The Final Witness

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: The Final Witness

Post by nycjadie »

lorddunlow wrote:
nycjadie wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:I'm a guy who thinks plants have souls and might actually be conscious and I spent a large portion of my day worrying about bees dying because marketing firms have convinced legions of vegans and vegan wannabes to consume almond milk to the point of absurdity (don't even get me started on oat milk) and I find this entire discussion tedious and circular...

p. s. I also just realized that our honeybees are an invasive species in North America and that has me doubly upset, so you guys should all take a long look at yourselves and maybe reevaluate your lives because I'm about as crazy as a person can be and I'm like "WTH is going on here?" in this thread.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
What is up with oat milk?
It's America's attempt to put gluten in everything. As someone with an allergy: NOTHING IS SAFE.
But oats don't contain gluten...

At least they don't contain it naturally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Not pure oats, but it’s damn near impossible to separate oats without a bit of gluten. I do miss granola. And if those companies say they are GF, I do not believe it. I have anecdotal evidence that says otherwise!

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

On a completely unrelated topic i'm looking forward to reading this. Its different, but i'm curious to see where this goes.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

depluto wrote:I thought it was from goat titties.
Klingon milk comes from Klingon titties.

#chiclo
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

possumgrease wrote:“And the award for GOAT titties, goes to....?
Ginger Rogers

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Chiclo wrote:
Ginger Rogers
:hm:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
AnarchoMambo wrote:You worship at the alter of Saint Dysart too. It would be cool to discuss his evolution as a creator from Unknown Soldier to Harbinger to Goodnight Paradise, but I’d prefer to do that on a different thread or with PMs since you seem to be more interested in showmanship and grandstanding on this one. Since you probably only consume a disorienting cocktail of Harbinger and Breitbart, I’d be fine with that too. (Gasp! Hint: This is humor.) You seem so confused by my identity since most of your responses are required to refer to it. I’m a white male too so according to you, I guess I won’t need any more of your lessons from now on.
Do the Brits read much Breitbart? Probably more like Katie Hopkins. I wanted to go see her when she was in (the) Midland(s).

Why start with Unknown Soldier? That's like starting discussing a band that had been around for a long time and finally gets a hit record, like how Metallica fans get about the black album.
I’ve heard of Breitbart but I’ve never seen it, I think it’s an online news site with right wing leanings I’m guessing?
Yeah, Katie dishes out red pills aplenty :thumb:
Sorry, if I understand you correctly, that is: your addition of a thumbs-up emoticon following a statement about Katie Hopkins "handing out red pills", that you're suggesting that she acts as something of a reality check for any member of the public that happens to catch something that she says, and that you're generally in favour of the typical type of comments that she makes.

Please tell me I'm wrong.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

And what is all this about marketing companies 'convincing' vegetarians and vegans that the need to consume almond milk in vast quantities?

Logically speaking, vegetarians have a valid choice to make as to whether they consume dairy milk or an alternative so may be subject ot the influence of marketing, but by default vegans don't have that choice, ergo they HAVE to consume some alternative product if they want to continue consuming things like breakfast cereals or tea, to name two examples, so at the very least how can marketing have any effect on a demographic of people that have made a self-enforced decision to drop dairy products from their diets?

And why specifically almond milk? Why are other alternatives like soy, oat, rice and hazelnut (to name a few, amongst others) exempt from this assertion?

Forget my opinions on the matter: in a logical sense alone I just find this assertion really, really nonsensical :?
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Shadowman99 wrote:And what is all this about marketing companies 'convincing' vegetarians and vegans that the need to consume almond milk in vast quantities?

Logically speaking, vegetarians have a valid choice to make as to whether they consume dairy milk or an alternative so may be subject ot the influence of marketing, but by default vegans don't have that choice, ergo they HAVE to consume some alternative product if they want to continue consuming things like breakfast cereals or tea, to name two examples, so at the very least how can marketing have any effect on a demographic of people that have made a self-enforced decision to drop dairy products from their diets?

And why specifically almond milk? Why are other alternatives like soy, oat, rice and hazelnut (to name a few, amongst others) exempt from this assertion?

Forget my opinions on the matter: in a logical sense alone I just find this assertion really, really nonsensical :?
I read an article today reporting that vast numbers of honeybees have died off because of the all of the pesticides needed for the almonds to make almond milk. There have to be better alternatives out there. Not sure whether oat milk has the same issues, but it's not bad, taste-wise.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

myron wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Ginger Rogers
Was she in the Legion of Super-Heroes?
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
myron wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Ginger Rogers
Was she in the Legion of Super-Heroes?
No, but she knew some of them. Not well, like on a first name basis.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

What the *SQUEE* is going on in this thread? Some of you need to relax. :lol:

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

kjjohanson wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:And what is all this about marketing companies 'convincing' vegetarians and vegans that the need to consume almond milk in vast quantities?

I read an article today reporting that vast numbers of honeybees have died off because of the all of the pesticides needed for the almonds to make almond milk. There have to be better alternatives out there. Not sure whether oat milk has the same issues, but it's not bad, taste-wise.
I personally like the taste of coconut milk much better than almond milk, although almond milk has come a long way.
Moose

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

I bought some cashew milk the other day and I liked it. It was soon to expire and so it was heavily discounted and I thought I'd give it a try. I tried oat milk when they had it on sale and I like the extra creamy oat milk. I have not liked the other milk replacements that I have tried.

I do enjoy milk. I'd even drink half and half - that is the good stuff.

Oxmyx
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

Chiclo wrote:I bought some cashew milk the other day and I liked it. It was soon to expire and so it was heavily discounted and I thought I'd give it a try. I tried oat milk when they had it on sale and I like the extra creamy oat milk. I have not liked the other milk replacements that I have tried.

I do enjoy milk. I'd even drink half and half - that is the good stuff.
As a kid I really loved to drink those coffee creamers like little shots!
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Shadowman99 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
AnarchoMambo wrote:You worship at the alter of Saint Dysart too. It would be cool to discuss his evolution as a creator from Unknown Soldier to Harbinger to Goodnight Paradise, but I’d prefer to do that on a different thread or with PMs since you seem to be more interested in showmanship and grandstanding on this one. Since you probably only consume a disorienting cocktail of Harbinger and Breitbart, I’d be fine with that too. (Gasp! Hint: This is humor.) You seem so confused by my identity since most of your responses are required to refer to it. I’m a white male too so according to you, I guess I won’t need any more of your lessons from now on.
Do the Brits read much Breitbart? Probably more like Katie Hopkins. I wanted to go see her when she was in (the) Midland(s).

Why start with Unknown Soldier? That's like starting discussing a band that had been around for a long time and finally gets a hit record, like how Metallica fans get about the black album.
I’ve heard of Breitbart but I’ve never seen it, I think it’s an online news site with right wing leanings I’m guessing?
Sorry, if I understand you correctly, that is: your addition of a thumbs-up emoticon following a statement about Katie Hopkins "handing out red pills", that you're suggesting that she acts as something of a reality check for any member of the public that happens to catch something that she says, and that you're generally in favour of the typical type of comments that she makes.

Yes I am generally in favour of whet she says. What are you not in favour of?

The Chosen 1

Post by The Chosen 1 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

To be honest, i only hear the stuff that is really controversial. I can't think of any comment off the top of my head. Based on that limited exposure to her, she seems like a complete *SQUEE* idiot, but im not sure if she says that stuff to keep herself in the public eye or if she actually believes it. A bit like Piers Morgan. So of his stuff is just out there. Although we did like it when Brett Lee bowled 6 balls at him at the MCG nets and broke a finger or two on Piers hand. I think all of Australia cheered when we heard that, lol.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

The Chosen 1 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

To be honest, i only hear the stuff that is really controversial. I can't think of any comment off the top of my head. Based on that limited exposure to her, she seems like a complete *SQUEE* idiot, but im not sure if she says that stuff to keep herself in the public eye or if she actually believes it. A bit like Piers Morgan. So of his stuff is just out there. Although we did like it when Brett Lee bowled 6 balls at him at the MCG nets and broke a finger or two on Piers hand. I think all of Australia cheered when we heard that, lol.
Katie Hopkins is one of the few public figures who will speak out about controversial issues that the MSM won’t touch as it’s not PC. If you think what she says isn’t real then do some research. Start with Rotherham and go from there. Not something for discussion on this board as it’s too horrendous and not appropriate.

Or the state of London and the crime explosion (stabbings etc).

Plus she was a big supporter of Brexit so she’s good in my book.

As for Piers, I’m not a massive fan.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

THE FINAL WITNESS Throws the Valiant Universe Into A Noir Murder Mystery (EXCLUSIVE)
https://nerdist.com/article/the-final-w ... exclusive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

I am not much of a mystery person. I have never been into mysteries and who done it.
I Miss the good old days.

The Chosen 1

Post by The Chosen 1 »

Katie Hopkins is one of the few public figures who will speak out about controversial issues that the MSM won’t touch as it’s not PC. If you think what she says isn’t real then do some research. Start with Rotherham and go from there. Not something for discussion on this board as it’s too horrendous and not appropriate.

Or the state of London and the crime explosion (stabbings etc).

Plus she was a big supporter of Brexit so she’s good in my book.

As for Piers, I’m not a massive fan.
I'll check her out. Thanks :thumb:

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

I just posted about how I actually liked the teaser image in another thread then came here and saw that there were pages released too and now I'm down on the comic again. The pages look like a 2nd tier crossgen book by way of the low rate IDW look. And you know a comic is in trouble when the first preview is talking heads...

The Chosen 1

Post by The Chosen 1 »

syzhang28 wrote:I just posted about how I actually liked the teaser image in another thread then came here and saw that there were pages released too and now I'm down on the comic again. The pages look like a 2nd tier crossgen book by way of the low rate IDW look. And you know a comic is in trouble when the first preview is talking heads...
Wow, you just have a real knack of *SQUEE* on everything. Who said the comic is in trouble. Plenty of people have said the team on this are of a high calibre, but you manage to always see the glass half empty.

By he way, Valiant is still here in 2020.You must be really disappointed you're prediction of their doom didn't eventuate. What other parts of Valiant are you going to crap on next? We get that you're unconditionally in the Dinesh camp, but give it a rest.

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I’m looking forward to this one. Fawkes is great and I’m looking forward to something new.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

It does sound and look interesting. The team seems solid. I've just picked up Red Mother and am ready to give that a read.
Moose

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

I'm both interested and hopeful on The Final Witness. I like well done noir type books. It will be fun to see one done in the Valiant universe. I picked up Revival years back just because I liked the genre. That was such a great book by Seeley. Loved it. Maybe Valiant can do something similar with this idea? Don't know much about the creative team, but I'm giving it a shot.