Deathmate/Netflix's Kaleidoscope

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate/Netflix's Kaleidoscope

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Installments identified by color instead of numbers that can be viewed/read in any order, except for the first and last chapters.
399787914_10159722975072267_7142507621731066435_n.jpg
399398544_10159722974347267_8378152117265219051_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Deathmate/Netflix's Kaleidoscope

Post by Chiclo »

Maybe Ivar brought Kaleidoscope back in time through a time arc and Deathmate ripped off Kaleidoscope?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:18:17 pm Maybe Ivar brought Kaleidoscope back in time through a time arc and Deathmate ripped off Kaleidoscope?
Nah.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

So much Deathmate talk. I remember being so disappointed by it, and some of the installments came out so late (seemed like years later?) that I missed them and never read the whole thing. Kind of want to read it now :D

Too bad it seems impossible to ever get a new collected edition with all the characters having so many different rightsholders now. VEI, NBCUniversal(Gold Key), DC(Wildstorm), Liefeld, Some of Liefeld's characters that he lost the rights to (like Youngblood), Silvestri, and probably more.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:10:15 pm So much Deathmate talk. I remember being so disappointed by it, and some of the installments came out so late (seemed like years later?) that I missed them and never read the whole thing. Kind of want to read it now :D

Too bad it seems impossible to ever get a new collected edition with all the characters having so many different rightsholders now. VEI, NBCUniversal(Gold Key), DC(Wildstorm), Liefeld, Some of Liefeld's characters that he lost the rights to (like Youngblood), Silvestri, and probably more.
Deathmate was the first superhero comic not published by DC or Marvel I read, and what got me into VALIANT.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:55:08 pm
Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:10:15 pm So much Deathmate talk. I remember being so disappointed by it, and some of the installments came out so late (seemed like years later?) that I missed them and never read the whole thing. Kind of want to read it now :D

Deathmate was the first superhero comic not published by DC or Marvel I read, and what got me into VALIANT.
Whoa, that's awesome. I think it was the Red (Liefeld's) that took so long to come out. The chapters came out so sporadically that I think I missed some of the chapters at my shop. I really want to read the whole thing through now.

All I remember was the Solar from Rai 0 meeting up with Void (WildCats), I don't remember if any events from Deathmate had an effect on Valiant continuity.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:39:33 pm

Whoa, that's awesome. I think it was the Red (Liefeld's) that took so long to come out. The chapters came out so sporadically that I think I missed some of the chapters at my shop. I really want to read the whole thing through now.

All I remember was the Solar from Rai 0 meeting up with Void (WildCats), I don't remember if any events from Deathmate had an effect on Valiant continuity.
Nope. Makes sense, though.

Now here's the wrinkle.

The Solar that merged with Void came from 2062, YET at the end of the event, the Geoff McHenry of the present day was aware of what happened...
RCO003_1690638330.jpg
RCO022_1690918193.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:11:08 am
Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:10:15 pm So much Deathmate talk. I remember being so disappointed by it, and some of the installments came out so late (seemed like years later?) that I missed them and never read the whole thing.
Whoa, that's awesome.

Now here's the wrinkle.

The Solar that merged with Void came from 2062, YET at the end of the event, the Geoff McHenry of the present day was aware...
A Wrinkle...in time.
Literally a wrinkle in time.
That's your answer.

I have no doubt the Geoff after the collapse of all time was stopped could "feel" that. Because it worked backwards in time, the events in 2062 had reached the other Geoff to some extent.

That was essentially the plot of the Prologue, right? just with the combined universe, that time
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Oxmyx wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:27:51 am
Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:10:15 pm So much Deathmate talk. I remember being so disappointed by it, and some of the installments came out so late (seemed like years later?) that I missed them and never read the whole thing.
Whoa, that's awesome.

Now here's the wrinkle.

The Solar that merged with Void came from 2062, YET at the end of the event, the Geoff McHenry of the present day was aware...
A Wrinkle...in time.
That's your answer.

I have no doubt the Geoff after the collapse of all time was stopped could "feel" that. Because it worked backwards in time, the events in 2062 had reached the other Geoff to some extent.

That was essentially the plot of the Prologue, right? just with the combined universe, that time
Very plausible. The merge did affect all of time.

Oxmyx
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09:35 am
Ryan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:10:15 pm So much Deathmate talk. L
Whoa, that's awesome.

Now here's the wrinkle.

A Wrinkle...in time.
That's your answer.

I have no doubt ... reached the other Geoff to some extent.
I think we're pushing the limits of what plausible is supposed to mean 😉
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Oxmyx wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:07:53 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09:35 am

Whoa, that's awesome.

Now here's the wrinkle.

A Wrinkle...in time.
That's your answer.

I have no doubt ... reached the other Geoff to some extent.
I think we're pushing the limits of what plausible is supposed to mean 😉
Well, plausible means it's more than probable. It makes it a certainty.

Kevin Vanhook chimed in about it over on the Facebook group.
Untitled.png