Brother J's VALIANT sale-CLOSED for now

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Brother J's VALIANT sale-CLOSED for now

Post by Brother J »

Hey guys,

Long time since I have posted here. I hate to be the guy who hasnt been around in years and then comes back to sell things, but I'm going to have to be that guy. I have a lot of things that I know would not be fully appreciated anywhere but here and I would love for them to go to other VALIANT fans who would appreciate them. I have decided to move on from comics and will be selling 99.5% of what I have.

For anyone who doesn't remember me, I was a longtime member of this board and also have the same eBay account since 1999 with all positives. Help me empty out my expensive storage unit. In the long run, I would like to find someone close to Philadelphia who would like to purchase my entire collection of VALIANT comics, which includes most of the items on the checklist except for the VVSS and Unity Diamond trades which I sold years ago.

I am going to end this thread, mainly because of all the clutter and the fact that I am still not in possession of the majority of my VALIANT items, as they are still in my storage unit. I listed the cards on eBay. I will open a new thread once I get things together. Sorry for the wait, but I am working in a small space and can only bring in a few boxes at a time.
Last edited by Brother J on Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:19:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

tford1972
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: Rai 0
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Re: Brother J's VALIANT sale

Post by tford1972 »

Interested in any Newsstands that you may have.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

I may have the ones that were considered variants, but I didn't go far down the newsstand road while collecting.

tford1972
Valiant fan since: Rai 0
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O

Post by tford1972 »

Ok I would still be interested in those

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Hot Damn, Brother J is turning it loose!
:hm:

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

mrwoogieman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:27:10 pm Hot Damn, Brother J is turning it loose!
Yeah, done with comics. I am paying $238 a month for a storage unit, so I want to move everything.

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

Brother J wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:18:53 am
mrwoogieman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:27:10 pm Hot Damn, Brother J is turning it loose!
Yeah, done with comics. I am paying $238 a month for a storage unit, so I want to move everything.
Did you happen to have the book I mentioned in my DM?
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

JCP wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:45:53 pm
Brother J wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:18:53 am
Did you happen to have the book I mentioned in my DM?
I did not get a message from you.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

F06BA630-50BA-4FA0-8BCA-08C19CE89C35.jpeg
First post today would be the cards. This lot, I have the 120 The VALIANT Era card set, the 90 card Unity card set, a 100 card Deathwatch 2000 card set missing 1 card (not VALIANT, but I want to move it, too). Also included is an Art of Joe Quesada chromium card, an Upper Deck/Pyramid hologram card, 6 of the First Appearance chrome cards, 4 of the Unseen Art cards, 2 Deathmate promo cards, 16 inserts from the Deathwatch 2000 set, 24 of the Deathwatch 2000 cards that were polybagged with the comics and one Level 2 Dark Dominion (Defiant) card. All of the cards for $20 plus shipping. My preference is to do US Only shipping due to the prohibitive cost of shipping internationally.

[
Last edited by Brother J on Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

This is the photo from the gallery here. Mine is rolled up in a tube and too hard to straighten it out for a photo. I would like to sell it to someone who missed out on it and sell it at the issue price, but I don't remember what that was. Let me do a little searching and I will try to find it. Anyway, this is available for the initial ask price plus shipping.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Would love to see images!

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

nycjadie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:30:51 pm Would love to see images!
Yeah, I posted them and they are not showing up. So for that reason, I am going to have to cancel the idea of selling here and just do eBay. Sorry, I went with Google Photos and when I posted them they showed up, but now they aren’t.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Brother J's VALIANT sale- Cancelled

Post by greg »

You don't need Google, just post your photos directly here with the "Attachments" tab under the Submit button.

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

Scan.jpg
:hm:

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version

Post by aj583 »

What is your eBay user name so we can keep an eye out? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

greg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:07:24 pm You don't need Google, just post your photos directly here with the "Attachments" tab under the Submit button.
It worked! Thanks, Greg. And with that, I will reopen my sale. Will try to list some stuff this weekend. Thanks to all for being patient.

aj583
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version

Post by aj583 »

Brother J wrote:
greg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:07:24 pm You don't need Google, just post your photos directly here with the "Attachments" tab under the Submit button.
It worked! Thanks, Greg. And with that, I will reopen my sale. Will try to list some stuff this weekend. Thanks to all for being patient.
Great news. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

Brother J wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:06:06 pm F06BA630-50BA-4FA0-8BCA-08C19CE89C35.jpegFirst post today would be the cards. This lot, I have the 120 The VALIANT Era card set, the 90 card Unity card set, a 100 card Deathwatch 2000 card set missing 1 card (not VALIANT, but I want to move it, too). Also included is an Art of Joe Quesada chromium card, an Upper Deck/Pyramid hologram card, 6 of the First Appearance chrome cards, 4 of the Unseen Art cards, 2 Deathmate promo cards, 16 inserts from the Deathwatch 2000 set, 24 of the Deathwatch 2000 cards that were polybagged with the comics and one Level 2 Dark Dominion (Defiant) card. All of the cards for $20 plus shipping. My preference is to do US Only shipping due to the prohibitive cost of shipping internationally.

[
I know your preference is US only, but what would it cost to get the cards shipped to Australia? If it's not bad, i'd seriously consider buying the cards.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:20:25 pm
Brother J wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:06:06 pm F06BA630-50BA-4FA0-8BCA-08C19CE89C35.jpegFirst post today would be the cards. This lot, I have the 120 The VALIANT Era card set, the 90 card Unity card set, a 100 card Deathwatch 2000 card set missing 1 card (not VALIANT, but I want to move it, too). Also included is an Art of Joe Quesada chromium card, an Upper Deck/Pyramid hologram card, 6 of the First Appearance chrome cards, 4 of the Unseen Art cards, 2 Deathmate promo cards, 16 inserts from the Deathwatch 2000 set, 24 of the Deathwatch 2000 cards that were polybagged with the comics and one Level 2 Dark Dominion (Defiant) card. All of the cards for $20 plus shipping. My preference is to do US Only shipping due to the prohibitive cost of shipping internationally.

[
I know your preference is US only, but what would it cost to get the cards shipped to Australia? If it's not bad, i'd seriously consider buying the cards.

Yeah, let me package them up and see what it would cost. Kind of afraid it will be crazy high, but I’ll get you a quote and you can let me know.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

[
The absolutely lowest price I see is $37.10 for First-Class Package International Service. The package would be 1 pound 15 ounces. I don't think tracking is even available with First Class Package. Sorry, apparently the USPS doesn't want to provide an affordable shipping option to Australia.

The Chosen 1
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

Brother J wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:37:18 pm

[
The absolutely lowest price I see is $37.10 for First-Class Package International Service. The package would be 1 pound 15 ounces. I don't think tracking is even available with First Class Package. Sorry, apparently the USPS doesn't want to provide an affordable shipping option to Australia.
That's all good. Thanks for looking into this for me. US to Australia is always really expensive. I don't know why. Even Canada is generally a lot cheaper.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force