Bad Idea Button thread - now with leaked art

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Re: Have bad idea lost their mind? Does anyone know what they are doing?

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

dino wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28:07 pm
nycjadie wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:24:58 am
ShadowTuga wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37:44 am
nycjadie wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04:08 am I will personally mail Bad Idea books to anyone, anywhere in the world. I am confident I can get copies.
That's mighty kind of you, bud. I might bug you if something drops that is completely unmissable, but... i don't think I will, tbh. :lol:

I mean, if a company "doesn't care" if some fans will be absolutely left out of their output... it just feels wrong. I can't endorse or support that with my dough in good conscience. I don't care for the "cool kids club" aspect of it, in fact, its actually a Bad Idea from a business perspective... but they certainly know what they are doing. These people made tremendously awesome comics when they ruled VEI.

Just curious: aren't they also limiting one copy per customer? How would you get extras, if you don't mind me asking.
There will be copies available as new stores get added. I have no doubt I can get a few extras, especially as I'll be sending them to folks abroad. Crazy times for comic stores right now. I suspect a few of the stores that BI agreed to distribute to will close or drop out. We shall see what it all looks like in the future.
Any store that wants to join is welcome. There will indeed be copies (in limited quantities) for new stores that join later. The books will be limited to one copy per customer. Not fostering a cool kids club, simply looking to meet the realistic demand without tricking stores into buying copies they can't sell or readers into buying copies they don't want.
Yeah, but how does the realistic demand for an LCS in a non-EN speaking country really look like? No such LCS could afford getting 10 copies for their 10 customers who may pre-order this. Besides not much of a profit margin because of the initial shipping cost, it's death by additional logistics especially keeping DC's solo in mind. Well, with #BadIdea around it's not much of a solo effort anymore.

What are the realistic chances of ever getting shiny Deluxe Edition hardcovers at some point?

Pretty sure the cool kids would like to have a collected edition....once they have their 1-per-cool-kid copy graded and slabbed by Cool Kids Club.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40:44 am
dino wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28:07 pm
nycjadie wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:24:58 am
ShadowTuga wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37:44 am
nycjadie wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04:08 am I will personally mail Bad Idea books to anyone, anywhere in the world. I am confident I can get copies.
That's mighty kind of you, bud. I might bug you if something drops that is completely unmissable, but... i don't think I will, tbh. :lol:

I mean, if a company "doesn't care" if some fans will be absolutely left out of their output... it just feels wrong. I can't endorse or support that with my dough in good conscience. I don't care for the "cool kids club" aspect of it, in fact, its actually a Bad Idea from a business perspective... but they certainly know what they are doing. These people made tremendously awesome comics when they ruled VEI.

Just curious: aren't they also limiting one copy per customer? How would you get extras, if you don't mind me asking.
There will be copies available as new stores get added. I have no doubt I can get a few extras, especially as I'll be sending them to folks abroad. Crazy times for comic stores right now. I suspect a few of the stores that BI agreed to distribute to will close or drop out. We shall see what it all looks like in the future.
Any store that wants to join is welcome. There will indeed be copies (in limited quantities) for new stores that join later. The books will be limited to one copy per customer. Not fostering a cool kids club, simply looking to meet the realistic demand without tricking stores into buying copies they can't sell or readers into buying copies they don't want.
Yeah, but how does the realistic demand for an LCS in a non-EN speaking country really look like? No such LCS could afford getting 10 copies for their 10 customers who may pre-order this. Besides not much of a profit margin because of the initial shipping cost, it's death by additional logistics especially keeping DC's solo in mind. Well, with #BadIdea around it's not much of a solo effort anymore.

What are the realistic chances of ever getting shiny Deluxe Edition hardcovers at some point?

Pretty sure the cool kids would like to have a collected edition....once they have their 1-per-cool-kid copy graded and slabbed by Cool Kids Club.
No collections.

If there's demand in non-EN speaking countries then likely a store there will get in touch. If not, readers will either be interested enough to find the books some other way or they won't

I hear the frustration in your cool kids club comment. It's not our intent to frustrate but I do understand that a throwback business model that ignores the philosophy of indulging as many buyer whims as you need to make a sale can have that effect on those most used to the convenience. However, this is the road we feel is best. Thus far all signs point to it working for us. Knowing what we have planned I think it will only frustrate you further. Bad Idea might, for you, just be a bad idea.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

FormerReader wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:16:53 pm
nycjadie wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46:21 am I spent some time clicking this morning!
As have I. :high-five:
Does anyone else keep getting a feeling people are talking about self pleasuring?
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

No collections.

If there's demand in non-EN speaking countries then likely a store there will get in touch. If not, readers will either be interested enough to find the books some other way or they won't

I hear the frustration in your cool kids club comment. It's not our intent to frustrate but I do understand that a throwback business model that ignores the philosophy of indulging as many buyer whims as you need to make a sale can have that effect on those most used to the convenience. However, this is the road we feel is best. Thus far all signs point to it working for us. Knowing what we have planned I think it will only frustrate you further. Bad Idea might, for you, just be a bad idea.[/quote]

Love this. You have a plan. You are passionate about it. And you will take the entrepreneurial risk to see if this model will work. I’m on board. You have a powerhouse creative team, so those brightest VEI stars we love believe in you and Warren, even when the overall comic industry continues to decline. I’m looking forward to the journey. Count my $s in.

I’m actually hoping it will break me free from my VEI rare variant obsession. I’ve got a bone to pick with you. You’ve single handedly put a hurt on my bank account along with an unhealthy amount of time on EBay!

Hoping BadIdea finds success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless7
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior

Post by Nameless7 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40:44 am No collections.

I hear the frustration in your cool kids club comment. It's not our intent to frustrate but I do understand that a throwback business model that ignores the philosophy of indulging as many buyer whims as you need to make a sale can have that effect on those most used to the convenience. However, this is the road we feel is best. Thus far all signs point to it working for us. Knowing what we have planned I think it will only frustrate you further. Bad Idea might, for you, just be a bad idea.
Personally I am board with the no variant, no nonsense approach. While a few occasional variants were kind of cool at first, the whole thing quickly got out of control and it became a "my variant can beat up your variant" situation and that was not cool.

The 'no collections' I just don't understand. I personally purchased 20-25 extra VEI TPBs to have my LCS give them away during their yearly anniversary (in hopes of exposing people to valiant and thus gaining more valiant fans locally). I also lend out my Deluxe HCs to friends again in hopes they too become Valiant fans (one of my friends is mad in love with NINJAK now since I gifted him the first 3 TBS and has since bought all other TBS of all the ninka runs including the Valiant Masters one) How can I possibly gift/recruit anyone locally now when i cannot get more than 1 copy per issue and no collections? I dont know that I am willing to lend my own copies to anyone to expose them to the excellent material. Suppose I did lend my copies out and my friend falls completely in love with it and wants his own collection - well he would be out of luck being that there probably wouldn't be very many older issues available for sale. that itself will be a turn off for new readers down the line.

The idea of eliminating the cool kids club is sound and will likely work well in the beginning but I can see that 'some' people will pass on the company in the future because they will be unable to 'catch up'. This works for me because I will get my 1 copy but this is essentially creating a whole new set of 'cool kids club' - "I was there from the get go and you weren't", "I have all 4 issues of Eniac and you can't get them peasant!" etc...

Just my thoughts.

Sunlight on Snow

Just to clarify this: I have no problem with the Cool Kids Club.

I have a problem with no collections.

But I guess I'll just wait for my floppies at the front door, read them, and finally sell them for some cash.

I have a feeling not too many copies will be floating around here. :P

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Oxmyx wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:12:32 pm
nycjadie wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46:21 am I spent some time clicking this morning!
Does anyone else keep getting a feeling people are talking about self pleasuring?
:funnypost:
***Support your local farmers!***

Nameless7

Post by Nameless7 »

geocarr wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09:51 pm
I wore myself out with all that clicking. I need a break... and some water.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Nameless7 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37:51 am
Or a cigarette :wink:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Nameless7 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37:51 am

Greg said he got the most gratification from setting something heavy on it. Maybe try that next time. Sounds to me like you won't wear yourself out.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Has it happened to anyone else that you are clicking the button and then it gets bigger? This has happened to me several times on my iPad.

If button clicking persists for 4 hours or more, consult a physician.

aj583
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

I asked my wife to come in and watch me click. She was strangely into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

aj583 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40:57 pm I asked my wife to come in and watch me click. She was strangely into it.
Lucky!

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

dino wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:20:15 am #STARVETHEBUTTON!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290645607451951108
But...... how else will I be able to get office supplies from Staples?! :-?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Most recent leaks:

Sunlight on Snow

syzhang28 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:36:24 pm Image
Clearly, it's Schon's evil sister!

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

aj583 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40:57 pm I asked my wife to come in and watch me click. She was strangely into it.
You see! I was right!

Just look at their Facebook talking feelings in the loins!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

New leaks from the button. some cool art from villalobos

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

Looks great! I hope we get more information on their publishing plan soon. It looks like they have multiple books planned.

Nameless7

Post by Nameless7 »

so about the "one per customer" deal. is it like one per household?

I am trying to convince my brother to pick up bad idea books as well but due to the current crisis, he is temporarily living with me in a bubble (auto-immune condition).

So can two of us in the same "address" request one copy a piece?

Does anyone know how this works?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Nameless7 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47:51 pm so about the "one per customer" deal. is it like one per household?

I am trying to convince my brother to pick up bad idea books as well but due to the current crisis, he is temporarily living with me in a bubble (auto-immune condition).

So can two of us in the same "address" request one copy a piece?

Does anyone know how this works?
I think they just want to make sure every copy goes to a real person who will read it not to someone who will horde 20 copies. So if you and your brother are two people I think you can get 2 copies

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

ShadowTuga.
Try forbiden Planet uk. They have mail order, may save you a few Euros on shipping, rather than getting from USA.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

syzhang28
Re: Bad Idea Button thread - now with leaked art

Post by syzhang28 »

More leaked art

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
Re: Bad Idea Button thread - now with leaked art

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Beautiful