CGC Cleaning/Submission Question:

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
CGC Cleaning/Submission Question:

Post by possumgrease »

1. Can you submit different orders in the same box? For example, can I send in a modern, no pressing, in the same box with order for vintage, pressing? I'm just trying to save on shipping, but didn't know how that affects processing and return shipping.

2. Any thoughts on whether CGC cleaning would remove these pencil marks? I bid on this book on ebay (this is the ebay photo) before noticing the pencil marks on the logo and before seeing the seller had (at the time) zero reviews. The book did arrive and it was in advertised condition. Does that grade higher than a 2.5?

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: CGC Cleaning/Submission Question:

Post by nycjadie »

I’m not sure about now, but CGC didn’t allow different tiers or pressing requests in the same invoice. Their site now lacks info it used to have on these things.

They can do well with pencils marks, but those get really difficult on dark covers like this.

I would forgo grading this one as you are not likely to recoup your grading costs. You might even devalue it.

possumgrease
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: CGC Cleaning/Submission Question:

Post by possumgrease »

nycjadie wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:46:20 pm I would forgo grading this one as you are not likely to recoup your grading costs. You might even devalue it.
Thanks for the feedback. I think you may be right. I put it in mylar with some firm backing boards and that may be the best this book can do at the moment.