Bad Idea banned from Valiant Facebook page

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Bad Idea banned from Valiant Facebook page

Post by BugsySig »

Saw this reported today and thought it was interesting. It’s the fan page, but Chris A wants to stay on VALIANT’s good side, so any bad idea mentions should be made on that page or will be deleted.

While I’m not thrilled with Bad Idea’s bad idea for distributing comics thus far, I do hope they are successful just to rub it in DMG’s faces. What a bunch of tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Bad Idea banned from Valiant Facebook page

Post by depluto »

I thought that was just a blip in the Facebook group that was worked out pretty fast? Then again Facebook groups are sometimes prone to hysterics.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

This is just clickbait.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Why put up the ban in the first place though? It’s one thing to redirect, the message was much harsher than that.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Facebook is the devil

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

lorddunlow wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:48:52 am Facebook is the devil

Devil, from the Greek διάβολος, diabolos; διά is a prepositional prefix indicating through, like a diameter, and bolos is a story, also found in the root word of parable. Tales are told through the devil, he is the vehicle by which false stories are propogated, the accuser.

Yep, that feels like Facebook.

Chiclo'd.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Chiclo is fake news.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

The bleeding cool article should have run the story about the communist rules over at that group.
And how this ban is more of that bs.
I Miss the good old days.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

nonplayer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50:39 am The bleeding cool article should have run the story about the communist rules over at that group.
And how this ban is more of that bs.
I'm glad to hear you say this. I tried to join the group on Facebook a while back, but they wouldn't let me in. I swear to God.

I got a message from... whoever.... saying that because I was joining using my wave1collectibles page that I couldn't be admitted. The message sender even knew who I was - it said something like "I understand what you are trying to do, John but you can't be allowed in without using your real name".

Seriously. hahahahahaha

I may or may not have replied with "ok, np" and never requested to join again from my 'private' Facebook. The truth is that I'm trying to wipe all of my collecting kid-*SQUEE* out of my social media and into my little w1c endeavor instead. At this point I see no reason to join the Valiant Facebook page. It's a hobby - if it has any kind of resistance, then the hell with it.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Lots and lots of people have been kicked and even more have been controled by the admins there. You should join but guve them a hard time troll the squee out of them.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

nonplayer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49:09 pm Lots and lots of people have been kicked and even more have been controled by the admins there. You should join but guve them a hard time troll the squee out of them.

I understand the disdain, but if even joining in a manner outside what I want is not worth my time, then joining to harass a bunch of draconian comic book nerds is even more not worth my time.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

BugsySig wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42:45 am Chiclo is fake news.

Can't be. I have not upset the President.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

BugsySig wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:09:18 pm Saw this reported today and thought it was interesting. It’s the fan page, but Chris A wants to stay on VALIANT’s good side, so any bad idea mentions should be made on that page or will be deleted.

While I’m not thrilled with Bad Idea’s bad idea for distributing comics thus far, I do hope they are successful just to rub it in DMG’s faces. What a bunch of tools.

:rant: :rant: :rant:
I wish it were true that I gave two *SQUEE* about people's good side or bad side. Then again, maybe I do.

I'm the lead admin on the Valiant page,have been for the last couple of years. No one tells me how to run it, what I should or shouldn't post. Valiant (DMG) and I have had those words. I also am an admin on the Bad Idea page, and was notified that a great deal of information would flow through that fan page. This was my attempt to get people over to that page, and it was very successful. Just about every single active person from the Valiant page flooded to Bad Idea. An attempt to streamline, if you will. It was never an attempt to silence or diminish. A little harsh? yea. But what I didn't want was the fight that broke out last summer, where the ish really hit the fan on the Valiant page.

But, P O S trolls will be P O S trolls

Keep your friends close, keep the trolls closer. My background in Law Enforcement taught me that much. Investigate everything, look beyond just what the pictures shows you. Study the picture, it'll give you 1,000 words. Read as much as you can, then listen, then watch. Always make sure you know more than the other side

But this one hurt. It still stings. It has swallowed up every day since it was written. That article has my personal name right on it, and I've lost count of just how many uneducated people have confronted me via messenger and FB. The attacks have been numerous. It's like a friend at a bar who says they have your back, only to go out side and throw the first punch. It's not about the butt kicking I've taken, I've been punched by many a stronger person.

It had me contemplating my desires to continue, not only as an admin, but as a fan all together (even this page, which allows me to vent). Almost sold my ECCC tickets and took the loss on my hotel. But the one thing I am not, is a rage quitter. So, my middle finger will fly a while longer, with a little more anger and my verbiage with a little more vitriol.

Or, maybe a more stoic posture, with fewer words.
Moose

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:35:17 pm My background in Law Enforcement taught me that much.
Bro, and my background in law enforcement taught that not everything needs to be administered. That's how you stay on regulation and avoiding power trips. My point? Just relax and treat it more like a fan thing - don't be so Draconian unless you have to be.

And take what I'm saying as straight up brotherhood conversation. If we were standing together you'd see it - sometimes the computer makes things look like conflict. :)

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

You can start by removing my name for the ban list.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

nonplayer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45:26 pm You can start by removing my name for the ban list.
Okay, now I gotta know what you did to get banned.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

IMJ wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:35:37 pm
TheeBaldMoose wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:35:17 pm My background in Law Enforcement taught me that much.
Bro, and my background in law enforcement taught that not everything needs to be administered. That's how you stay on regulation and avoiding power trips. My point? Just relax and treat it more like a fan thing - don't be so Draconian unless you have to be.

And take what I'm saying as straight up brotherhood conversation. If we were standing together you'd see it - sometimes the computer makes things look like conflict. :)
I feel ya, and not everything is Draconian like you might think. You'd have to be on the page to see that it's no where close to that. I don't remember your request, but then again, I don't check each and every person. We do have a hard fast rule that it needs to be your profile, as we've had a large amount of fakes, that do just what nonplayer suggested you do. Face to face with your profile, you're less likely to act like a tool.

I get your point, keep your collection stuff off your social media, it's not for everyone.

If you every just want to take a tour of the page, reach out to me. My name is right there, front and center in that Bleeding Cool post. Just hit me up on messenger with your real FB account, and let me see if I can change your mind. If it's not for you, I can simply remove ya, or you can quit the page. I'd hate for you to form an opinion about a group of people you don't know, or never experienced.
Moose

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

TheFerg714 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:29:04 pm
nonplayer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45:26 pm You can start by removing my name for the ban list.
I wasn't the one that removed him, but it was way more than just one thing. I won't get into it, but he's pretty hostile towards us, always has been.
Moose

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

I know I kind of took over this post, and I am sorry for that.

Thank you for letting me vent. I know this sounds stupid, but I feel worlds better just getting this crap off my chest. If you agree, disagree, like, hate me and what I've said, I'm ok with that. But allowing me to vent a little has made my day a little better,

so thank you.
Moose

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

Bro, Facebook sucks and Bleeding Cool is a *SQUEE* website, and everyone knows it.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:35:17 pm
BugsySig wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:09:18 pm Saw this reported today and thought it was interesting. It’s the fan page, but Chris A wants to stay on VALIANT’s good side, so any bad idea mentions should be made on that page or will be deleted.

:rant: :rant: :rant:
I wish it were true that I gave two *SQUEE* about people's good side or bad side. Then again, maybe I do.

I'm the lead admin on the Valiant page,have been for the last couple of years. No one tells me how to run it, what I should or shouldn't post. Valiant (DMG) and I have had those words. I also am an admin on the Bad Idea page, and was notified that a great deal of information would flow through that fan page. This was my attempt to get people over to that page, and it was very successful. Just about every single active person from the Valiant page flooded to Bad Idea. An attempt to streamline, if you will. It was never an attempt to silence or diminish. A little harsh? yea. But what I didn't want was the fight that broke out last summer, where the ish really hit the fan on the Valiant page.

But, P O S trolls will be P O S trolls

Keep your friends close, keep the trolls closer. My background in Law Enforcement taught me that much. Investigate everything, look beyond just what the pictures shows you. Study the picture, it'll give you 1,000 words. Read as much as you can, then listen, then watch. Always make sure you know more than the other side

But this one hurt. It still stings. It has swallowed up every day since it was written. That article has my personal name right on it, and I've lost count of just how many uneducated people have confronted me via messenger and FB. The attacks have been numerous. It's like a friend at a bar who says they have your back, only to go out side and throw the first punch. It's not about the butt kicking I've taken, I've been punched by many a stronger person.

It had me contemplating my desires to continue, not only as an admin, but as a fan all together (even this page, which allows me to vent). Almost sold my ECCC tickets and took the loss on my hotel. But the one thing I am not, is a rage quitter. So, my middle finger will fly a while longer, with a little more anger and my verbiage with a little more vitriol.

Or, maybe a more stoic posture, with fewer words.
I honestly don't know how you do it. That being said, it absolutely does wonders for your profile, for the good and the bad. I remember visiting that store in Olympia, and when the owner chatted me up, said do you know Chris, he's the biggest Valiant fan. I'm thinking, I know a lot of Valiant fans that have 25+ years of commitment, own vast collections, artwork, etc. Who is this Chris who is the absolute biggest Valiant fan? "He's the admin on the FB fan group." OH RIGHT! You'd have to be the biggest Valiant fan to do that job. No doubt.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

I posted first about the weekly books after I was told its the sole responsibility of a certin Admin.
I thought it was a joke because its such a petty request and got kicked for posting.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

I'm only posting this here because this thread is active. You guys have to go to this thread and read what I'm saying about the GIT Corp Valiant Bloodshot collection. Seriously.

You guys on the Vailant Facebook group? If you aren't afraid to criticize the company there, then bring this to that group. Here's a sample -

1. The Bloodshot GIT disc is DRM Firewalled.
2. You have to email your activation key just to be emailed a proprietary reader download link
3. Then within 24 hours they email you back with the link.
4. Then you download the reader.
5. Then you input your new product key for the reader.
6. Then you can read your comics, only via the reader and only on 2 devices.

LMAO! No open PDFs... there's more, please read the post I linked above and let the outrage commence.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
I wasn't the one that removed him, but it was way more than just one thing. I won't get into it, but he's pretty hostile towards us, always has been.
Admit it. You just hate Canadians. It's okay. This is a safe place to hate Canadians.

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.