Licensed Comics

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Licensed Comics

Post by Chiclo »

I’m not a horror guy but thanks for the recommendation.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:28:18 am I’m not a horror guy but thanks for the recommendation.
:thumb:
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I am a horror guy, so I'll have to check it out.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

lorddunlow wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:35:42 pm I am a horror guy, so I'll have to check it out.

It's good. Canadians do slasher horror well.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The actress from Being Erica was in the third season of Slasher. I believe she may have been in another one too, but I can't recall without checking.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:48:52 pm The actress from Being Erica was in the third season of Slasher. I believe she may have been in another one too, but I can't recall without checking.
You refer to the lovely Ms. Erin Karpluk.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:53:41 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:48:52 pm The actress from Being Erica was in the third season of Slasher. I believe she may have been in another one too, but I can't recall without checking.
You refer to the lovely Ms. Erin Karpluk.
Indeed.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:46:26 pm
lorddunlow wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:35:42 pm I am a horror guy, so I'll have to check it out.

We made one of the very first, and definitely one of the very best - Black Christmas (1974)

“The calls are coming from *inside* the house!” :o
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:43:25 pm I was watching Orphan Black over the weekend, right at the end of the fourth season. This one guy looked familiar but I could not quite place him. I looked him up on IMDb, he was Hubbel Urich on EFC.
Love that show, and super proud that it’s a Canadian made series.

No joke, I went out for dinner with my wife and some friends at a restaurant in Toronto years ago (I think it was in 2017 or 2018 - sometime shortly after the show had just ended), and our waiter ended up being Josh Vokey who plays the nerdy scientist Scott Smith on the show.

It was a surreal moment - nobody said anything to him but he picked up on our looks of recognition and at one point just said outright “yes, I’m that guy from Orphan Black” :lol:

You always hear about actors working as waiters in LA, but it was bizarre to experience it in Toronto!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:56:02 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:46:26 pm

We made one of the very first, and definitely one of the very best - Black Christmas (1974)

“The calls are coming from *inside* the house!” :o
I watched it either earlier this year or late last year on Plex.

There's a scene in which Kidder's character spells a word that made me wonder if that is the reason why her iteration of Lois Lane in Superman: The Movie cannot spell words correctly, as a sort of joke...

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:08:52 pm
Chiclo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:43:25 pm I was watching Orphan Black over the weekend, right at the end of the fourth season. This one guy looked familiar but I could not quite place him. I looked him up on IMDb, he was Hubbel Urich on EFC.
Love that show, and super proud that it’s a Canadian made series.

No joke, I went out for dinner with my wife and some friends at a restaurant in Toronto years ago (I think it was in 2017 or 2018 - sometime shortly after the show had just ended), and our waiter ended up being Josh Vokey who plays the nerdy scientist Scott Smith on the show.

It was a surreal moment - nobody said anything to him but he picked up on our looks of recognition and at one point just said outright “yes, I’m that guy from Orphan Black” :lol:

You always hear about actors working as waiters in LA, but it was bizarre to experience it in Toronto!