently?
Yes, "It didn't go like this. It's all different. Worse". And then there's that scar that future Gilad suddenly gets when young Gilad gets wounded.

/Magnus
Butterfly effect
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

/Magnus
That's the quote. Proof that the past is changeable in Vh1.

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

I don't understand. Future Gilad knew Geoff, presumably spent Geoff's lifetime together in some capacity. He knew his first and last name. What does an alternate uni have to do with it?

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

/Magnus
To me this (sort of) proves it's the same timeline. Things happening to past Gilly affect this future G. Though future G should have had that scar the whole time and been like oh that's how I got it...

Side note: It went down similarly to Looper where they cut off the guy's foot in the past and the future version of him feels it in real time. A bunch of cr*p that breaks every time travel rule.

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:19:51 am

/Magnus
I believe this was the writer's way of introducing some risk into Unity. I'm sure everyone thought Oh future Gilad made it so everything must turn out alright. Wait this time is different......

I'm putting it out there that he might have been remembering wrong. He was psychoprobed so many times and is so old. Does anyone know of a reference to an alternate timeline anywhere else in Valiant? I can't think of any. And please don't say Ack Lame or VEI

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

jakgrimm wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:53:11 am
Ryan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:19:51 am

/Magnus
I believe this was the writer's way of introducing some risk into Unity. I'm sure everyone thought Oh future Gilad made it so everything must turn out alright. Wait this time is different......

I'm putting it out there that he might have been remembering wrong. He was psychoprobed so many times and is so old. Does anyone know of a reference to an alternate timeline anywhere else in Valiant? I can't think of any. And please don't say Ack Lame or VEI
Sure it could be seen as a faulty memory, but if that's all it is it seems weird to include it in the story. But it at least opens the possibility that Unity unfolded in a different way in 4001 Gil's 1992, and that something has altered the past (his version of the past).