Valiant in Cambridge. uk. Don't even know what I am saying.

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.
Valiant in Cambridge. uk. Don't even know what I am saying.

Post by Phantom »

Don't know if its covid, shipping problems or ?
Books are not arriving at local comic shop, yet available through their mail order. Becoming disinterested due to lack of books.
Yes I could ebay, yes I could get them shipped via their mail order ~ but cannot be bothered.

Slowing down on this message board as well, still drop in. Busy at work.

To be honest, I just want to go to a shop ~ and buy the comics I ordered. This doesn't reflect on valiant, more my local comic shop.
Maybe I have just become disinterested, so now don't bother.

Really liked the shadowman series, but didn't even know a new one had started ( only found out because of someones post about January solicitations).
Got issue 5 of xo, but didn't buy it as 1-4 missing ( I used to go to shop weekly, now maybe 1 or twice a month).

Maybe it has been a slow decline, with valiant restarted the amount of variants just became to much. Fun at the start, but as more and more and more books released with variants it became a waterfall of books to 'collect'.

'Collect', I mean by that something, a better word would be remember. I don't have to collect every variant, I want to read a full series. Like I said distribution to standing orders in my local comic shop is not perfect. Sometimes they forget to fill my order, well before covid.

So I have to remember so many covers, so many different minis, short series, order to re read them in.

Its just a drain. Just been online to try and find missing issues to fill story lines, so many covers / series / variants it just became to confusing so I gave up. Might just collect the hardcover trades from now on, if I can me bothered.

Gee I sound like an old man, always been older than my 44 years currently.

I agree with another post about kickstarter for the deadside board game, a kickstarter? come on do it or don't, you don't even trust your product to produce the game. You want 500 people to buy it, is their 500 people in the market for this?

Rant over.

Oh and hello , everyone. Hope you are well.

:thumb:
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
Re: Valiant in Cambridge. uk. Don't even know what I am saying.

Post by geocarr »

I am 48 years old and have shared many of those same sentiments and experiences over the last several years and my engagement with this hobby oscillates between buying sprees and down to a crawl of buying 20 books in a whole year.
***Support your local farmers!***

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

geocarr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:19:00 am I am 48 years old and have shared many of those same sentiments and experiences over the last several years and my engagement with this hobby oscillates between buying sprees and down to a crawl of buying 20 books in a whole year.
The good news is that you can keep up with all of Valiant’s output within that 20 books a year limit. :thumb:

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:06:47 am
geocarr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:19:00 am I am 48 years old and have shared many of those same sentiments and experiences over the last several years and my engagement with this hobby oscillates between buying sprees and down to a crawl of buying 20 books in a whole year.
The good news is that you can keep up with all of Valiant’s output within that 20 books a year limit. :thumb:
:funnypost:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

:lol:

facepalm

:cry:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

grendeljd wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:53:16 pm

facepalm

The next stage is acceptance.

geocarr
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:16:57 am

facepalm

Not for me brother, I'm still angry.
***Support your local farmers!***

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Chiclo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:16:57 am

facepalm

Wikipedia has this to say about your stages!!
“ Although commonly referenced in popular culture, studies have not empirically demonstrated the existence of these stages, and the model is considered to be outdated, inaccurate,[1] and unhelpful in explaining the grieving process.[2][3] “
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;