Buying Valiant

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

SouthernComicGeek
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar Volume 3
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor-Smith
Buying Valiant

Post by SouthernComicGeek »

I am looking for Valiant art and comics (I have a lot but there's still plenty especially of newer stuff that I dont have). In particular I'm looking for some Ghosts like Armorines 4 from Acclaim or the SDCC sneak peak. Also the Wrath of the Eternal Warrior Ax that was sent to retailers

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Buying Valiant

Post by greg »

Just an FYI, the "sneak peak" isn't a Valiant comic. It was created by the people trying to steal Valiant trademarks.
It's like if you theoretically bought a pair of "Nikee" shoes with a "sweesh" logo... before that kind of company would get sued and shut down by Nike.
They didn't even spell "peek" correctly... as if a mountain peak could sneak up on something. :lol:
The "Sneak Peak" Ashcan is pretty accurately known as the "trashcan".

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Friend, I like your ambition.

The Sneak Peak is pretty underwhelming but it does still fit well within the Valiant apocrypha, right alongside Broadway and Defiant comics or an iBooks Magnus. If you ever get your hands on one, it will be much ado about nothing. Or, rather, very little, even if you like Jae Lee sketches. They were individually numbered and supposedly there were only 100 printed, and there are some who doubt that the print run was that limited. I don't think they wanted to sell many; they were first offered for sale at SDCC for $40 each. A year and a half later, the same vendor, Graham Crackers Comics, was offloading them at minor conventions for a few bucks each. That just doesn't seem to me like the kind of book that they'd lie about an overprint, but if there was some (additional) shady goings-on with the trAshcan, Nicky B is just the kind of guy to do it. These are not finely crafted art pieces and could very easily have been printed at a Kinkos somewhere - the production was pretty cheap.

I really do hope that production was limited to 100, since I have one marked 100/100.

greg

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:00:22 pm The Sneak Peak is pretty underwhelming...

These are not finely crafted art pieces and could very easily have been printed at a Kinkos somewhere - the production was pretty cheap.
None appear to have been graded by CGC. I wonder if that's because no one has submitted or because they're easily counterfeited at Kinkos. :hm:

Since it wasn't Valiant, it was already a counterfeit... so does a counterfeit counterfeit make something official? :kidaround:

greg

Post by greg »

SouthernComicGeek wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:30:08 pm I am looking for Valiant art and comics (I have a lot but there's still plenty especially of newer stuff that I dont have). In particular I'm looking for some Ghosts like Armorines 4 from Acclaim ...
Raw or CGC graded?

SouthernComicGeek

Either one. For the filler type issues especially raw is fine.

SouthernComicGeek

greg wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:43:26 pm
Chiclo wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:00:22 pm The Sneak Peak is pretty underwhelming...

These are not finely crafted art pieces and could very easily have been printed at a Kinkos somewhere - the production was pretty cheap.
None appear to have been graded by CGC. I wonder if that's because no one has submitted or because they're easily counterfeited at Kinkos. :hm:

Since it wasn't Valiant, it was already a counterfeit... so does a counterfeit counterfeit make something official? :kidaround:
That's true, just an interesting piece for conversation surrounding Valiant history. Certainly of plenty of other goodies in the sights besides that.

SouthernComicGeek

Chiclo wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:00:22 pm Friend, I like your ambition.

The Sneak Peak is pretty underwhelming but it does still fit well within the Valiant apocrypha, right alongside Broadway and Defiant comics or an iBooks Magnus. If you ever get your hands on one, it will be much ado about nothing. Or, rather, very little, even if you like Jae Lee sketches. They were individually numbered and supposedly there were only 100 printed, and there are some who doubt that the print run was that limited. I don't think they wanted to sell many; they were first offered for sale at SDCC for $40 each. A year and a half later, the same vendor, Graham Crackers Comics, was offloading them at minor conventions for a few bucks each. That just doesn't seem to me like the kind of book that they'd lie about an overprint, but if there was some (additional) shady goings-on with the trAshcan, Nicky B is just the kind of guy to do it. These are not finely crafted art pieces and could very easily have been printed at a Kinkos somewhere - the production was pretty cheap.

I really do hope that production was limited to 100, since I have one marked 100/100.
Counterfeiting would definitely be something to keep an eye out for with as rare as it was supposed to have been.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

greg wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:43:26 pm

I tried once. It was minty. I can't recall why they rejected, or even if there was a reason for it.

FlipMega
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: Ninjak vol. 1 #23
Favorite title: Harbinger, Imperium, Divinity
Favorite artist: Hairsine, Suayan, LaRosa

Post by FlipMega »

Hi there

I am looking to sell some things, I have a handful of rarities, tough books, particularly in the Acclaim era. I have tons of VEI golds, VH1 key slabs, etc. Acclaim reader 9.4, acclaim keys like Q&W, full runs of Acclaim..

I do have Armorines #4, the rub is that I have two sets and I would hate to break them up. Let me know if that interests you.

I dont have the ax but I have a sweet original EW blank (both sides) commission done by Ryan Lee that I would like to get into a fans hands.

Full Acclaim runs, HTF turok stuff... uhmmm...lots of Harbinger stuff (not #3 Zircher), lots of Divinity and Savage slabs and raws...

Some Vol3 XO pages - nothing special but I had planned on making a triptych with them

Bloodshot statue by Quarantine?

Surprise me? lol

Happy hunting

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa