I've already written off the next Valiant title..

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
I've already written off the next Valiant title..

Post by jaden_sai »

I haven't read a page of it, but I know all I need to know because this board has told me it's woke,
even though, no one here has read it yet.

Yep, that's it... facepalm

I come back to check this board out once in a while hoping this *SQUEE* has played out but it's still the same :censored:

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Re: I've already written off the next Valiant title..

Post by IMJ »

This post would have more weight in trying to choke down the people you are drawing a line in the sand against if two criteria were true:

-Valiant's publishing line had continued to be an unmitigated success through the likes of Maggs Visagio or that other editor chick whatever her name was even though people here were turning their noses up at it.

-If Valiant's next title is an unmitigated success even though people here are turning their noses up at it.

But see, it hasn't been the case. And so your thread here leaves you looking a bit like an angry social outcast hanging on to your virtue signaling at all costs whereas even the slowest moving of conformist-virtue signalers here have begun to come along to the reality of this publishing situation.

But I suppose you can come back to this thread and redeem yourself if you go 1 for 2, but only if Valiant's next title is an unmitigated success. My prediction is that it will be a steaming pile of woke *SQUEE* that claims inclusivity yet condemns certain people for their hate who have never actually hated on anyone in their lives. I expect some *SQUEE* like that. And if it's not that then maybe they'll make Bloodshot a fat, pink haired person who identifies as a goat as the comics primary point of marketing. And then they'll do a crossover with that book and G.O.A.T.

Then you'll be able to buy that too! Nice work.

jaden_sai

Post by jaden_sai »

IMJ wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:06:03 pm This post would have more weight in trying to choke down the people you are drawing a line in the sand against if two criteria were true:

-Valiant's publishing line had continued to be an unmitigated success through the likes of Maggs Visagio or that other editor chick whatever her name was even though people here were turning their noses up at it.

-If Valiant's next title is an unmitigated success even though people here are turning their noses up at it.

But see, it hasn't been the case. And so your thread here leaves you looking a bit like an angry social outcast hanging on to your virtue signaling at all costs whereas even the slowest moving of conformist-virtue signalers here have begun to come along to the reality of this publishing situation.

But I suppose you can come back to this thread and redeem yourself if you go 1 for 2, but only if Valiant's next title is an unmitigated success. My prediction is that it will be a steaming pile of woke *SQUEE* that claims inclusivity yet condemns certain people for their hate who have never actually hated on anyone in their lives. I expect some *SQUEE* like that. And if it's not that then maybe they'll make Bloodshot a fat, pink haired person who identifies as a goat as the comics primary point of marketing. And then they'll do a crossover with that book and G.O.A.T.

facepalm

So judging a comic and telling people it's *SQUEE* before you have even read it, is the new cool here.

that tells me, this board is no longer for me...

take care all.
Goodbye.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

jaden_sai wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:46:24 pm

facepalm

So judging a comic and telling people it's *SQUEE* before you have even read it, is the new cool here.

take care all.
Goodbye.
Jaden_sai:

Don’t go. I feel the same way as you do in your first post and I think many others do as well just they tend to ignore and not post in the negative threads.

The negativity and writing something off before it has even come out as some have been doing lately seems foolish to me as well. Once it is out I will make up my mind whether it is good or bad not before. I might be pleasantly surprised.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

jaden_sai wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:53:27 pm I haven't read a page of it, but I know all I need to know because this board has told me it's woke,
even though, no one here has read it yet.

Yep, that's it... facepalm

I come back to check this board out once in a while hoping this *SQUEE* has played out but it's still the same :censored:
First of all, people have different opinions. I'm sure a lot of Valiant fans agree with you, but the problem is that DMG has turned our favorite publisher into a steaming pile of garbage, so it's hard to get your hopes up, even if you don't care about politics. If this new Harbinger was releasing amid 4-5 other good-to-great series, I might be more likely to give it a chance, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that our patience is wearing thin.

Secondly, the quotes that Dallow Spicer1 used in the other thread do make me worried, and they should make you worried too. Nobody wants a Harbinger book that cares more about putting a modern political spin on things, rather than simply telling a riveting story with interesting characters.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I have :hope: for each title.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

But recent history and titles makes me :hm:

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

TheFerg714 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:35:47 pm First of all, people have different opinions. I'm sure a lot of Valiant fans agree with you, but the problem is that DMG has turned our favorite publisher into a steaming pile of garbage, so it's hard to get your hopes up, even if you don't care about politics. If this new Harbinger was releasing amid 4-5 other good-to-great series, I might be more likely to give it a chance, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that our patience is wearing thin.

Secondly, the quotes that Dallow Spicer1 used in the other thread do make me worried, and they should make you worried too. Nobody wants a Harbinger book that cares more about putting a modern political spin on things, rather than simply telling a riveting story with interesting characters.
nycjadie wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:15:03 pm But recent history and titles makes me :hm:
The truth is that I'm generally with you guys on always hoping for a solid book and glad to support one. But I'm also at my wit's ends with guys like the OP and the apologists and the virtue signaling and the criticism on fans who feel crapped on for the last half+ decade of comics as readership declines.

There's clearly no discussing or explaining with these people (like the OP). If there was, then guy here wouldn't have started a tantrum thread. So basically, no matter you say to a guy like this you'll be wrong and admonished unless you buy the book, join the riot, tear down the statue, or otherwise just give these people what they want no matter how broken their logic and justifications are.

And even now there are some of you guys here actually scratching your chin right now ready to light up a keyboard saying "oookayy what do statues have to do with the comics?" And I'd say to you, quit being so shallow and if not that then quit relying on the easiest, lowest common-denominator retort as if they are truths. Because "statues" and "comics" and threads like this are all born of the same mentality. It's all the same fight. The statues, the comics, the circular & unfalsifaible "opinions" from these guys - it's all the same.

The fact is that the OP posted a tantrum thread admonishing people whose good will for these publishers is drained. So to you guys who want to support that... if you don't like the last years of content but you keep buying it out of "hope" then there's actually something wrong with you. This is because most reasonable people don't continue to touch the fire after being burned - especially repeatedly.

Do what you want, but for me - at this point I'll take evidence of a solid book for a while before I give any more money to forced and phony positioning.

O.P.'s circular argument that anyone is wrong and somehow a shallow person for writing off the next title before it's released is a lie. It's a manipulation. It's a fools errand designed to resist falsification and trap in a corner. He's buyin' his way into heaven with phony proclamations. He's pretending to be a good guy or a voice of reason and I don't believe him. Lowest common denominator thinking.
jaden_sai wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:46:24 pm facepalm

take care all.
Goodbye.
My point stands. You were never having the conversation in good faith. You're a manipulator. You're full of *SQUEE*. You're relying on context and positioning that neglects the rest of the facts across the overall publishing situation, the history and the solicits. You are disingenuous. You are full of *SQUEE*.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Are we judging that the comic will be terrible or are we voicing our expectation that it will be terrible as informed by a promotional article with the creators involved?

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

I am ready to hear reports that any books dmg are putting out are good.
Rai is a diamond in a long line of rough. When the diamonds start to pile up Ill use my money to tell Valiant dmg what I like. Untill then they can suck it.
Make good stories guided by good art and we can re evaluate our relationship.
I Miss the good old days.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

IMJ wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:06:03 pm This post would have more weight in trying to choke down the people you are drawing a line in the sand against if two criteria were true:

Well said!

More food for thought for the woke apologists...just look at the sales figures! Look at how the fan engagement on this site has dropped through the floor (unless Dinesh pops up with a Bad Idea related post). Then there’s Bloodshot, the character who Valiant have just released its first major movie about, no one can be bothered posting a review about the latest issue.

Let that sink in!

JCP
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16:58 pm

Well said!

More food for thought for the woke apologists...just look at the sales figures! Look at how the fan engagement on this site has dropped through the floor (unless Dinesh pops up with a Bad Idea related post). Then there’s Bloodshot, the character who Valiant have just released its first major movie about, no one can be bothered posting a review about the latest issue.

Let that sink in!
Correct. And, ouch.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16:58 pm (unless Dinesh pops up with a Bad Idea related post).
Don't mind me, just passing through.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

dino wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:02:04 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16:58 pm (unless Dinesh pops up with a Bad Idea related post).

:clap:

How good does that look ! Are any Valiant fans NOT on board with Bad Idea? These books can’t come soon enough.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

My heavens, it is full of stars.

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:37:06 pm How good does that look ! Are any Valiant fans NOT on board with Bad Idea? These books can’t come soon enough.
I'd be a lot more on board if I knew the books were available online, just in case I'm not able to get a physical copy.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheFerg714 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:29:20 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:37:06 pm How good does that look ! Are any Valiant fans NOT on board with Bad Idea? These books can’t come soon enough.
I'd be a lot more on board if I knew the books were available online, just in case I'm not able to get a physical copy.
They’ll be available someway at some point no doubt. Maybe in trade or who knows but it’ll happen.

JCP

Post by JCP »

Dino with the killshot. LaRosa is such a talented artist and can’t wait for Megalith. I hope SonicDan has some of his artwork for sale.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

JCP wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:33:14 pm

Dino with the killshot. LaRosa is such a talented artist and can’t wait for Megalith. I hope SonicDan has some of his artwork for sale.
+1 and I'm really looking forward to the art in WHALESVILLE. It's stunning.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Looks great. I can't wait to read some of these books - assuming I can get them over here.

JCP

Post by JCP »

On this note, does SonicDan still wander the boards on occasion? I haven’t seen him post in a while.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

JCP wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53:50 am

On this note, does SonicDan still wander the boards on occasion? I haven’t seen him post in a while.
:hi:
I still check-in a couple times a week. Haven't felt the need to post as much though.
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

sonicdan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:41:37 am I still check-in a couple times a week. Haven't felt the need to post as much though.
How is that Quasar #2 newsstand hoard lookin' now? :clap: 8-)

Joshua
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot 1
Favorite character: Probably Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath Of The Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Ryp

Post by Joshua »

This place should just be called Ex-Valiantfans.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Joshua wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:19:32 am This place should just be called Ex-Valiantfans.
.com