I miss Turok

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

cg1991cg
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2004
Favorite character: turok
Favorite title: turok
I miss Turok

Post by cg1991cg »

I know Turok is one of the least loved characters, but he's always been my favourite. I wish he'd get some new work.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: I miss Turok

Post by Ryan »

I hear ya, Turok has great potential. I wish there was a new version that was closer to the core concept. The Dynamite versions (until the last one) were stretching the concept too far.

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

I think that Turok would make for a fun action movie as well. Relaunch a tie-in video game to coincide with the movie.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

possumgrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:47:57 am I think that Turok would make for a fun action movie as well. Relaunch a tie-in video game to coincide with the movie.
There was a pretty decent animated movie released 2007/8-ish.

possumgrease
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:32:48 pm
possumgrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:47:57 am I think that Turok would make for a fun action movie as well. Relaunch a tie-in video game to coincide with the movie.
Thanks. I was not aware of that. Now I'm off to tracking that down!

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

possumgrease wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:45:41 pm
Totally, I got the dvd at the time it came out. Not sure if it's hard to find these days. I remember it was pretty solid and kept a lot of the original concepts intact.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Ryan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:25:27 pm
Totally, I got the dvd at the time it came out. Not sure if it's hard to find these days. I remember it was pretty solid and kept a lot of the original concepts intact.
It came out about a week after I had visited a pawn shop going out of business sale and I bought some anime DVDs for literally pennies that I traded at Hastings for the Turok DVD. I watched it again early this year, it held up well.

If you really want to make yourself crazy, there was a card set released by Dark Horse around the same time, years before the Dark Key thing. I think they might have been publishing the Gold Key Archives around the same time, though.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:54:17 pm
Ryan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:25:27 pm
It came out about a week after I had visited a pawn shop going out of business sale and I bought some anime DVDs for literally pennies that I traded at Hastings for the Turok DVD. I watched it again early this year, it held up well.

If you really want to make yourself crazy, there was a card set released by Dark Horse around the same time, years before the Dark Key thing. I think they might have been publishing the Gold Key Archives around the same time, though.
Whoa, nice. I'll have to dig that out and watch it again. Oh looks like it can be found on youtube. Somebody put some real money into that, too bad it didn't find enough of an audience. Never seen those cards but I'll check them out.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Turok is the best.
I Miss the good old days.