What do you want in a potential Valiant cinematic universe?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

TronNerd82
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2021
Favorite character: Jack Boniface
Favorite title: Shadowman (90s)
Favorite writer: Bob Hall
Favorite artist: Bob Hall
What do you want in a potential Valiant cinematic universe?

Post by TronNerd82 »

With the release of Vin Diesel's Bloodshot a few years ago, the possibility of more Valiant movies lingers around. There was talk of a Harbinger movie last year, but there hasn't been much news since then. I also heard rumors of a movie about Faith, but yet again, nothing recent.

All this has me wondering: what would the people on this forum want out of the Valiant cinematic universe? What heroes do you want to see on the big screen? In what way would you like them to be portrayed, and by whom? Would anyone want to see Valiant TV shows or streaming miniseries, whether animated or live-action?

Personally, I'd like to see an X-O Manowar live-action movie starring someone like Christian Bale, as well as an animated Shadowman show similar in vein to HBO's Spawn. Perhaps even a Quantum and Woody movie that spoofs Marvel's current style of movies in a biting manner.

Now that you've heard my psychotic rambling, you get to return the favor.
Remember kids, sniffing glue will not get your parents back together!

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: What do you want in a potential Valiant cinematic universe?

Post by possumgrease »

Just spitballing here, but I think Shadowman is the best IP for potential mass appeal that can bring something slightly different to the table. You'll have some comic and video game nostalgia, plus fans of horror and superhero genres. Keep it dark. Keep it voodoo. Let the jazz play out. Put it in New Orleans and ignore the Deadside for the first movie.

As much as I love Harbinger, I've seen mutant kids many times at this point. Go watch Gen V on Amazon for an updated take on Harbinger.

X-O I loved even more, but since CGI seems to be regressing, I worry about whether anyone can pull this off.

Ninjak? meh.

Bloodshot? meh

Archer & Armstrong? Yeah, maybe. Buddy comedy movie, throw in some weird Indiana jones, pulpy-adventure plotlines and you've got yourself a trilogy. Spin off an Eternal Warrior TV series.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: What do you want in a potential Valiant cinematic universe?

Post by ManofTheAtom »

What movies and TV series (animated and live action) would you like to see, and from which studio?

Let us hypothetically say that Paramount, which, arguably, has found success with the Transformers franchise, decided to expand their license with VALIANT beyond Faith to launch a shared cinematic universe across film and TV.

What should they start with? A film or a TV series?

Which characters would it make sense to see lead their own movie once every two years or so and which ones should lead their own eight-10 episode-a-year streaming series?

Arguably, X-O Manowar might work best as a film series than as a streaming series. The disadvantage with TV is that the longer they are on, the lower the budget gets, whereas, in success, a film's budget can increase from film to film.

Likewise, Eternal Warrior could lead his own series. If not him, then Timewalker.

Fantasy like Rings of Power, Game of Thrones, Wheel of Time, etc. and science fiction like The Expanse, Foundation, etc. has done well on cable and streaming, and that can work for the advantage of either EW or TW.

What else comes to mind?

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... ?p=1119985

I think that a VALIANT Cinematic Universe should begin with Harbinger because I think that can be the most relatable and grounded start possible.

Once that one is established, then they can introduce immortals, aliens, and barbarians out of time.

Hopefully Paramount will make it work.

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 1dfa0e0bc4
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic: